Awoo.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Detective Shadzter

GAME have confirmed you can get the Treasure Chest if you buy the game from them...

But only as part of this £49.99 Collector's Edition, also including a poster and a Link's Awakening code

As someone who already has Link's Awakening and has zero use for posters, I find this quite annoying. I don't want to be paying an extra £10 or more just for the Treasure Chest, even if it is really cool...

Still, this is a cool little edition for people who don't have Link's Awakening and are Zelda fanatics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Being alone in a room with nothing but blocks in a Zelda game pretty much always means "push fucking EVERYTHING".

The reason I have a bone to pick with this is that the blocks formed a giant upside down U formation around a Beamos.  Clearly intended to act as a barrier between you and the Beamos you can get a look at it before it attacks you.  Since this formation was made up of like, 15-20 blocks there was literally nothing to suggest they were being used as anything other than scenery, as many many rooms do.  Atrociously untelling level design by modern standards.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Major info released today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JclC7OO-fA

TmPKOgl.png

1crd6y3.png

Edited by VisionaryBlur
  • Thumbs Up 2

That GAME retailer people are bringing up .. wow .. just wow.. they're basically making you pay for the "bonus" while throwing in a code to a game most Zelda fans have already played/owned.

I don't like 2D Zelda generally and A Link To The Past bored the hell out of me so I'm not exactly enthusastic.

*Rummages through closet looking for pitch fork*

Can't be any worse than links awakening dx, the game itself isn't bad per say but my god is it boring to play and if anyone can help me out on what to do when I get bow wow back from the moblins that would be fantastic.

are you kidding m.... *tosses pitch fork aside and reaches for the sniple rifle briefcase*

From a press release accompanying the new material:

For those who can’t put down this latest title in The Legend of Zelda series, once a player has completed the main game, a Hero Mode will be unlocked, in which Link takes greater damage from enemies when hit. Intrepid explorers may even find a small hidden extra waiting to be found somewhere in Lorule during a second play through…

...Wearable Majora's Mask?

Turtle Rock seems to have it's own theme, so maybe only the Hyrule dungeons use the original music. When the game was originally announced I had said I was disappointed that we were going back to dungeons sharing music, so this makes me really happy.

Gamestop are offering the Zelda themed 3DS and a code for Oracle of Seasons as the pre-order bonus for the game .. I'd prefer Links Awakening, but better than nothing

Man.. even Australia and Spain are getting the treasure chests! And you know it's bad when companies start to acknowledge Canada who are also getting it!! Rawr

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

I'm seriously tired of this "unlock a harder quest after beating the game" bullshit. I'm not going to play it again after having just beaten it, so this just makes me wish I could actually play the hard mode at a point in time where I'll actually care about it

I guess the idea is for the first quest to be the training wheels version, and you're expected to have mastered the game by the time you finish it.  And the logic of the hard mode is that it can assume you're a master of the game's mechanics and so it can throw real challenges at you right from the start.

My interest in them depends on how much they've changed, and how long the game is.  If they've changed very little, or if the game is incredibly long, it isn't really worth my patience to go through it again.  Will I for this game?  Depends how long I think it'll take, or how much content they're willing to remix.  I don't really like the implication that it's really just a matter of taking more damage.  A small hidden bonus isn't a great incentive to slog through the whole thing again only cheaper.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish they kept Wind Waker's "turn on hard mode any time you feel comfortable and revert back whenever>"

I'm seriously tired of this "unlock a harder quest after beating the game" bullshit. I'm not going to play it again after having just beaten it, so this just makes me wish I could actually play the hard mode at a point in time where I'll actually care about it

When is that? I would think the most likely time someone would want to play hard mode is some time after finishing the game for the first time in normal mode...

When is that? I would think the most likely time someone would want to play hard mode is some time after finishing the game for the first time in normal mode...

Some people like to start on hard for their RPG's and honestly it probably wouldn't hurt anybody if it was just unlocked at the beginning instead of beating the game first.

I get the idea that Zelda vets are a bit muted to a lot of the difficulty in the games now, and would simply relish the chance to play through the games with a bit more challenge, even on a first attempt.

Some people like to start on hard for their RPG's and honestly it probably wouldn't hurt anybody if it was just unlocked at the beginning instead of beating the game first.

Zelda games aren't RPG's (except perhaps Adventure of Link). They're Action/Adventure Puzzle games.The only RPG-like element of Zelda games is the ability to increase your heart limit and that's about it. Although a lot of RPG's do have puzzles in them as well, that doesn't make the Zelda series RPG's, and its ridiculous just how many people believe they are RPG's.

On the other hand, if the Zelda series were to try and get into ANY genre other than Action/Adventure, the absolute best would be RPG. And there are very few genres that would fit the Zelda series very well in general.

Regardless, yeah, probably would be best to have the Hero Mode available from the start.

I think Aounuma has said before it's not quite the same and that he didn't want to call it Hero Mode, so it might not just be more damage+no hearts.

I personally cant wait for this game. Being someone who likes zelda a bit I wouldnt be surprised if it was fun.If it was a level copy of the original one though then I would have to pass it by.

So guessing that Lorule's themes will be Hyrule's background music played backwards?

Does anyone else notice that this Link apparently has a new voice actress?

Didn't they do something like this with one of the Skyward Sword trailers?

Skyward Sword's Main Theme is Zelda's Lullaby backwards.

Edited by Nix

I can't but feel these theme reversals are a bit...lazy.

Some may think it's smart, but what's stopping you from creating a whole new theme that's not just a reversal? Isn't that where your musical passion lies?

• Thumbs Up 1

They reversed the theme, then built a new theme on the basic structure of that reversed theme. They didn't just flip it about in Audacity and go, "All done!"

• Thumbs Up 7

Skyward Sword's Theme was played FAIRLY straight musically, but judging from how mangled this theme sounds when played backwards, it is clear that they rewrote it using the reversed theme as a basis.

Plus I mean, it DOES sound like a totally new theme.  Would anyone have noticed without a video to point it out?  I think the end result overrules the path taken to get there.