Awoo.

TSS COMMUNITY RELEASE: The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012

Jeffhog

Anyway, I know I'm jumping the gun here, but I can't help but think about the next album. I always think a sequel should surpass the original in every possible way. I think we did that with 2012, compared to 2011.

But how the heck can we possibly top the amazing 2012 Album?? O_O

Well may I be the first to say I don't think making it 20 discs will be necessary lol.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 8

Anyway, I know I'm jumping the gun here, but I can't help but think about the next album. I always think a sequel should surpass the original in every possible way. I think we did that with 2012, compared to 2011.

But how the heck can we possibly top the amazing 2012 Album?? O_O

Probably limit it to like, 50-60 songs, over 3 Discs, and focus on quality songs of variety, with proper endings and no loop cut offs, only the best work makes the cut.

Maybe set it up like Gens, where you can only do 2 songs from each Sonic game?

As for album art, I think we should all work on a single image, then compile it into one big collaboration album cover, of course the slots will be limited due to size of the cover without making it look cluttered

Enjoy everyone!! Dope soundtrack....

Merged into the current topic for this. Awesome you took the time to upload all that dude, seriously some impressive dedication haha! I know that the main Youtube channel of the album was working on this, but still have a ways to go, so cool people can check it out in the mean time and awesome in general for help spreading the word.

Welcome to the forums btw! Be sure to check this little thingy out~

I just want to say, my favourite track so far is Tactile Snowfall...for White Acropolis the chorus honestly makes me think of Donkey Kong Country's distortion effects in the mines, I LOVE it!

• Thumbs Up 1

I just wanted to say that the more I listen to this, the more I love it.

I really like Across The Sea Of Clouds... For Sky Troops.

It's the same one from the Melpontro stage, isn't it?

EAR can you please do Cyber Track for next year's as a personal request? If you did that song justice and with as much skill and awesomeness as you did for Ocean Base, I'll worship you forever :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Merged into the current topic for this. Awesome you took the time to upload all that dude, seriously some impressive dedication haha! I know that the main Youtube channel of the album was working on this, but still have a ways to go, so cool people can check it out in the mean time and awesome in general for help spreading the word.

Welcome to the forums btw! Be sure to check this little thingy out~

I just wanted to say I'm giving this YT User "TheOSTLobbyYT" 7 days to either link back to The Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012 Website or my Own website on each of my songs they uploaded, or to remove my songs from their Account.

The only YT Account I've given permission to upload my work from this project is the OFFICIAL TSSMA YouTube account.

---> I don't mind people using my music to share on YouTube, or use in their own videos or whatever - but at least ASK ME? or LET ME KNOW? or bare-minimum, link back to my website or wherever you found the song...That's really quite rude.

EDIT?!

CyberTrack may come around sometime I'm sure......Just gotta keep your eyes open.

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::
  • Thumbs Up 1

Enjoy everyone!! Dope soundtrack....

Um, I was gonna do that and I had most of it rendered. Youtube has been pretty shit for me and keeps rejecting stuff, so I don't know... argh.

• Thumbs Up 2

Copying everything from a new blog at RadioSEGA:

So as we all know, the Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2012 has finally made its release. With it being 9 months in the making, and bringing together a wide artist variety, you are pretty sure to expect a huge shift in styles from one artist to the other throughout the whole thing. 

Most of my faves from each disc were played on a past episode of SEGA Mixer Drive, so if it's listed there I kept tabs on it (or in Azukara's case, kept it for the lulz). To me, there were something about them that had a great redeeming quality - Marvin Valentin's "Keys the Ruin Modern" felt like a huge production quality jump in comparison to his other works while still keeping the fun of the original; MasterJace's "Wave Master Throwback" was a very surprising, interpretive and yet more uplifting take on the otherwise more somber Sonic Advance 3 credits theme; and while BlitzChris's "Blackout at the Carnival" was pretty liberal in nature, it's a direction that I certainly didn't expect to hear for a Carnival Night remix, and it had a creepy vision that actually worked! I could state more thoughts, but most of them were stated within the talkbeds themselves; definitely worth checking out.

Outside of what I played on that show, I do indeed have some honorable mentions to some specific artists:

Faseeh: Sure, for the most part the arrangements were entirely straight covers, but that's not too bad considering his drive to keep upping his game. I believe that with the right instrument setup, he could really bring out the feel for the source material. That to me worked really well with "Sink into Darkness" on disc 8; a difficult source to transcribe, but the choice of instrumentation actually fitted the ominous approach for Mephiles as a character and really grabbed my attention.

Alien Renegade: I feel his production technique has been really increasing since his efforts on last year's album. And even then he's been really creative with what he had in store as well, switching between styles to really show the best out of him. Say what you like about the laid-back "When the Rain Falls", but I thought it was a very pleasant track for early on in disc 1 and capturing the delicate feel of Frog Forest by what was brought in. And then we had the metal brought in, with a huge original highlight on the album through "Welcome to Genocide City", which seemed to fuse good ol' rock n' roll with a hint of thrash to really fit the approach for that long forgotten Sonic 2 beta stage. And of course, "That's Enough Beatboxing for One Day!", while not the sharpest acapella production-wise, is just downright hilarious on paper and a pleasure to take in.

Can of Nothing: While his Project Flash contributions were cute, nothing really prepared me for the huge amount of cuteness brought in with one of the many interludes for the album via "When Star Meets Pac". Sure, it may still be gamey in nature, but it's a very interpretive short track covering the first stage music for Ristar, and one that I would've liked to have heard an extension of at some point!

Dizcrybe: Almost every single one of his tracks were pure GOLD imo; in fact I had trouble deciding on which two of his involvments to take onto the radio with me. The retro dance music throwbacks in his track appears to be not only a neat trait to take on board, but to me it also felt really nostalgic to take in. I fell in love with "The 90's Rave Scene As You Truly Imagned It" during the original listening party itself, simply because of its homage to artists like the Prodigy and Crystal Method which were making their rounds around that era; "Desperate Battle in Robotnik's Void of Emptiness" was also a grower, and when it did latch on it also had that great retro feel that made it worth taking in. I also have to say I was pleasantly surprised with "Big Chillin' @ Emerald Coast" - surprisingly laid back and melodic in comparison to his other works, and was a very serene opener to disc 5 nevertheless.

EAR: What else can we expect from EAR? If we know his tunes provide punch, we know they'll do just that. Everything just feels so sharp and well balanced; arrangement wise it could be seen as more subjective, drawing the fine line between conservatism ("Barbara is a Wicked Bomber") or liberalism ("Follow Me"); though respecting his wishes as an artist and witnessing his general direction, I can't imagine him pulling off sharper turns with either of those source tunes. Although, even though I haven't played Sonic Advance 3, "Assault on the Ocean Base" really started to push itself up there over time, mostly because of the difficult source tune to cover and mostly because of the frantic nature given towards the end result. Whichever's the case, I'm proud of each of EAR's efforts and it'll be great to see what else he's got down the line.

Freen in Green: Very enjoyable stuff all around including covering some more obscure material, which especially in the case of "Project K - YOUR KNIFE FEELS SO RIGHT" yielded some very interesting results. Other notable shoutouts I got from Aptiva and the gang would no doubt be for "A Blast from the Past" and its very nostalgia-driven direction for Green Hill Zone which I still think should've been much earlier on in the album's tracklisting (not bashing Jeff or anything), and "Aquatic Base is Mine", a chill yet downright hilarious idea for anyone who has a prone to be mixing up both the 'aquatic' stages in Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic '06 for some reason or another. Enjoyable stuff!

General Offensive: I already played two of his three tracks on the radio, though at some point I almost took on board "Underwater Maze Escape" for the setlist for it being a very straightforward yet very sweet expansion on Lost Labyrinth Act 3. I sensed some interesting drum writing here as well as some great bass articulations that really managed to push it up over the line as a great rock track for disc 9. It's almost as if Jun Senoue gave it a modern coat of paint and put it in Sonic Generations himself!

Gregzilla: Simple as it may be, I thought "Forgotten Fire" had a great sense of feeling behind it as well as being able to improve on the original's scope. There may be a ridiculous amount of bass going on with this, but to me this is what really helped shape its mood and reflecting on the dangerous nature of Poloy Forest and its blazing inferno in practice. Consider me surprised with that!

Joshua Taipale: A lot of his guest appearances in other tracks were sweet, though nothing really prepared me for "Force of the Ocean", covering one of Jarel Jones's original tracks for Sonic Robo Blast 2. After seeing the stage in practice and comparing it with the original composition, it seemed like a very atmospheric yet powerful expansion that managed to fit the motion for "secret underwater lab" to a T. I think that's probably one of my favorite fangame remixes on the album too, so kudos!

KatamariParadox: If I could play originals, I would've easily gone with "House with a Vengeance" - for something made to emulate the stylistic approach of Sonic Riders, it managed to capture a great feel that could be associated with earlier stages in any titles in the series. Course, the deep house style may be more of a matter of taste, but I feel she can work really well if she keeps at the strengths she got from this.

MasterJace: Much like Dizcrybe beforehand, there's been a great mix of the usual trancy stuff as well as some fresh new directions. Both the retro-synth pop takes for his credits mixes - which includes "A Cast to Remember" - had a very sweet melodic approach that made them highly appropriate to seal discs 5 and 10, and have a great soundscape between both that really made them come through. Oddly, I also considered myself surprised by "Lounging in the Clouds" - seeing him do something so laid back was something that I wasn't expecting from someone more notable for doing some quality trance mixes, and to me this melodic approach was subtle yet very sweet. Probably my only criticism in regards to his works in general is to watch the texture of some of his synth choices; some of them may come off as a bit too abrasive to take in without feeling the resonance alongside it, which appeared to be more of a dead ringer for the aforementioned Sky Chase mix more than anything else. But otherwise, very sweet stuff from an equally credible arranger.

VizardJeffhog / Wolfblur: Both of them should already know my feelings in regards to "Maybe in Distance But Never at Heart" and ""Reaching for Stars" respectively - both mellow tracks that I played many weeks back, and in Jeff's case one of his most elaborate arangements for some time and in Wolfy's case a huge quality boost in regards to guitar recording. Both very raw and worth it!

Zach Hinchy: The Melponterations modern mixes took a while to grow on me, and when they did they were sweet enough to take in as the game loops they are. Though I've actually yet to play "Across the Sea of Clouds" on my own show, it to me managed to capture this "lighter and softer" approach for Sky Troops for the Melponterations mod, and really stands out as a sweet Shadow remix to me.

And there we go. Naturally I could also go on about my own, but 

. Whichever's the case, it's been a fun album to get involved with, and with all lessons learned, it'll be interesting to see where the SSMB goes from here. But nevertheless, a sweet acknowledgement to the entire TSSMA12 team!

And there we go, my thoughts in a nutshell. Nice going, all!

• Thumbs Up 7

So... The finishing of last year's album's good and all, but mind if I ask when's this year's one starting?

(I've got a few ideas for this already XD;)

Also, thanks! I really didn't expect the remix to be as liked as it is - Again, it was a rushed effort, and most of the arrangement I did was changing the pitches for Pac-Man VS's stuff and mashing the two midis together. Judging by its favorable reception, though, I think I'm gonna try mix some themes up for this year's album, too.

(How's Steampunk Suspense [Rayman Origins], Chemical Plant, Metropolis and Mad Gear/Metal Sonic sound to ya, eh?)

Edited by Hedgehog Wright (CoN)

WE ARE NOT STARTING THE SONIC STADIUM MUSIC ADVENTURE 2013 & KNUCKLES RIGHT NOW

;A; god damn we just released this one, guys

EDIT: Likely not for another few months down the line, gonna give a certain other project some room to breathe.

• Thumbs Up 2

WE ARE NOT STARTING THE SONIC STADIUM MUSIC ADVENTURE 2013 & KNUCKLES RIGHT NOW

Please make this a thing.  Like release 2 discs and that'll be Music Adventure 2013.

Then release Music Adventure & Knuckles.  Obviously all together they make Sonic Stadium Music Adventure 2013 Complete.

Also, all songs on Music Adventure & Knuckles are remixes of Knuckles raps from SA2.  All 20 discs.

• Thumbs Up 7

Also, all songs on Music Adventure & Knuckles are remixes of Knuckles raps from SA2.  All 20 discs.

I know that it's here / I can sense it in my feet / The Great Vizard's power allows me to pheel

• Thumbs Up 3

ya know, 

Please make this a thing.  Like release 2 discs and that'll be Music Adventure 2013.

I support this idea. Well not exactly, let me explain. 

Start off at June, deadline it to mid December. Then we'll have a small album and not this big and it'd be a lot better on quality AND production values.

Then we release it on the dot mid Jan. And then we start the next album in the next April and then go on.

(not gonna happen but ya know)

• Thumbs Up 2

I feel bad that I didn't get involved with the Sonic Music Adventure 2012 more than I did, and I have at least one new track already lined up for next year, so I am anxious for the 2013 Collab to get started, but please take your time; we'd rather not have you lose your sanity and die.

...because if you die outside your own game, you don't regenerate. EVER. Game over...

• Thumbs Up 1

ya know,

I support this idea. Well not exactly, let me explain.

Start off at June, deadline it to mid December. Then we'll have a small album and not this big and it'd be a lot better on quality AND production values.

Then we release it on the dot mid Jan. And then we start the next album in the next April and then go on.

(not gonna happen but ya know)

I don't know what the problem is with the album being big, at least as the end user/listener. Is it because it was too much work for those involved in its creation? I think it was very good quality; there are quite a few gems and the rest is good too. The more the merrier, really (unless there's a huge reduction in quality as a result which doesn't seem to have been the case here).

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, it takes a long time to manage, organise, master, get it released, uploaded, downloaded, and the quality control isn't good enough. 

It's hard to listen to the album altogether as it's 8hours and that's not exactly nice for some people. 

It's just too much really.

I don't know what the problem is with the album being big, at least as the end user/listener.

Not everyone can download likes a 1.2 GB music album.

Nor 10 bloody discs of music. An average music album goes up to 4 or 5 discs top, this one doubled everything. Plus, this album had quite a few delays and problems related to the website. 

Plus, this album had quite a few delays and problems related to the website. 

And it's not BMN's fault and he did a fine job!

Not everyone can download likes a 1.2 GB music album.

Nor 10 bloody discs of music. An average music album goes up to 4 or 5 discs top, this one doubled everything. Plus, this album had quite a few delays and problems related to the website. 

An average music album, yes. But this is no average music album; this is a community project involving a lot of artists. Having so much awesome in one album makes it unique. Also, the website issues probably had nothing to do with its size. If the problem was bandwidth (not usage, bandwidth), it still would have happened with a smaller album because everyone would still be downloading it all at once. And it's not like the website issues caused an enormous shitstorm or anything; the download just had to be disabled for a while and then it was back up and running.

You can have too much of a good thing.

I don't personally think this project is very consistent in quality.  Each disc so far has only had about 4 songs on it that have really impressed me to the point I've wanted to listen to them again.

There haven't been any BAD tracks but there have been bland, uninteresting ones, or ones that just sound really amateurish.  And that's great y'know, it's good to have a project that embraces all skill levels but... doesn't mean it will necessarily make for great listening.

It's great that you're so enthusiastic for it but... no the more is not always merrier.  The more is "geez fuck this album is long, I'll listen to the rest later" and never getting round to said task, or "man this disc only had a few awesome tracks... I dunno if I can be arsed to listen to the rest if I have to wade through all the amateur stuff just to hear the eargasmic tracks".  And thus the poor souls who can only be found on the later discs remain unheard.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 7