Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2013

Swiss

I know you didn't.

Just want to put it out there so theres no doubt since I suspect some might wonder if it's official or not. Thats a new 100% official copy of Sonic the Comic.

So if you had a complete collection before August 3rd, and you don't have that issue... you no longer have a complete collection.

So if you had a complete collection before August 3rd, and you don't have that issue... you no longer have a complete collection.

Your avatar fits perfectly with that sentence for some reason.

Well I guess that's one more thing to add to the ole Christmas list for this year...

I mean, I still need to work on all but 15 or so of the series but hey, newer issues are more convenient.

Now to ponder if this will remain something for only the 20th anniversary or if it will become recurring... if nothing else it would help be a grand boon to STCO's readership.

Just watched the recording of the Q&A with Hoshino (becuase I missed a bit of it when I was there), and noticed at the end, there was a question that remained, unasked and unanswered...

...what was that question?

Just watched the recording of the Q&A with Hoshino (becuase I missed a bit of it when I was there), and noticed at the end, there was a question that remained, unasked and unanswered...

...what was that question?

Just watched (I had kind of zoned out during the live showing of the interview).

That is pretty puzzling. Did he run out of time or something? It seems odd they'd so suddenly cut the Q&A...

If it was anything sensitive it would just be acknowledged as "decline to answer" or the like, I'd presume.

So that really is awkward... it'd be neat if we knew what was on the board, certainly. It was alike an automatic "We can't talk about that" sort of moment before it even began.

Yeah I REALLY want to know what the question was!

Given the SSMB staff are behind so much of the event, presumably we could just ask them.

...unless it was something secretive, but the way it abruptly ended struck me as "I'm out of time, no more questions, sorry!" than anything else.

I also appreciated the red herring by putting the "Coming August 2013" in the Metropolis Mayhem; a reasoned guess would be it was later in August, rather than then! Well played trick overall.

That was actually half red herring, half joke believe it or not! No one got the joke considering how obscure it turned out to be in my opinion, not to mention it seemed few even noticed just what the billboard said, but what I was told was "August 2013" date gets turned into "August 20130" because of Sonic running into the billboard. Hence why he creates such a perfect circle in the billboard.

Long story short, it was a red herring but also a joke that no one caught on. Which doesn't surprise me. lol

In any case both animations (from what I was told Metropolis Mayhem will go up first) are intended to be uploaded to YouTube within this month. I should note, the Summer of Sonic video of Volume 8 you guys saw was NOT the full volume. There's some shorts we didn't include because they were either shown at previous Summer of Sonic conventions or were not appropriate for the family friendly enviornment that the convention provides. We also had to censor one part, the fight between the animators and Sonic characters, for the latter reason. It will be in the YouTube version so the Chao and the flowers was a Summer of Sonic exclusive. All total there will be about 30 shorts in Volume 8 when it goes live on YouTube.

As for Metropolis Mayhem there's going to be some editing and polishing first! =)

That was actually half red herring, half joke believe it or not! No one got the joke considering how obscure it turned out to be in my opinion, not to mention it seemed few even noticed just what the billboard said, but what I was told was "August 2013" date gets turned into "August 20130" because of Sonic running into the billboard. Hence why he creates such a perfect circle in the billboard.

Long story short, it was a red herring but also a joke that no one caught on. Which doesn't surprise me. lol

Ah yes, that makes sense in retrospect... always is a downer when a clever gag goes unrecognised!

There's some shorts we didn't include because they were either shown at previous Summer of Sonic conventions or were not appropriate for the family friendly enviornment that the convention provides. We also had to censor one part, the fight between the animators and Sonic characters, for the latter reason. It will be in the YouTube version so the Chao and the flowers was a Summer of Sonic exclusive. All total there will be about 30 shorts in Volume 8 when it goes live on YouTube.

The "big... HEART!" part just barely got under the radar, I'm presuming?

I'm eager to see what the full, uncensored version will look like, certainly!

As for Metropolis Mayhem there's going to be some editing and polishing first! =)

I look forward to watching both again at Sonic Boom West in September!

The final question was on design challenges for Mario and Sonic, however Hoshino didn't want to answer questions on the subject - he said he hadn't actually worked heavily on the project, as such he had no answer to give. As it was the last question, we just had to skip right to the ending.

The final question was on design challenges for Mario and Sonic, however Hoshino didn't want to answer questions on the subject - he said he hadn't actually worked heavily on the project, as such he had no answer to give. As it was the last question, we just had to skip right to the ending.

I was actually thinking of bugging you on your profile for what the last question was, actually... tongue.png

Thank you for sharing though! That's one great mystery solved... one perk to this being a fan event is one can go right to the source for information such as this!

Thanks for clearing that up. Much Appreciated.

Cheers man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1Htk-IYKV2k&t=2656

From 44:00-46:00

The troll is strong with these ones.

• Thumbs Up 1

The "big... HEART!" part just barely got under the radar, I'm presuming?

It did. We had to make sure Cream or Amy wasn't pointing at his crotch and it just barely got through after plenty of thought. I think that was the biggest concern of the team was whether they would have to edit the lyrics because of that joke.

I'm eager to see what the full, uncensored version will look like, certainly!

Metropolis Mayhem will be just about the same. There's just some fine tuning needed and a tad of cleaning up. I'm hearing it MIGHT be on YouTube this weekend but we'll see!

Volume 8, as I explained, will seem like it doubled in content. XD

I look forward to watching both again at Sonic Boom West in September!

Are they re-airing that for you guys there or something? Last I heard we were moving on with both animations after they go up on YouTube.

• 1 month later...

And as usual, here is the tour video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA28VrLnyXo

See if you can spot yourself, it was filmed around 10 min after Buzzbombers.

Did I spy someone dressed like Wes Weasley? That's awesome! Mucho respect from me, haha.

Did I spy someone dressed like Wes Weasley? That's awesome! Mucho respect from me, haha.

From what I gather it seems like that cosplay is a fairly common one that shows up every year...

The obscure characters are always the most fun to see, I think!

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the Jam With Jun from the very front of the stage. Unfortunately the last bit was lost owing to the camera mysteriously being turned off. :/

• Thumbs Up 1

Most of the Jam With Jun from the very front of the stage. Unfortunately the last bit was lost owing to the camera mysteriously being turned off. :/

Ooo, wonderful share, AAUK! Very appreciated!

It's really neat to get so up close and personal, to say the least. What I really like is the audio seems better than the livestream's; it's possible to hear the singers a lot better, definitely. The stream wasn't kidding when we were told what we were hearing wasn't anywhere close to what those actually present were.

• 7 months later...