Awoo.

Black Rock Shooter: The Game (PSP)

Danj86

Isn't it annoying when you make plans for the future only for an alien race to swoop in and kill everyone? Now your favourite vacation spots have been ruined, oh and you are one of only twelve humans remaining on the planet.

Get your mind out of the gutter! This is no time to start thinking about procreating, while glossing over the fact that the generations to follow will be largely built on incest!

But your a nobody with no skills or sex appeal, so go wake up the mysterious sleeping girl called BRS and let her get to work dealing with those pesky but surprisingly attractive aliens!

w2480_272.jpg

http://nisamerica.com/games/blackrockshooterthegame/index.html

I didn't know about this game, so it was a pleasant surprise. I just got a random email from NISA and here we are. Plus it's on one of may favourite consoles, that being the PSP. There is so much in it's very large catalogue of games that I still wish to explore, even though the Vita is supposed to be it's replacement.

So what do we have here? Well...

Official Trailer #1:

Official Trailer #2:

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go save the future of mankind.

Time to start procreating!!

Edited by DanJ86

Welp I'm gonna call Soniko who most likely already knew about this.

My thoughts? Well NISA is involved so its bound to be good. I might check it out.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really need to get around to watching the anime for this sooner or later cause I feel as though its a crime if I haven't.

P.S. This game looks amazing and the fact its on PSP is great for me, but why PSP and not just PSP, vita and PS3?

This game has actually been out since 2011 with both a standard and limited edition bundle, the standard came with a PuCCHI White Rock Shooter chibi figurine, whilst the Limited Edition came with a Limited White Rock Shooter figma, Soundtrack, Artbook and DLC as well as a fully coloured collector's box with HUKE's art on it.

NISA said they where planning on bringing this local, and where working on a translated port that would be getting it's own US/EU collector's editions, however they went Quiet in early 2012 on it, and I'm guessing they've scrapped the idea entirely and just bringing us the translated game in download form only, which is... Disappointing, for me at least.

either way I'm glad they've gotten their finger out and bringing it out here finally, it's probably the only RPG I'm willing to play from beginning to end.

So yeah can't wait for this.

p.s. Dan, this has totally ruined my planned BRS topic lol, dammit.

I really need to get around to watching the anime for this sooner or later cause I feel as though its a crime if I haven't.

P.S. This game looks amazing and the fact its on PSP is great for me, but why PSP and not just PSP, vita and PS3?

Because it was already a game in 2011, just a PSP title.

And yes it is a crime you haven't, a crime against me *folds arms*

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah that bugs me big time that NO:SCARED has not been localized as the theme song for this game, despite being 95% English.

p.s. Dan, this has totally ruined my planned BRS topic lol, dammit.

Why do I get the feeling your staring at me like this?

tumblr_mihm3gXfnH1r9cz61o1_500.gif

Wait, what??

NISA was gonna release the game with those extra stuff?? Dammit!! I would've frackin' loved that too! I buy most of NISA's games from the official store website because they always have exclusives and limited editions. Even though the store is based in the US and I'm not.

I like my freebies dammit! *wimpers*

Oh well, I guess a company is entitled to one minor mistake every so often.

Uh oh...I've just remembered. My original PSP is broken and the new one I got was a PSP E1000. It has no Wi-Fi. Shit! I still have the original which does kinda work...nyaa, let me think about this!?

What was posted: BRS The Game is finally getting released in the West, so that is pretty cool.

What wasn't posted: But not in Canada or Mexico and certain parts of Europe, that was pretty fucking lame; stupid licensing issues.

Countries that are getting the game:

Anyway, the list of countries it WILL be available in is: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Holland, Britain, Romania, and Bulgaria.

• 2 weeks later...

So will I be able to download this game from my PS3 to my PSP. Asking because I can't access my PSN account on my PSP because it has someone elses account on it and I don't know how to change it.

So will I be able to download this game from my PS3 to my PSP. Asking because I can't access my PSN account on my PSP because it has someone elses account on it and I don't know how to change it.

Yes.

Posted on Playstation BLOG on the 18th April 

Greetings, doods! My name is Chris King; I recently joined the awesome team here at NISA. I’m here today to talk about Black Rock Shooter The Game, which hits PSP via PSN next Tuesday for $19.99. Shall we get started? Splendid!

Let me give you a quick rundown of the history of Black Rock Shooter. It all began as a simple illustration by renowned artist Ryohei “Huke” Fuke. The mysterious yet appealing design of the character inspired the creation of a Black Rock Shooter song (voiced by the ever popular Hatsune Miku), an original video animation, and even an eight-episode anime series. Starting off as a single character design, it has now evolved into an explosive Japanese RPG – not bad!

Also quoting a comment in the comments box.

+ Chris King on April 19th, 2013 at 5:57 pm said:

Hey jhernandez360,

It will be released on Tuesday 4/23 in the US, and 4/24 in Europe.

Thank you for your post!

Best,
Chris

Still no where to be found on PSN for me :/

Edited by Super Soniko

Update: Game is on PSN under PSP section right at the bottom.

Prices - £15.99/$19.99

woop, too bad I have to wait for my BRS Duo PRO Memory card to come before I can pick this up on my actual PSP :/

Update: Game is on PSN under PSP section right at the bottom.

Prices - £15.99/$19.99

woop, too bad I have to wait for my BRS Duo PRO Memory card to come before I can pick this up on my actual PSP :/

Wahey! Now to get myself a £15/20 PSN card!

Will likely stick it on my Vita, been really enjoying playing games on it over the PSP

• Thumbs Up 1