Awoo.

SSMB Errors

Scarlett

Finally... a thread by me. Exciting.

Hello everyone, first time I'm making a forum thread...or Topic... or post... or...- screw it, anyway...

As I joined SSMB today I had stumbled upon this beautiful feature called a "signature". I tried publishing my main banner that originates from my YouTube channel with the same username as my sig, then I got this...

SonicMundoSSMBError.png

It seems SSMB doesn't recognize or accepts the file type. First time I've seen something like this on SSMB since I joined but anyway, back to the drawing board. tongue.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scarlett

• bmn

• TwoTailedFox

• Mysterious X

Top Posters In This Topic

You may need to scale the image down some. There's a limit on dimensions. Also, what type of image are you using? Like, png, jpg, etc.?

What I saved in was a PNG format, when I posted it on SSMB I think it was SRZ or something like that...

EDIT: I will try to crop the image. I did see the original image too big, but isn't SSMB already have the codes to resize large images already?

Edited by SonicMundo

What TwoTailedFox meant is that the forum has restrictions for the signature.

Your picture shouldn't be more than 600 pixels in width, I haven't tried it myself so I'm not sure if this is what gives you the error. (Even if it 'didn't give you an error' it will have you given a warning from a moderator.) I mean that YouTube banner is like... 1200 pixels? No matter.

Check the 9th rule please.

For avatars, the code's there to resize images, yeah. That's only possible because the resized image is saved on the forum, which doesn't happen with signatures. So, it actually enforces size limits in that case.

It is possible to drag an image into the text box and have it show in there as if it would work, but when you click Post, it doesn't work :( This has to do with how the image data is actually part of the post, so the forum's attachment system doesn't know how to deal with it.