Awoo.

SEGASonic:Radio DJ Auditions - The Results!

Jeffhog

Onwards!

1. First up is a genre-specific series set to concentrate on jazz, funk, and fusion pieces from various video games and anime franchises! The first audition sent in and the first to have left a powerful (or smooth, perhaps?) impression on the team, this young woman set the bar way up high from the get-go! Some of you on Tumblr might know her better as the one behind the Sonic Music Musings page, with her musical insights always providing a good read! Everyone give a warm welcome to Mixmaster Maria, the madame running Club Rouge!

I KNEW IT!!! I PREDICTED THAT SHE WOULD GET THE JOB! This is getting do darn creepy...

• Thumbs Up 1

Congratulations everyone who has won! I am seriously looking forward to the re-launch. Too much to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 1

I look forward to bringing this radio station down from the inside out.

Edited by FTA
  • Thumbs Up 8

So wait.....were these all off-SSMB auditions? Because I don't recognize any of these usernames (other then FTA of course).

So wait.....were these all off-SSMB auditions? Because I don't recognize any of these usernames (other then FTA of course).

Well, since the notice was on the front page too a few weeks back, no doubt we would've drawn in auditions from folks outside. ohmy.png We all picked those that left a mark on us, rather than whether they were SSMB members or not - no favouritism or affirmative action to either side.

Well, since the notice was on the front page too a few weeks back, no doubt we would've drawn in auditions from folks outside. ohmy.png We all picked those that left a mark on us, rather than whether they were SSMB members or not - no favouritism or affirmative action to either side.

Ah, okay. Still kinda sad that no SSMB members got in, but them are the breaks I guess. Can't wait for the relaunch and new shows!

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ah, okay. Still kinda sad that no SSMB members got in, but them are the breaks I guess. Can't wait for the relaunch and new shows!

They might not have made the cut, but we're not leaving 'em out! An outsider/friend/affiliate will chat with these guys to help improve their own pitches - we spotted a few diamonds in the rough, so we'll help polish these guys so they'd have higher chances when another opportunity arises.

They might not have made the cut, but we're not leaving 'em out! An outsider/friend/affiliate will chat with these guys to help improve their own pitches - we spotted a few diamonds in the rough, so we'll help give polish.

Oh, sweet! Can't wait!

• Thumbs Up 1

An outsider/friend/affiliate will chat with these guys to help improve their own pitches - we spotted a few diamonds in the rough, so we'll help polish these guys so they'd have higher chances when another opportunity arises.

Will those possible opportunities be as open as this one was? The reason I ask is that I'd want to know if it was worth spending time now working on a show format for then. It takes me ages to plan things and I couldn't do it in the 2 weeks given you see. (Especially since it involved other people)

Edited by Gerk Marenghis Darkplace

Will those possible opportunities be as open as this one was? The reason I ask is that I'd want to know if it was worth spending time now working on a show format for then. It takes me ages to plan things and I couldn't do it in the 2 weeks given you see. (Especially since it involved other people)

I'll say this much (and this guy might kill me for it BUT HEY).

Sonic Radio only has a small number of in-house shows going on, and it'd be one of their DJs checking in on those who didn't make it here to see where their strengths and faults were. I can arrange to have you chat with Shadow Remix as well, if you like, but I can't promise anything beyond SS:R's borders.

Edo? EDOBEAN!? 8D

I'm.... okay with that. Can't say I've heard  the other guys nor seen them... and for some reason I had a feeling there'd be a 4rth add-in.

Oh dear, reading this gave me a real rush of nostalgia. I remember doing this in like 2008 haha. Congrats to the new DJs and good luck! It's a lot of fun, if a bit obnoxious to get going (hopefully the process has gotten more streamlined...). I might tune in for old time's sake. 

Edited by Strong Bad
  • Thumbs Up 2

As many of you might recall, SEGASonic:Radio has not received a whole lot of tender love and care these days. Following the preview for the Sonic Stadium Music Album 2011 last year, SS:R purportedly shut down for much needed renovations. During this downtime, two shows loyally kept on airing - Biafra Republic's A/V Hijack, and Turbo's Turbo Drive Live.

And yet I still don't remember A/V Hijack being on during the downtime... :/

1. First up is a genre-specific series set to concentrate on jazz, funk, and fusion pieces from various video games and anime franchises! The first audition sent in and the first to have left a powerful (or smooth, perhaps?) impression on the team, this young woman set the bar way up high from the get-go! Some of you on Tumblr might know her better as the one behind the Sonic Music Musings page, with her musical insights always providing a good read! Everyone give a warm welcome to Mixmaster Maria, the madame running Club Rouge!

Already with variety of these new shows; now this I really like. a jazz, funk and fusion centric show is something that can really spice up the livecasts (Yes, I'm using a Dreadknux term) for the long run.

2. Providing the purest definition of audience interaction, this segment will provide SSMBers the perfect opportunity to rack up enough points to earn shiny member badges of shininess, as well as possible prizes during specials (for example, Project 24 - SPEAKING OF... nah, way too early to talk about it)! Equipped with a massive library of video game music, this unbridled little ball of sunshine will provide a no-holds-barred guessing game where literally anyone armed with any gaming console has a chance to play... but she's not gonna make it easy!  Charging head on with the Kickass Kawaii Show with Edo, say hello to your entertainer for the evening: Edobean! Let the games begin!

Having known that Edobean is experienced in this kind of thing (seeing as she is part of Radio PSI as well and hosts a show there too) I have a feeling of how this particular show may be. Still, another SSMB'er joining the SS:R ranks is always a good thing.

3. And finally, presenting a SEGA-centric talk show about music, this unbreakable pair is not afraid to kick reason to the curb! Going right ahead with a talk show covering a wide variety of trivia while providing commentary on select SEGA tunes, these two play off of one another with such well-balanced chemistry, with such varied tastes to explore, and with such diverse trivia to be shared! Bringing down the Groove Rush to this audial terrain of music and entertainment, welcome aboard, Blizooka and Kirbopher!

Nothing wrong with some good ol' fashioned talk show.....and it's going to be SEGA-themed, so that's a nice thing there. Basically these shows will be more on the SEGA front than strictly just Sonic-centric right?

As an added bonus, SEGASonic:Radio will also adopt the currently ongoing podcast, the Super Power Flower Hour, a weekly series of 60 pain-inducing minutes, owned and operated by the guys of FindtheComputerRoom: FTA and Smoovies! I think they're already plotting to get themselves fired though...

Not sure if you read my opinions on the audition posted on Youtube regarding this show, but I really liked it. Flowed topics smoothly, both were charasmatic enough to keep interest...yeah this show is going to be a nice fit for the station.

To end off..

Oh thank you sir; I've been a fan of this place since 2007, and I've been feeling very strongly about SS:R's downward spiral since the shutdown, hoping it can gain some relevance back. You have done that, and much better than I thought it could ever been done. This really is a new 'beginning' of sorts for SegaSonic:Radio; at the same time it's like the new guard mixing in with the old. I really hope this new direction is successful and all parties have fun doing what they enjoy. Now Turbo won't feel so lonely on-air every Friday now! xD

Oh...ONE MORE THING

What about....YOUR show Vizard? 

• Thumbs Up 2

As for my "The Music Plant Zone" (which will incorporate the Sound Check as it was on TSS' front page - speaking of, Sound Test Saturday returns next week or so!), my biggest priority more than anything right now is procuring an actual microphone and a set to go with it.

'til now, all I had to go with was my Macbook's internal mic which caught EVERYTHING (voice, keyboard sounds, the entire area with a slight buzz/hum), so I'm ordering a condenser mic, pop filter, and a few other accessories to make a good professional-ish show. Credit card statement's about to hit 0, so I'll be getting the works off Amazon real soon. Can't wait!

• Thumbs Up 1

Big congrats to the winners. I wish them all the best of luck and hope they enjoy themselves. Despite of this, I am actually glad to audition, did my best and enjoyed it. If there are any open opportunities or in need of assistance, I'll be interested in helping out.

In the meantime, I shall be looking forward to the re-launch. Thank you wink.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Congratulations to all the winners! I may not have ever listened to one of these before, but maybe that'll change in the near future. ;)

Congrats to all who made it. I had a good feeling about FTA and Smoovies, you guys' audition was awesome.

hah, didn't expect that but nice! I honestly ain't happy about not getting in tongue.png But oh well haha. Nice lineup though!

Meh. I'm kinda glad I didn't get in. I was a little awkward with my recording.rolleyes.gif

• 1 month later...

Is this actually going anywhere? It was a big deal and now it hasn't even gone anywhere.

There is going to be an announcement in a separate thread in a few days, you know. A lot of behind the scenes stuff is going down, and a lot has already gone down, so just because we don't express our entire progress, doesn't mean there isn't any!

So, please remain patient until the word is finally out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ugh, I was way too late to this. D:

I was gonna ask about if there was any more openings available for DJ stuff, but that would also depend on if anyone wanted anything played besides Sega / Sonic music. 

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 1

No promises, but we'll talk, bro.

Anyways, I'm sure some of you have been wondering if this is even going to take off, and I can assure ya, it will! To bring you guys up to speed, here's what I can tell you about what's been going down...

• Following the audition results, Turbo and I went through the new entrants and helped make sure they've got their connections down to pat. That included getting the right tools, putting in the right numbers and letters, making sure they can stream their voice, music, and Skype calls. This part wasn't easy to get down at ALL, but hey, we did it!
  • We talked scheduling. I won't tell ya what goes up when just yet, but I can assure you that there is going to be a show every single day. Eight different shows spanning across the entire week! That's freakin' amazing and almost unheard of in... well, forever! SS:R hasn't had this many programs in years, and believe me, we're back bigger and better than ever before!
  • Also, on occasion, some of us have been practicing, so you may or may not have caught us on the stream, which you should download right the hell now. You'll need it for when we start anew!

There's also going to be a few slight (technical) changes and features down the road, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

So, when are we finally getting this party started?

• Likely to happen over the coming days, an article will be posted on the front page (and copy/pasted as a topic in the Announcement subforum here) that will tell you the entire schedule in detail, as well as the official date itself. There's actually a specific reason as to why we haven't posted about the brand new SEGASonic:Radio on the main site yet...~ If we're lucky, we might even start this coming weekend, but we'll see!

With that being said, you'll want to keep track of the team once we get this show on the road. So, here are the Twitter and Facebook links you should be following if you're a social networking nerd like everyone else, because we will be using these! We can't make front page posts unless it'll be for major events like Project 24 (yes this will be returning as well ohohohoho~), so it is a must that you keep an eye on the following!

If you don't have a Twitter or Facebook, then don't worry. We'll likely spam the crap out of the status box too. Or, you could, I don't know, tune in on a regular basis and get a better idea yes.

So, tl;dr, shit did happen behind-the-scenes, shit will likely happen real soon (possibly end of this week soon) once other shit happens first, follow the shit out of us, and have a good day. We love you!

• Thumbs Up 6