Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2013

Swiss

Our lord and master, Mr. Dreadknux himself, all but confirms an announcement is coming today in this tweet:

Gonna be an exciting day today. At last.

http://twitter.com/Svend_SPOnG/status/347317310735921152

If that 30 hour thing from yesterday's tweet was correct, we can expect some news somewhere around 4pm UK time today - or in other words, about 90 minutes to go!

Well I've invited my friend over, and we're planning on huddling around our computers because we've both been wanting news like this for quite some time. Mostly because we're praying it will cascade into news for an American event since that's what happened last year...

But, I'm glad the UK fans at last have had their wishes granted. About time SEGA gave the go-ahead, right?

It's 6:19pm here in the UK and the website ain't changed... :c

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 1

To be honest I was kind of worrying that Dreadknux's Twitter post was completely unrelated to Summer of Sonic and that we were all connecting the dots improperly...

Such a shame, I've been eagerly following all day...

...it's noon on the West coast now though. Maybe SEGA America and SEGA Europe are going to jointly announce after all?

...it's noon on the West coast now though. Maybe SEGA America and SEGA Europe are going to jointly announce after all?

Why would they give us a shitty time announcement? I don't think anything is going to happen today, it wouldn't be fair on some of us.

Why would they give us a shitty time announcement? I don't think anything is going to happen today, it wouldn't be fair on some of us.

True enough. Looking at the dates, last year's joint announcement was at 9 AM in the Western US and 5 PM in the UK.

Seems we might see a little bit of a delay with news after all. :(

But it can't be much longer now at least!

• Thumbs Up 1

And then we all shoot through the roof with peek excitement.

3rd August... Hmm, not bad. I just kinda hope the Metal Sonic theme isn't too overplayed.

Edited by Super Spindash

3rd August... Hmm, not bad. I just kinda hope the Metal Sonic theme isn't too overplayed.

Not at all.

Now calmly step into the roboticizer and count backwards from 100.

• Thumbs Up 1

Westminster Central Hall? Blimey, what's the capacity gonna be? That place is pretty big.

Let's hope next year they don't cut it so close. There is no way I could get everything sorted over the next month or so to go which sucks.

Finally!

A bigger venue will certainly help things out, so let's hope it does live up to a larger capacity.

Now we've just got to hope that we don't have another ticket fiasco like last year...!

That feel when I was ALL excited... then I realized I can't go. I'm on holiday... FUCK.

*bangs head on desk*

I'm glad it was finally announced. I hope you all have a grand time. :)

I guess I was right with my predicition SoS was delayed so it could jointly announce with Boom. Go figure!

Really glad about the new venue. Certainly looks like it could fit a lot of people. 

Also it's in one of the more accessible and well known parts of London, in the close vicinity of two of it's most famous landmarks.

I just hope the ticketing isn't an issue this year...sad.png

Hopefully tickets are announced sooner rather than later, need to book the train tickets whilst they're still (relatively) cheap.

But wow, 2200 capacity? Hopefully that'll save us from 52 second sell-outs!

Very excited now.

Westminster Central Hall? Blimey, what's the capacity gonna be? That place is pretty big.

That's really good. The fact that my family goes to the london eye/sealife center every now and then in the summer gives me a chance to find it easily when walking by big ben. Good on ya folks smile.png

Edited by kimplix

Definitely going to need a directional guide, no idea what distance that is from the train station the Stoke train stops at.

I'm definitely going to try and go to this one. It'll be fantastic to get the chance to meet some of you - especially since NONE of my mates like Sonic!!! :)

Definitely going to need a directional guide, no idea what distance that is from the train station the Stoke train stops at.

Assuming you mean Stoke-on-Trent, you'd be arriving at Euston Station. You'd then be best off getting on the tube to either Westminster or St. James' Park, and it looks like a 5-minute walk from there (judging by Google Maps).

That's what I'm looking at anyway, coming from Coventry and all.

Edited by Covskin