Awoo.

Sonic Athletics Announced "Jay goes fast"

Badnik Mechanic

This is rather unique, I can imagine all of the falls from the treadmills already. :u

But then again, SEGA could use this as an advantage for any weight-loss program!

not looking at you, Eggman. <3

Edited by Shadid

"Get a load of fitness!"

"Don't get too exhausted boys! Those were the EASY laps!"

It's poignant, because he's not playable.

Eggman's Energetic Exercise Equipment.

Super Sonic Racing is the only logical song that should be played when the game starts. The lyrics speak for themselves.

Come on run away
You don't have to stay
You're running out of time
But you're doing fine

So stay on track
And don't look back
Just feel the haste
Come on now race

* Everybody Super Sonic Racing
Gotta keep your feet right on the ground
When you're Super Sonic Racing
There's no time to look around
With just Super Sonic Racing
Running to the point of no return
Everybody Super Sonic Racing
Come on let the fire burn
Everybody, Everybody, Everybody (x2)

Don't you know
We really have to go
To a place
Where you can feel my heart in space

• Thumbs Up 1

This is rather unique, I can imagine all of the falls from the treadmills already. :u

But then again, SEGA could use this as an advantage for any weight-loss program!

Which is the main reason why I've pondered the economics of trying to miniaturise the concept and export it overseas. In an era of rising obesity, getting kids to exercise more could lead to MASSIVE profits.

Darn Sega trying to make us exercise. But seriously I'm curious to see this.

I'm hoping someone records their friend playing it and posts it on Youtube. I need some cheap late night comedy.

From what I've heard, Shadow's very popular in Japan... so it's sure to be fun trying to squeeze into that booth.

• Thumbs Up 1

The image is appreciated nonetheless, since it lets one see the full cast; the real-life snapshot isn't as good in that regard.

A part of me still wonders if the positioning of the characters actually has some relevance to the order SEGA considers them for in games. Blaze and Silver are on the backburner and are normally party characters, whereas Sonic and Tails get top billing.

• 2 weeks later...

It surprises me that a lot of people are liking it. I guess I was expecting a lot more hatred on something like this. 

But it really makes sense. I mean it is Sonic we are talking about. I'm sure if it was some other character like....Mario, I'm sure people would be really weirded out. 

I'm a little sad it's not going to be coming over here, but to be honest arcades aren't the same anymore. I think I only know one arcade place and I don't even think they would have the room to put something as huge as that. 

I think the main issue would be space when it comes to Sonic Athletics but it would be very awesome if they did bring it over here. 

One day I'll visit Japan again and hopefully get a chance to try it out.

Alas, Arcades are a dying trend in the US... damn shame too, I'd LOVE to see any sort of Sonic Arcade Machine in person.. AND be able to play it (I believe many years ago, in an arcade I frquented, there was a SOnic Pinball machine... that was out of order when I noticed it.)

Welp, at the very least, I can add this to my "list of things to do in Japan if/when I go"

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

LOL! Oh god you have to do the hurdles!?

Edit:

uvs130527-007.jpg

Nice grin Sonic.

I honestly wouldn't mind playing this at all! I know Sega doesn't own Gameworks anymore, but I still think they have a connection since they do get new Sega related stuff like new arcades, so I wonder if this would ever come to the U.S.

Is this made by the same studio that did the olympic games?

Because the models look the same.

The first footage of the game is now on the interwebs. It's exhausting. I wonder how long those treadmills will last?

Holy crap that looks insane!?

Does the treadmil actually move or does your own running speed power it?

Amy and Blaze have new outfits for this?

In fact, I'd say Blaze's outfit looks a bit like the concept art for Rush.

Holy crap that looks insane!?

Does the treadmil actually move or does your own running speed power it?

The treadmill locks until just before the word go, then its down to your own legs to move it. Which is fun but quickly leg destroying.

Amy and Blaze have new outfits for this?

In fact, I'd say Blaze's outfit looks a bit like the concept art for Rush.

Those are the M&S Summer olympic games outfits I believe.

I don't think so. Amy's dress has markings that aren't present on any outfit prior, and Blaze's trousers look completely different.