Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2013

Swiss

All I can say is...Holy Chaos Emeralds O.o This is probably the fastest selling SOS ever! Maybe we can beat that next year ;)

I'm a bit of a SOS n00b and I got in the 2nd wave. The FAQs say doors open at 10 with events starting at 11am. Do doors remain open all day as I woudn't be able to arrive until 12:30ish. 

Yes.

Tickets went in 6 seconds at 7pm, and 7 seconds at 6pm... coincidence? I think not.

Also, we should have seen it coming. 6 + 7 = 13 = SOS 2013 = OMG!

laugh.png

Actually, hold on... wait a minute...

SONIC ADVENTURE 3 CONFIRMED!

• Thumbs Up 2

Tickets went in 6 seconds at 7pm, and 7 seconds at 6pm... coincidence? I think not.

laugh.png

OH SHI-

5tcyUfX.gif

Lol, this year's tickets went so fast, I'm so glad I managed to snatch one in the 2nd wave.

Now, predictions for SoS 14 ticket sell out times?

Edited by TheCakeMiester

I got a ticket! I was so happy and shocked, hope everyone else got tickets too. Roll on August 3rd!!

I was lucky enough to secure three more tickets in case I find any friends of mine are wanting to go.  I would have gone for 4 but I thought 3 was the limit.  Oh well!  Glad more folks here managed to get in.

A friend of mine missed out, but luckily I managed to get her a ticket. Now she just has to wait for the email.

laugh.png

3?? Surely this means HL3 is also confirmed. -Cough-

My sig is now docked out for this. Bring on august.

I agree! This will be my first SOS. really pumped.

Good lord man... I am so glad I'm in the US... sellout times like that are insane! I'd have better luck going to Comic Con than SoS!

Congrats to all who made the cut. Better luck next time for everyone else!

I was lucky enough to secure three more tickets in case I find any friends of mine are wanting to go.  I would have gone for 4 but I thought 3 was the limit.  Oh well!  Glad more folks here managed to get in.

3 more places, or 3 actual tickets? If you got 3 more actual tickets then that was a huge waste, since you can attach 4 people to ONE ticket.

This is what I mean about ticket wastage.

3 more places, or 3 actual tickets? If you got 3 more actual tickets then that was a huge waste, since you can attach 4 people to ONE ticket.

This is what I mean about ticket wastage.

He got 3 more places... nobody got 3 more tickets, there wasn't enough time.

And stop this ticket wastage thing. It doesn't happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Whew! Managed to grab a ticket for four people (myself, my boyfriend, his sister and her boyfriend), so looks like I'll be in attendance!

Glad some more people managed to get in now, but still feel sorry for anyone who missed out a second time. 

Going over the Terms and Conditions, I do have one question, actually;

The following are not permitted within the Venue:

1. animals (with the exception of guide dogs);

2. laser pens;

3. your own food and drink;

Can I just ask how strictly this is likely to be enforced? As far as I remember, this is something that's technically been in the T&C's for every SoS so far (as I specifically remember raising the same concerns for the first few) but has really just been there as a technicality and has never been enforced at all. 

It's just I get a dry throat/ thirsty quite often and therefore drink quite a lot on a normal day. If I've got no choice but to buy every sip of drink for that day from the venue, it's going to get pretty costly, especially given the expected heat due to it being a busy convention.

Of course I don't want to get in or cause any trouble, hence my asking (especially since it's been a there-but-ignored rule in the past); are there any particular restrictions on it this year due to the venue that mean it's more likely to be cracked down on, or will people continue to turn a blind eye and not care as they have been doing so every other year (or even notice, given how crowded the venues always are)?

For the record, I wouldn't be bringing in any readily purchasable canned/ bottled drinks etc; I always just carry around a plastic sports bottle filled with fruit squash and refill it as and when needed.
Edited by -Mark-

Man, the more I hear about what the UK gets, the more I hate the fact I was born this side of the pond. I wish some giant tectonic shift or something would bring the UK next to the US so I could go there often!I have a friend who lives in London though. He's always bummed about SoS because if he goes he goes alone. I think he'll be happy to hear about this. smile.png
Please do tell him about our meets! They're a great place to make new friends and hang out in a casual setting. Here's that magic link again : http://soniclondon.com

Well then...

Now that all the smoke has cleared, all the tickets have been swiped and some of us have calmed down...

Let the SOS HYPE commence! [Or has it already?mellow.png ] Really looking forward to this year! What do we think will be announced next?

Maybe 

Well then...

Now that all the smoke has cleared, all the tickets have been swiped and some of us have calmed down...

Let the SOS HYPE commence! [Or has it already?mellow.png ] Really looking forward to this year! What do we think will be announced next?

I'm thinking some main guys from Sega/Sonic Team again? Not really sure.

If I recall right, SOS and Sonic Boom each get their own unique announcements. I guess to make it "fair" to both events.

I've been pondering, actually - if this Sonic Boom cartoon is legitimate, perhaps a teaser of it would be shown at one of the events? It'd be sort of like the Sonic scene in Wreck-It Ralph or Wreck-it Ralph in Transformed.

If I recall the evidence is behind it being American-made, plus there's the name, so it might be over here first... but who knows!

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Can someone who's been to SOS confirm if it's any better than Boom?

The last Boom had two people who had attended Summer of Sonic as well. There are some fans even more devoted than me, it seems. Now if only those people were members here, we'd be able to find out...

I've heard some people from the UK say Boom sounds better than SoS, oddly. Or vice versa.

Why the need for competition though? If anything we should be ecstatic that the fanbase is so massive and widespread to merit two events. Maybe some day we'll have even more. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

The last Boom had two people who had attended Summer of Sonic as well. There are some fans even more devoted than me, it seems. Now if only those people were members here, we'd be able to find out...

I've heard some people from the UK say Boom sounds better than SoS, oddly. Or vice versa.

Why the need for competition though? If anything we should be ecstatic that the fanbase is so massive and widespread to merit two events. Maybe some day we'll have even more. smile.png

Sounds like a case of the grass always being greener on the other side. :P

Good lord man... I am so glad I'm in the US... sellout times like that are insane! I'd have better luck going to Comic Con than SoS!Congrats to all who made the cut. Better luck next time for everyone else!
I wouldn't go that far.. Getting Comic-Con tickets is an ordeal and a half (although I've managed to get tickets 3 years in a row) compared to SOS where I hopped online at the announced time and secured a ticket within 6 seconds (still pending if anyone wants it)

I don't know anything about Boom because it's in the US, and I can't get there so I don't worry myself about it.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other, they're both pretttty much the same thing. Loads of sonic fans, awesome music, random shizzle that happens.

Actually what goes down at Sonic Boom? I don't really know much about it's content D:

Well then...

I'm not sure about what will be announced next, but I would love to see Sonic Lost World playable demo announced.

Edited by Katzii
  • Thumbs Up 1