Awoo.

Sonic Athletics Announced "Jay goes fast"

Badnik Mechanic

Imagine your local gym having something like this. It'd make a 10km run that much easier.

Imagine your local gym having something like this. It'd make a 10km run that much easier.

I would go on it every time I go to the gym. No kidding. XP

I always hate the treadmill, but if my local gym had a Sonic Athletics game cabinet or two I would go on it A LOT more! XD

>actually likes a good jog every now and then as well as playing video games.

Why have you forsaken me Sega. I guess I'll take my millions of dollars in monopoly money and bottle caps elsewhere. You guys really missed out I'm like so loaded over here.

I demand a shitty kinect port where you run on the spot, just like in real life.

...don't act like you guys wouldn't buy this. I see you over there...smiling and what not...yeah you...you want this. you want it so bad. I see it in your eyes. Hands hovering over those wallets ready to strike.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 8

Yes, and in order to beat the first stage you have to perform a homing attack.

Oh shit it's a bunch of Badniks! POWER SLIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

Iizuka has confirmed that Athletics is a main series title, occurring after Colors and before Generations. 

• Thumbs Up 3

...Good for Joypolis, I guess.

Myself, I haven't an interest in these sorts of arcade games. 

Well, it's certainly innovative. Next we'll have Mario with buttons you jump on. And I will battle anyone for treadmill #2!

Naw sorry dude, I'm taking that one. =P

Okay, fine, fine.

Ladies first but I want my turn immediately afterward.

• Thumbs Up 2

*5 minutes ago*

Me: ...Sonic Athletics? *clicks*

My Cousin, Kevin: You know why isn't SEGA endorsing fat people or something. Like having Sonic go, "Work out, and you'll be fast like ME! SONIC! :D"

Me: *reads about it* 

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

...um....yeah. I have no words for this.

Edited by Ryusuke

It looks like it'll just be a modified version of the track races from Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, sans the Mario part and Eggy and Vector, except instead of waggling like a mad man you just run on a treadmill like an even madder one

• Thumbs Up 1

It's actually a fairly brilliant idea. Education and exercise have one thing in common: they work better if you can make them fun in some way.

I would encourage gaming companies to partner with gyms to get one or two of these in every gym across the country. Have it so they can somehow link up to the internet so kids around the world can compete and get healthy at the same time.

There's a lot of logistics there, yes, but hey, the human mind has always found ways around obstacles given time.

• Thumbs Up 2

"I don't know if these athletics will prove to be successful, but what I do know is... we all ran the marathon together!"

But seriously. The Tails one is (figuratively) mine.

• Thumbs Up 4

So how long before whoever claims Treadmill #1 shouts "You're TOO SLO-OW"?

Also, to the people asking for Eggman, are you guys insane? You really want someone like THIS running in the game:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 3

So how long before whoever claims Treadmill #1 shouts "You're TOO SLO-OW"?

Also, to the people asking for Eggman, are you guys insane? You really want someone like THIS running in the game:

YES!  YOU'D HAVE TO BE INSANE NOT TO WANT THAT!

"Whats that Sonic fans? You want a new 3D Sonic game announcement? ...nope.avi! Have our exercise regime first!". Cue the TROLOLOLOL song.

I would love to play this though, seriously.

Edited by KrazyBean

*Seaside Hill announced to be the only stage later*

And everyone went to war with Sega that day.

Would not be surprised. That's their go-to for everything these days... they really need to make a new stage.

"Whats that Sonic fans? You want a new 3D Sonic game announcement? ...nope.avi! Have our exercise regime first!". Cue the TROLOLOLOL song.

I would love to play this though, seriously.

It's really sad it requires so much space. I think it'd do fabulously in the UK if they could somehow make it compact enough that arcades wouldn't be the only venue that could support it.

Well I like this thing. Sounds like something right up my ally.

I don't know how, but we need to get one of these over to a Summer of Sonic or Sonic Boom. Then we can put those number 1 sonic fan claims to bed once and for all. lol.

• Thumbs Up 5

If anyone needs to be a playable character, it's Big the Cat.

Seriously, though, it just seems to be a reskin of a game called Burnout Running, which they've had at Joypolis for a while:

• Thumbs Up 4