Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2013

Swiss

Spud why do you need 2? You can have up to 4 people on ONE ticket c:

I meant I need a ticket with two people on it, sorry. Got muddled.

So just to clarify (I see some staffy people hovering), simply selecting the tickets we want guarantees us that space, and THEN we enter our details?

lol that doesn't mean we know the ins and outs of the system.

From my understanding that is correct, however I will ask and get clarification on this before Friday and

Edit: yes that is how it works.

If you say to the system "I'd like 1, 2, 3 or 4 tickets" if the system then takes you to the form to fill out, so long as you don't take the piss and spend hours filling out the form, those tickets are yours.

If however you say "I'd like a ticket" and the system says 'sorry we're sold out' you've missed out on that wave.

Or to put it another way.

Guy: Can I have a tickets for SOS.

System: Why yes!

*you have a ticket for SOS.*

Guy: Horray! Can I have it then?

System: Please fill out this form.

Guy: can I take my time to fill it out?

System: Why yes you can, just please don't keep me here for a long time otherwise I'll have to give the ticket to someone else.

The only reason you'd need to worry really is if you wanted more than 4 tickets.

• Thumbs Up 3

That sounds great Hogfather! I like the way it's done this year:-)

Haha I didn't assume every staffer knew, but I saw a certain bmn hovering and he tends to know these things usually.  But awesome, that sounds like a great way to do it, as filling out info last year was horrifyingly stressful.  Thanks for the quick research there Hogfather.

Despite being on the SOS staff. I just usually sit in the corner, write plays and questions.

They want my questions, but not the plays... But one day... One day there shall be a play at SOS... it shall be called 'The Chao Detective' a murder has been commited, and the only one who can help is detective Chao, T-bird will play the vicar... and Svend... the Doctor!

This is the first year I'll actually be able to come to so I'll be trying for a ticket....I'd be coming all the way from Glasgow alone right enough :P

Sorry to bother you guys! But could someone tell me how much it would cost me to get the train to London St James Park from Stourbridge Junction?

I'm not at the station to ask anytime soon and I can't find it anywhere on the Internet :/

The price will be the decider on my attending or nkt

Sorry to bother you guys! But could someone tell me how much it would cost me to get the train to London St James Park from Stourbridge Junction?

I'm not at the station to ask anytime soon and I can't find it anywhere on the Internet :/

The price will be the decider on my attending or nkt

From what I can see on the National Rail website, it would cost £15-20 to get from Stourbridge Junction to Euston overground if you booked now, then from the underground to St James' Park it would be about £2.10 according to the Transport for London site.

Edited by Pawn

lol that doesn't mean we know the ins and outs of the system.

From my understanding that is correct, however I will ask and get clarification on this before Friday and

Edit: yes that is how it works.

If you say to the system "I'd like 1, 2, 3 or 4 tickets" if the system then takes you to the form to fill out, so long as you don't take the piss and spend hours filling out the form, those tickets are yours.

If however you say "I'd like a ticket" and the system says 'sorry we're sold out' you've missed out on that wave.

Or to put it another way.

Guy: Can I have a tickets for SOS.

System: Why yes!

*you have a ticket for SOS.*

Guy: Horray! Can I have it then?

System: Please fill out this form.

Guy: can I take my time to fill it out?

System: Why yes you can, just please don't keep me here for a long time otherwise I'll have to give the ticket to someone else.

The only reason you'd need to worry really is if you wanted more than 4 tickets.

This sounds great. Just need one ticket. So yaaaaaaaaaay! :D I will give it a go!

I'm thinking of getting tickets for four people overall because they won't be at home when the tickets go up, I hope it's not gonna be a hassle to reserve that much, if I'm even allowed? 

I'm thinking of getting tickets for four people overall because they won't be at home when the tickets go up, I hope it's not gonna be a hassle to reserve that much, if I'm even allowed? 

You can reserve upto 4 tickets per form. If you need a 5th, you have to fill out the form and apply for another one.

Do we know roughly what time the event will be going on until? It's been anywhere between about 6pm and 8pm from what I remember in previous years.

I'm sure the people who need to book train tickets there and back in advance will appreciate it.

Do we know roughly what time the event will be going on until? It's been anywhere between about 6pm and 8pm from what I remember in previous years.

I'm sure the people who need to book train tickets there and back in advance will appreciate it.

I imagine a train for 9pm going back onwards will be fine.  It's best to book very soon since prices tend to shoot up from past experience during the month leading up to a journey.  Having said that I'm booking mine later today and was surprised to see they're the still the same price as they were last week.

Greetings SOS goers.

I am currently writing the F&Q for SOS... If you have any serious/legitamte questions. Please say here so I know what to include.

Greetings SOS goers.

I am currently writing the F&Q for SOS... If you have any serious/legitamte questions. Please say here so I know what to include.

Aside from more precise opening and closing times, I can't think of much off the top of my head. But any information is good information.

Greetings SOS goers.

I have a good couple that might be a big question for cosplayers.

Will there be changing rooms/facilities to get into our awesome outfits?

Also

Will there be any lockers or places we can put stuff during the day to save carrying it around?

Anymore questions? (these ones posted here will be going in or answered by me in this topic later... just want to get this finished before the night is over/I get distracted by shiny things.

Doesn't matter how obvious the question might be. Even if it's really obvious stuff that happenes/doesn't happen every year. It's just so it doesn't become one of those things that we all assume happens/doesn't happen and then it's never addressed.

If Jun's being announced separately... I'm assuming there'll be no Crush 40 this year?

If Jun's being announced separately... I'm assuming there'll be no Crush 40 this year?

You know, even if Johnny doesn't come to SOS this year, I will not care as having Jun there is enough as like at SOS11, he will rock the house and bring it down like nobodies business :D