Awoo.

EA wins a fantastic achievement!

Autosaver

The moment I read the title I said "No.... they've never done it again."

Whilst they have been a tad naughty and pissed off their primary customer base again and again, I do wonder if they're really the worst company in america. Me suspects that a bit of organised voting was going on... but still people don't usually vote on mass unless there is something they don't like about the said company so it's still one heck of an achivement.

• Thumbs Up 7

It's an online poll and it does seem like it really isn't indicative on which company is truly the worst. These polls come up with people that complain saying how in the world BoA loses to EA when BoA is ruining lives all the time. Or other companies that constantly violate laws and have shady practices.

Now I don't mean to ruin the fun or anything, but there are companies out there that are literally evil and have done awful things... for EA to win (or lose, based on your point of view) mainly because they're incompetant (albeit really incompetant) is inarguably stupid.

Edited by Jazz
  • Thumbs Up 7

EA wins another "Worst Company In America" award. News at 11.

People then proceed to bitch and moan over a videogame company winning a completely meaningless title of dishonor over a banking organization. More at 11:0whogivesashit.

Not saying that the fact that the other companies listed doing worse atrocities is insignificant, but it is rather meaningless to cry over BoA/Walmart/etc. "losing" against EA over what amounts no more to a "This Loser Is You!" title accompanied with a wall of text on how you are said loser and an image of your corporate logo with a turd photoshopped onto it.

Edited by Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 3

You know, I'm fairly sure BoA deserves this title more. But EA getting it again makes me chuckle. I really don't like them as a company, so no complaints. I look forward to their response this year.

Also that logo is the shit.

• Thumbs Up 5

(The funny thing is, those people will keep buying their games.)

EA IS THE DEVIL!!!

oo battlefield 4 so shiny mmm im gonna buy this

• Thumbs Up 8

EA IS THE DEVIL!!!

Relevant video.

So EA...a company that makes products that are optional to buy and that don't have to impact your life if you don't buy them wins out over BoA, a company that has helped cause the current economic situation in America and has ruined peoples lives.

EA is totally the worst company in America AMIRITE?

A visual representation of EA (according to gamers/reddit):

Hitler.jpg

Edited by SkyLlama
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's not a big deal and was probably an organized mass vote by 4chan or NeoGAF. However for so many gamers to vote that they eclipsed the "normal" voters, EA must be seriously hated by so many gamers. This isn't something they can ignore, surely?

(or maybe their sales numbers ignore it for them)

I wonder if EA will take this lightly; I do find it hilarious that they blame/scapegoat the lgbt community for the hate, that is not how you advocate humanities EA.

"waa waa i-it's not our DRM practises people hate us for it's our support of LGBT that make people hate us..!"

Are you sure you're in support of LGBT EA? Because it sounds more to me like they're nothing more than a meat shield to be used at your convenience.

Disgusting morons.

I think the award should go to "Company Most Accomplished at Pissing Off the Largest Number of People Simultaneously" because that one's a well-deserved win for EA. Some of the companies they beat in this contest are Bond villain evil.

• Thumbs Up 4

EA IS THE DEVIL!!!

I may not agree with some of EA's practices, but I don't hate them...they do publish some great games though so it really can't be helped.

I already expressed how I feel about this Same applies this year.

The thing that rubbed me the worst was a tidbit in one of their responses to this.

• In the past year, we have received thousands of emails and postcards protesting against EA for allowing players to create LGBT characters in our games.  This week, we’re seeing posts on conservative web sites urging people to protest our LGBT policy by voting EA the Worst Company in America.

That last one is particularly telling.  If that’s what makes us the worst company, bring it on.  Because we're not caving on that.

This sounds like it's been more of less confirmed that peoples' suspicions that  was mostly just for good publicity, as if they're using it as a shield against their criticisms. I cannot say how much this reflects the entire company's stance, but using homophobia as a scapegoat for being voted the Worst Company is just cringe-worthy.

edit: Aaaand oops Superlink already pointed this out. orz

Edited by gunthær
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another year of EA "winning" the prize of their logo with dog shit Photoshopped on it, another year of people taking it Soup-er SRS and complaining about who "won" as if it ever mattered in the first place.

I hate EA as much as the next guy, but I wish all the people who voted would put this into perspective.

What perspective? The perspective that lets the people voting in it realize that the entire thing is a parody of the March Madness craze that happens in America while it is going on, and thus who cares who "wins" because it's only supposed to be for fun and to vent a bit? Or the perspective that they should take all that into account but then treat the affair deathly serious anyway; else they are "bandwagonning morons"?

By all means don't take any internet polls seriously if you feel that is proper, but don't use one that isn't intended to be taken seriously as a reason for why.

• Thumbs Up 2

Second time in a row??

I hate EA as much as the next guy but that's ridiculous. O_o Mind you I don't know anything about BoA since I don't live in the US but ffs this is a video gaming company. And BoA, from what I've heard, caused the economic recession in the US! Which is worse hmm?

Edited by Gabz Girl

I don't think EA is a bad company but certainly ain't one of my favourites, even though there are a couple of games from them I do like. Besides, if that's how this game should be played then fair enough and if they won it twice in a row then that's the outcome. There's nothing you can do about it until next year, if there's ever going to be the next contest.

What if we all voted for the Bank of America, what if they won the award!? What if they got the golden poo!? What if it wasn't the millions of angry customers or reposessed home owners that made them change their ways!? What if it was the golden poo!!!

Everyone hates the banks, the banks know everybody hates them. Giving them something like this won't make any difference, you could also apply the same argument to EA or any of the other companies, the only difference is that unlike the Banks, EA isn't a universal dislike.

• Thumbs Up 1