Awoo.

What's Your Favorite Music from Sonic?

ElectricParrot

I'll admitt, some of the more recent Sonic games haven't been Sonic's best, but the music in those games have been top notch, even Sonic the Hedgehog '06. I want to know what your guys' favorite music is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cash Cash's Big Arm remix. It carries the same omnious, daunting presence from the original, with added guitar and synths that make for a great composition. Certainly the best remix in Generations to me. It's a crime it didn't get to the HD version, because it truly is a fantastic track.

• Thumbs Up 4

I really liked the remix for Sky Santuary Zone in Generations and Mushroom Hill Zone from the 3DS version.

Sky Santuary Zone Classic:

Mushroom Hill Zone Modern:

Edited by ElectricParrot

Oh, I have several favorites. But one that always stands out to me is Supporting Me from Sonic Adventure 2. I can listen to that track over and over again and still love it. I'm normally not one for dark and depressing songs but there's just something about this one that makes it the exception. I love the opening of the song, it's just the perfect way to launch into things before we get some very awesome lyrics. And I know the full title is 'Supporting Me ...For Biolizard', to me, it seems like it fits Shadow better. A couple of the lines could act as a metaphor for his character development throughout the game. But that's just me.

Oh, I have several favorites. But one that always stands out to me is Supporting Me from Sonic Adventure 2. I can listen to that track over and over again and still love it. I'm normally not one for dark and depressing songs but there's just something about this one that makes it the exception. I love the opening of the song, it's just the perfect way to launch into things before we get some very awesome lyrics. And I know the full title is 'Supporting Me ...For Biolizard', to me, it seems like it fits Shadow better. A couple of the lines could act as a metaphor for his character development throughout the game. But that's just me.

Wow, that is a good theme. I never realized it because I didn't know what the official name of it was and I was too busy with fighting the boss to actually listen, I really suck at this boss.

This is an extremely evil question cause it is really hard for me to just pick one favorite but if I had to give it to one, I would probably give it to the Modern version of City Escape, I just love how upbeat and fast paced it is and it just has a certain flare to it that makes it stand out from most of the other songs in the series that I really can't describe.

My absolute favorite of all time? Probably Live & Learn, I'm a Modern Sonic Fan (1999+) so I probably don't know a good song from the Classic Era. But, if I had to mention one I really liked, it would have to be Sonic Boom (US) from Sonic CD, loved it.

This is probably one of the hardest choices I have ever had to make Sonic-wise. Can I just say my top 5?

In no particular order:

Race to Win (Sonic Rivals 2)

Bullet Station (Sonic Heroes)

Special Stage (Sonic 4: Episode II)

Crisis City Classic (Sonic Generations)

Crazy Gadget (Sonic Adventure 2)

Yeah. I like rooting for the unknown tracks. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

A guilty pleasure. But I absolutely love this track. It just makes me feel happy and when people say it's sunny, I always go, "Can you feel the Sunshine?"

Everyone gets confused. :D

• Thumbs Up 4

A guilty pleasure. But I absolutely love this track. It just makes me feel happy and when people say it's sunny, I always go, "Can you feel the Sunshine?"

Everyone gets confused. biggrin.png

Oh my god, yes. I absolutely LOVE Sonic R's soundtrack. In particular, Back in Time. Cheery and relaxing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think I like supporting me and stardust speedway good future (JAP) the most

they both fit the environment and mood of the stage.

Both are really catchy and fun to listen to,

and to me that's what I like most about videogame music and these are a good representation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now this is a really tricky topic, they're all so amazing.

But I really enjoy Green Hill Zone. Oh god, the nostalgia. Never grow tired of it.

I'm also a big fan of Chemical Plant. Dunno why, it's just so good.

Then there is the Emerald Challenge soundtrack from Sonic Heroes.

Rooftop Run, Classic Remix, and Crisis City, Modern Remix, both from Generations.

The Starlight Carnival and Terminal Velocity map themes from Colors.

Bleh, so many more I wanna mention but I know I'll end up going overboard pretty fast.

Have you heard the third ending to Sonic X? It's pretty awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone gets confused. biggrin.png

Dude, Sonic R's entire soundtrack is actually really good. Definitely not fitting for a racing game, but it's an example of quality over how well it fits. It's just so chillin'. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So, I've been listening to the Cashell version of Un-gravifty constantly for the past week or so. I actually hated this version the first time I heard it (I had been exposed to the Crush 40 version prior). But after listening to it for a while, I can now say it's one of my favorite songs in the series. Though, I don't know which version out of the two I like best. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

My top 10 pieces of Sonic music (in no particular order):

- Ice Cap Act 1

- Chemical Plant

- Quartz Quadrant Present (JP soundtrack)

- Aquarium Park Act 1

- Stardust Speedway Past

- Sky Sanctuary (Generations' Classic Mix)

- Collision Chaos Present (JP soundtrack)

- Planet Wisp Act 1 (Colors Version)

- Jungle Joyride Day

- Palmtree Panic Bad Future (JP soundtrack)

....shit why did I restrict myself to 10 spaces?

My absolute favorite of all time? Probably Live & Learn, I'm a Modern Sonic Fan (1999+) so I probably don't know a good song from the Classic Era. But, if I had to mention one I really liked, it would have to be Sonic Boom (US) from Sonic CD, loved it.

Your homework for tonight is listening to the soundtracks for Sonic 2 and 3.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, to name just a few:

(CD) Palmtree panic Bad future JP and all versions of stardust speedway.

(S3&K) Both acts of Hydrocity.

(SA2) Believe in myself (tails' theme)

(Heroes) What I'm made of

(ShTH) I am all of me

(Sonic 06) His world and Dream of an absolution

(Colours) Nega wisp armour phase 2

(Generations) All hail shadow, Chemical Plant act 1, both acts of crisis City, Rooftop run act 2 and Stardust speedway.

When I said a "few", I lied.

Edited by Dandp

I have to say that I really love Knight of the Wind from Sonic and the Black Knight. It's probably my favorite opening theme in the series, even above Open Your Heart and Live and Learn. I find it to be really catchy and very fitting for Sonic's character.

My favorite special stage theme in any sonic game, without a doubt. It just feels so..... jazzy and upbeat. I think it's a remix of the sonic 2 special stage theme, but I'm not entirely sure. 

Edited by Knightofthewind417

Recently becoming one of my Top 10, Worth a Chance from the Credits of Sonic and the Secret Rings. Such a beautiful tune. 

E.G.G.M.A.N SA2,  Eggman's theme,this is so damn catchy.

Endless possibilities, Unleashed, Sonic's theme, catchy upbeat tune about adventures,you may have er...noticed that I take a liking to this.

Live Life, SaTBK, Sonic's theme, SABK, violins and electric guitar hell yes.

Chun-nan hub Night,Unleashed, Just so calming and atmospheric, love it. 

Palmtree Panic Good Future JPN, Sonic CD, Oh god this is so upbeat and cheery.

Sega carnival, Sonic riders, same reason as Palmtree panic good future, just SO cheerful.

Never Turn back, Shadow The Hedgehog ,Last story Credits theme, That guitar is just godly.

Edited by Amomynous

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to ask this in this topic, since I felt it'd be easier than making a whole new topic just for it to be possibly merged. ^^;

Which of Sonic's Modern Theme Songs do you like the best?

- It Doesn't Matter (SA1 or SA2)

- His World

- Knight of the Wind

- Endless Possibilities

- Reach for the Stars

Forgive me if I'm forgetting anything, I just did these off the top of my head.

I liked I Am (All of Me), it was a nice change for Crush 40 to do a dark song that is more darker than the game it belongs to.

Uuuuuughhh. Totally not likin' the way this topic is named. I don't get EXACTLY what you meant by 'Favorite Music. So I'll just go by all three definitions I can think of - soundtrack, vocal song and instrumental track.

First, favorite soundtrack. This is a three-way-tie actually: It goes between Sonic CD (Japanese), Sonic Colors and Generations. CD has that distinct 90s' feel, sampling from tons of stuff and featuring the Korg M1, among others. It's a defimitely unique style in the entire history of Sonic in my opinion, something that Hataya's later works (Ocean Palace for example) never completely captured.

On the other hand, Colors has a slightly modern take, but everything is done that it sounds so... retro. I can't explain it - this isn't really that close to the Genesis trilogy as far as music goes, but it gives me a certain sense of nostalgia, as if it were a retro game.

Generations, on the other hand, takes a handful of my favorite Sonic tracks along the years and gives them a whole new breath of fresh air. I especially love Modern Green Hill, Modern Sky Sancturary, Modern (noticing a pattern here?) Rooftop Run and Metal Sonic.

Second, favorite vocal song. This is a no-brainer: It goes to Toot-Toot Sonic Warrior, or ~Sonic~ You Can Do Anything to be precise. Its composition, arrangment and progression is very simple musically - one of those "how did this not exist before this" kind of things - but actually in a good way. *gasp*

Runner-ups include It Doesn't Matter (SA1) - amazing chorus, Reach for the Stars - very enjoyable main synth riff - and Sonic Heroes - just way too happy to not smile when you hear this.

Finally, my favorite non-vocal track... This was a very hard choice, as I never actually chose a favorite piece from Sonic, just about ever. After lots of deliberation, I came to finalists - Palmtree Panic, Stardust Speedway, Theme of Sonic 3D Blast, (Gens Ver.) Metal Harbor, Ocean Palace, Apotos Town Day and Modern Green Hill.

The track that prevailed, however... Is Metal Harbor.

It's a very upbeat and in-your-face happy track that could have used the help of more brass, but its overall style is very addictive for me, and is probably my most favorite official Sonic track.

The runner-up? Believe it or not, but it's Apotos Town Day. It's also got an upbeat feel, but more subtle and soft. If music were food, while Metal Harbor'd be a large pizza, Apotos Town Day would be a chocolate flavored cake in my opinion. It nevertheless has a very solid melody, and I like every part of it - instrumentation, composition, arrangement, chord progression... Everything.

Well, that was this amateur musician's just as amateur look into his (by that I mean me, herpderp) opinions of various Sonic soundtracks, vocal songs and instrumental tracks.