Awoo.

ARTWORK: Spindash scrapes a graphics tablet with a pen and it sometimes looks decent

spinny

WELCOME!

So... I've said a couple of times that I'd get around to making an art topic of my own after scrounging up some Sonic-related art I've done. A lot of the art on this topic will start WIP, but hey, what better way to kick off a topic than with a sample of the art itself?

FfAg4S2.png

Yup. That isn't traced. I had the History of Sonic book in front of me (which uses this iconic Sonic 1 art), and I pretty much drew this whilst using that as a reference to look back at when I needed to. 

Hope you enjoy my art that I post, and thanks for checkin' it all out! :3

This is GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!

But on a serious note, I really love this! Keep up the good work! happy.png

• Thumbs Up 1

This is GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!

But on a serious note, I really love this! Keep up the good work! happy.png

Thanks dude happy.png

I'll be sure to post some more later. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Sooo, some more artwork! Yayyyy!

The Mystic Cave Zone pit. Yes. THAT pit.

EshYKkp.jpg

I'll probably tidy both of these up on the computer when I feel that they're ready for that treatment. Enjoy! biggrin.png

Damn, I need to make a watermark for myself as well.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sooo, some more artwork! Yayyyy!

The Mystic Cave Zone pit. Yes. THAT pit.

EshYKkp.jpg

Amy Generations (NOTE: Not quite complete yet. Area is supposed to be Palmtree Panic Present.)

7aGjqfu.jpg

I'll probably tidy both of these up on the computer when I feel that they're ready for that treatment. Enjoy! biggrin.png

Damn, I need to make a watermark for myself as well.

THESE ARE AMAZING! I really like how the Amy Generations one is coming out! Keep up the good work!

Ahhh, the spike pit. Always a classic frustration to folks...

Then again Tails always found ways to drive you crazy the entire length of that game, didn't he? :P

Another little teaser whilst I'm working on Amy Generations. The Mystic Cave picture will be getting an update as well once I finish off the paper copy of Amy Gens.

"We gotta find that thing, and fast!!"

Mn4Al9v.png

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 6

Another little teaser whilst I'm working on Amy Generations. The Mystic Cave picture will be getting an update as well once I finish off the paper copy of Amy Gens.

"We gotta find that thing, and fast!!"

Mn4Al9v.png

WOW!! This is WAY PAST COOL! So far, in my opinion, it sort of looks like official art! Good job!smile.png 

that last sketch is way too bright, try messing with your scanner settings to darken the scan and bring out your sketch more.

that last sketch is way too bright, try messing with your scanner settings to darken the scan and bring out your sketch more.

It's a really light sketch, it pretty much looks like that on the paper. I'll go over it in thicker pencil, probably tomorrow.

A quick drawing of the Classic crew. Slightly rushed, so I apologize if it looks kinda weird.

The Simpler Days

xwYcCnU.jpg

I hope to finish the paper version of Amy Generations tonight. After that, I'll start working on that and Mystic Cave digitally. Enjoy this in the meantime! biggrin.png

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 6

Sonic's right shoulder looks a bit low (his arm gets rapidly narrow near the top), but other than that I think it looks fantastic! I'm really liking the effective of Robotnik looming sinisterly in the background.

Definite props for giving them all a dynamic pose! Each pose is different and unique, and that adds a lot of life to the picture. Keep up the good work. smile.png

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

That's the most awesome drawing of the Classics I've ever seen! Keep up the great work!

Another update. biggrin.png

I've been seriously demotivated the past few days, so a few hours ago, I decided to make a status asking people what they would like me to draw. The first reply was from Dr. Crusher, asking me to draw Skorp Mk. II.

So here it is. In case you are not in the know, Skorp is that f***ing relentless scorpion badnik you can find in Sandopolis Zone from Sonic & Knuckles. This picture pretty much takes him and upgrades him into the artstyle that the badniks followed in their Colours and Generations interpretations.

Nm5kbal.jpg?1

Stay tuned for more of the requests. I only did this one because I'm getting kinda sleepy, haha.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 5

Dear god I'm getting flashbacks of that thing and it's obnoxious tail that could stretch for what seemed like miles.

Wonderful take on bringing it into the modern age, though!

Maybe SEGA will feature one in the next desert stage...

What's this? Another piece from Sonic & Knuckles? Yeah, I just really love the badniks out of that game. It's quite funny because it's the only one out of the Genesis era that I didn't grow up with.

A regular day at Lava Reef Zone...

o5vnYKh.jpg

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 3

Alright, I'm just about to go to bed, but I suppose I'll update with this work-in-progress.

yQ7bUYI.jpg

Enjoy. :3

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 5

Hey hey, it's me again. With an Adventure-style remake of that Advance 3 concept art. Still a work in progress, by the way. I'm gonna add the wacky shading, don't you worry. xD

I'll just leave this here. happy.png I promise I'll finish it tomorrow, but for now, sleepy-byes!

EDIT: Damn, forgot to give the sweat teardrop any colour. I'll do that tomorrow, too, haha.

3wbT3OG.png

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 9

So, I finished Sonic. happy.png Now to do Amy's shading! Does anyone think I should add a background? If so, what are your recommendations?

eab7a376c5ddfd1e2fcd73a91a29b981.png
Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 5

So, I finished Sonic. happy.png Now to do Amy's shading! Does anyone think I should add a background? If so, what are your recommendations?

eab7a376c5ddfd1e2fcd73a91a29b981.png

That looks amazing, great work on the shading! Looks almost official! But one thing (Maybe) On Sonic's arm, the one linking Amy's, is that Amy's thumb, or have you forgotten the colour? Sorry, I just couldn't tell that one thing. But it looks fantastic though, can't wait to see Amy done!

So, I did Adventure Sonic. Yeah, I know, I need to come up with some original poses. sleep.png

iGfuNsU.jpg
Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 4

So I'm thinking of doing a picture in a painting-esque style of Sonic and Amy (Modern style, by the way. I like Classic too, don't get me wrong, but I think Modern Sonic and Amy just look more... rockin', if you will, and would fit this idea better.) having an intimate moment after Sonic CD's events. Thing is, not sure where it should be set. There's these two choices:

The end of Stardust Speedway Bad Future, with a destroyed and sparking Metal Sonic in the background. Figuratively moments after Sonic unties Amy from the pole.

Or the ending scene from CD, just by Never Lake.

I was thinking more towards Stardust Speedway to kinda mix those action + romance settings you see a few times in media to kinda shake things up, considering it's quite uncommon, but hey. Just wanted to hear what you guys think. :3

Edited by Super Spindash