Swiss

Summer of Sonic 2013

http://twitter.com/summerofsonic/status/347324449642655744

Looks like we have an announcement incoming, folks!

And the final stretch of waiting begins...

EDIT: The website now has '2013' at the beginning of the URL. That wasn't there yesterday... *excitement raises*

Edited by Super Spindash

http://twitter.com/summerofsonic/status/347324449642655744

Looks like we have an announcement incoming, folks!

I don't know about anyone else, but -I- plan on celebrating by going out to eat somewhere nice for breakfast.

...while maintaining the idle hope SEGA America isn't too far behind... :(

And the final stretch of waiting begins...

EDIT: The website now has '2013' at the beginning of the URL. That wasn't there yesterday... *excitement raises*

Indeed. If you change the number to another year it lets you see recaps of that year. :)

Our lord and master, Mr. Dreadknux himself, all but confirms an announcement is coming today in this tweet:

Gonna be an exciting day today. At last.

http://twitter.com/Svend_SPOnG/status/347317310735921152

If that 30 hour thing from yesterday's tweet was correct, we can expect some news somewhere around 4pm UK time today - or in other words, about 90 minutes to go!

Well I've invited my friend over, and we're planning on huddling around our computers because we've both been wanting news like this for quite some time. Mostly because we're praying it will cascade into news for an American event since that's what happened last year...

But, I'm glad the UK fans at last have had their wishes granted. About time SEGA gave the go-ahead, right?

To be honest I was kind of worrying that Dreadknux's Twitter post was completely unrelated to Summer of Sonic and that we were all connecting the dots improperly...

Such a shame, I've been eagerly following all day...

...it's noon on the West coast now though. Maybe SEGA America and SEGA Europe are going to jointly announce after all?

...it's noon on the West coast now though. Maybe SEGA America and SEGA Europe are going to jointly announce after all?

Why would they give us a shitty time announcement? I don't think anything is going to happen today, it wouldn't be fair on some of us.

Why would they give us a shitty time announcement? I don't think anything is going to happen today, it wouldn't be fair on some of us.

True enough. Looking at the dates, last year's joint announcement was at 9 AM in the Western US and 5 PM in the UK.

Seems we might see a little bit of a delay with news after all. :(

But it can't be much longer now at least!

And then we all shoot through the roof with peek excitement.

3rd August... Hmm, not bad. I just kinda hope the Metal Sonic theme isn't too overplayed.

Edited by Super Spindash

Finally!

A bigger venue will certainly help things out, so let's hope it does live up to a larger capacity.

Now we've just got to hope that we don't have another ticket fiasco like last year...!

Really glad about the new venue. Certainly looks like it could fit a lot of people. 

Also it's in one of the more accessible and well known parts of London, in the close vicinity of two of it's most famous landmarks.

I just hope the ticketing isn't an issue this year...sad.png

Hopefully tickets are announced sooner rather than later, need to book the train tickets whilst they're still (relatively) cheap.

But wow, 2200 capacity? Hopefully that'll save us from 52 second sell-outs!

Very excited now.

Westminster Central Hall? Blimey, what's the capacity gonna be? That place is pretty big.

That's really good. The fact that my family goes to the london eye/sealife center every now and then in the summer gives me a chance to find it easily when walking by big ben. Good on ya folks smile.png

Edited by kimplix