Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2013

Swiss

Finally! I might be able to make it since it's in August and I'm planning on going to Auto Assembly in Birmingham the week after, so this may work out for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh goodie. One month to prepare. Sigh. Let's check the cheapest tickets... €266.

See you next year, if they bother to announce it in useful time.

Finally...now for someone like me who knows can't attend at all, here's hoping there will be  video/audio streaming for SoS 2013 this year.

Ahh that's a shame that it was announced so late, it's nice having people from abroad come for SOS. Though I'm kinda glad it's in london again, I'm trying to cut down on my expenditure so thankfully I don't have to pay for accomodation down here! 

So now begins the hype! I hope the ticket situation is better off this time around, with a capacity of over 2000 though I don't suspect it'll go that quickly now. 

One thing though that I don't like about this being announced so late is that I kinda wanted to have a table but I told myself I wasn't going to decide until the date was announced XD but now I'm like I can't be bothered, I guess I can just draw if anyone asks!

Speaking of which I need to come up with a new Sonic Community Sketchbook : o

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally...now for someone like me who knows can't attend at all, here's hoping there will be  video/audio streaming for SoS 2013 this year.

It'll happen

I don't think I'll be able to make it :/ due to it being so close I can't see myself earning the money to get the train to London, I just started my job and don't get paid until the third week in August D:

I won't be able to attend. I needed a date back in February when I was sorting my holidays out with work. 

I just looked up the venue's website gallery...wow that place be looking fancy. Now it won't be EXACTLY in the Great Hall will it? 

I just looked up the venue's website gallery...wow that place be looking fancy. Now it won't be EXACTLY in the Great Hall will it? 

Yup. 2,200 capacity. The other rooms wouldn't be big enough. Next biggest room is 450 capacity :lol:

Yup. 2,200 capacity. The other rooms wouldn't be big enough. Next biggest room is 450 capacity laugh.png

Inb4 SoS 2013 holds even less people than last year and we're all pitted against each other in a nationwide battle royale with the survivors getting their grubby murderous hands on the tickets

Either that or they're given away wrapped around the sausages in chilli dogs, a la Willy Wonka's golden tickets.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well with that being said, I'll be apart of those people who hope for streaming of the event in some capacity.

Whoop, 3rd August is fine by me.  Hopefully we'll get confirmation of doors open time so I can book my train tickets asap.

If I'm lucky I might make it. Need to book quick, hope you guys put out tickets ASAP. Now to work on my...unorthadox cosplay.

Pffff...don't think we can make it, again. We were planning to go to Spain in late July, so this makes things very difficult. <=/ It sounds so cool too! Not only is it a perfect location but the capacity is amazing! Hopefully this means tickets will be plentiful.

I'll have to discuss it further with my partner. Hopefully we can go in the end, but I'm still unsure.

Well with that being said, I'll be apart of those people who hope for streaming of the event in some capacity.

Id assume streaming will be happening.

Got confirmation that I can go. All I've gotta do is make sure I get a ticket. Which Sonic plush to take I wonder?

Way too short of notice, what a shame too, Metal Sonic is literally my favourite character outside of Sonic, fuck.

*Sigh*

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for my post about the Great Hall. I assumed we had that, but it hasn't been revealed what room(s) we have yet. Sorry.

Sorry for my post about the Great Hall. I assumed we had that, but it hasn't been revealed what room(s) we have yet. Sorry.

Ah, so the battle royale is still a possibility then! :P

Now, to find my sharpest implement... shotguns and pitchforks at the ready, people!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 announcements~!

1) First of all on the day Summer of Sonic was announced SonicLondon also announced our 11th meet-up! It wasn't planned to be announced on the same day, it just turned out that that was the day when the plans finally came together XD. In any case I really hope to see you all there : https://www.facebook.com/events/585438461479599/
2) I've added both Summer of Sonic 2013 and SonicLondon #11 to the 3DSBlessed Directory of upcoming Gaming Events. If you live in the UK you should check it out, its fairly comprehensive and is updated frequently : http://3dsblessed.com/?page_id=93
3) Finally I won't be able to make this year's SoS. This'll be the first one I've missed... Hope you all have a great time in my place <3