Awoo.

Mario Party (3DS)

Debug Ring

Fortune Street online was awesome.

If you had 3 friends who were willing to play a slow-paced board game for 4 hours with you.

I'm probably going to pick this up anyway after I get a 3DS. I loved MPDS, so so long as that stupid Mario Party 9 shit for sure isn't coming back this one will hopefully be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why would you want to play Mario Party online? You can't slug the asshole next to you.

You can alternatively just scream curses at the asshole over skype, it works almost as well. 

im actually okay with no multiplayer online, cause being honest here, every game I do in mario party I set on 50 turns whether it be with the computer or with friends and at best online I could only expect the max to be at 20 or lower which isn't to great, plus I don't think it would really work all too well unless you had a group of friends to play with cause chances are you would run into a lot of people online who halt up the game on their turn or just turn it off mid game because their losing.

Why would you want to play Mario Party online? You can't slug the asshole next to you.

Why play Mario Party online? So I don't get slugged by the arsehole next to me.

I can only imagine the pain playing a session of MP online and after like 1 1/2 hours someone (accidentally) disconnects with all the progress lost.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll probably get this since there's full single card play. It's easy to rope in my brother and a few friends with 3DSes.

Why play Mario Party online? So I don't get slugged by the arsehole next to me.

Then you're playing wrong.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll probably pick this up sometime despite the lack of online play.

I love me some Mario's Social Gathering.

Well, it's good that the game does support full single-cart play, so finding others to play with won't be as much as pain. Still would like an online mode of some sort to play with others without having to search for others, but this will do. I did have fun with Mario Party DS and I do consider it as one of the better Mario Party games, so hopefully this will be the same whenever I choose to get it.

Anyway, here's a few gameplay videos.

Shows off two mini-games and one of the gameboards. Looks like it will follow the Point A-to-Point B board game formula Mario Party 9 had, just without everyone being in a group.

This mini-game makes good use of the mic. Hope everyone been practicing their Mario character impersonations... Or at least are able to match the pitch...

Edited by The Pink YoshiUnity

Well, it's good that the game does support full single-cart play, so playing with others won't be as much as pain. Still would like an online mode of some sort to play with others without having to search for others, but this will do. I did have fun with Mario Party DS and I do consider it as one of the better Mario Party games, so hopefully this will be the same whenever I choose to get it.

Anyway, here's a few gameplay videos.

Shows off two mini-games and one of the gameboards. Looks like it will follow the Point A-to-Point B board game formula Mario Party 9 had, just without everyone being in a group.

This mini-game makes good use of the mic. Hope everyone been practicing their Mario character impersonations... Or at least are able to match the pitch.

Oh man. That last minigame. Somebody needs to get Charles Martinet to play that to see if he fails.

Edited by Scheming Minor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like it will follow the Point A-to-Point B board game formula Mario Party 9 had, just without everyone being in a group.

That's disappointing. All I want is a normal Mario Party where I go around collecting Stars and playing fun mini-games =(

• Thumbs Up 2

Mario Party 9 felt far less frustrating than Mario Party 8 with the Point A to Point B. It also made the game feel less repetitive and more engaging.

I guess rage quitting is a part of the fun, but I hated getting to the final steps of the star and landing on a ! being sent back to space 1. ;_;

I honestly got tired of the traditional way ever since MP 4, which is my least favorite MP game. I was hoping for something similar to Mario Party 6 and 7, where each Board Map had a unique way of obtaining the Stars.

As for MP 9, I didn't mind the new style(hoping it doesn't become the standard though), but it felt way too luck based. I'm hoping that's not the case here.

Edited by canderson

I honestly got tired of the traditional way ever since MP 4, which is my least favorite MP game. I was hoping for something similar to Mario Party 6 and 7, where each Board Map had a unique way of obtaining the Stars.

As for MP 9, I didn't mind the new style(hoping it doesn't become the standard though), but it felt way too luck based. I'm hoping that's not the case here.

Eh, I kind of liked it in 3 (along with 6 and 7) the boards were nice and wide, and the variety was there, but yeah as much as I don't mind the point a to point b thing I hope they eventually go back to the old way since doing that effectively makes it impossible to have a long game which for me atleast felt like an adventure at points too when going around the various boards.

Oh. Well, fuck it then. I'll just keep playing DS.

Actually, wait. Like that water level in Mario Party 8? Because that one was alright.

Edited by Tornado

The boards should be a mix like in Mario Party 8, with some set in a linear path and others being the traditional game board gimmick. That way it keeps variety and adheres to strategy against other players.