Awoo.

ARTWORK: Spindash scrapes a graphics tablet with a pen and it sometimes looks decent

spinny

So, I'm trying to get my own art style in progress, so I did this. Also my first picture done with a graphics tablet. biggrin.png I'll still use the Adventure style every now and then, but this is what I'll use a lot, including the aforementioned pic of Sonic and Amy (which I have decided will be in Stardust Speedway B.F.)

I'll probably throw in Ocean Palace or somethin' as a backdrop too, later. :3 Ignore those shading parts bleeding outside of the picture, they shouldn't be there. I'll clean them up in the later version.

YtM0rXl.png

EDIT (12/05/2013): Tidied off a lot of the shading that bleeds outside the art. :3

This spoiler tag also contains some Generations snapshots I got which can be used as desktop wallpapers. Any mods used were not made by me, and, quite obviously, Generations was made by SEGA. There's your disclaimer. I just snapped these screenshots, so technically, they're art. Anyway, here ya go.

qhu6N1y.jpg
l3VQJYc.jpg
vb9cjKX.jpg
5GLV21f.jpg
Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 3

Quick concept art of Asteroid Coaster. This is only supposed to be a sketch really, may turn it into a full picture if I can start doing some of that crazy CGI style rendering that some other people round here do.

zLTmTJx.jpg

I'll most likely finish off the Sonic and Amy (Advance 3) pic tomorrow, then work on some other stuff. Crash, I'll get your art request done soon, I promise. I've got a basic idea on how I want it to look. xD

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done doing the Sonic & Amy Advance 3 art in Adventure style. I found the Generations-style brushes on deviantART, but I can't remember who made them... Anyway, I'm REALLY happy with how Sonic & Amy turned out. Expect some original poses from me soon. :3

poajArS.jpg

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 9

So I just drew and coloured this in my sketchbook and awwwwww IT'S SO ADORABLE :3

ivM6Ivb.jpg
Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 2

That is a really nice style, I think you could make more of your drawings in that style.

So I made a map of Sonic 1's levels. My personal favourite out of this map is Star Light. So many memorable parts to squeeze in compared to the rest, haha. Hardest was Labyrinth. :/

Enjoy, everyone! :3

I'll give this a digital treatment sometime.

9M3WmHE.jpg
Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 5

So I made a map of Sonic 1's levels. My personal favourite out of this map is Star Light. So many memorable parts to squeeze in compared to the rest, haha. Hardest was Labyrinth. :/

Enjoy, everyone! :3

I'll give this a digital treatment sometime.

9M3WmHE.jpg

Reminds me of the Sonic 4 level map, good work! How about doing one for Sonic 2 or 3&K?

• 2 weeks later...

So, in celebration of SSB4's announcement, I present my first non-Sonic drawing here, Mega Man Kirby! :3

UnqMeH4.jpg

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mega Man 1 & 2 Robot Masters finished.

rQZXBes.png

From left to right: Mega Man, Cut Man, Guts Man, Elec Man, Ice Man, Fire Man, Bomb Man.

OKPagya.png

From left to right: Metal Man, Air Man, Bubble Man, Quick Man, Crash Man, Flash Man, Heat Man and Wood Man.

Done Needle Man, Magnet Man and Gemini Man from 3 so far. I'll save them for when I've finished that set though.

And yes, I'll be doing 7 and 8's as well. I'll be using the Famicom pirate counterparts as sprite references.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 1

So last night I asked in the statuses what you would like to see me draw. Spin Attax and Wraith asked for Blaze, sooo... Here.

wdq1vFK.jpg

May try out Tikal at some point, considering she's another of my favourite females in the series.

Credit to this person for the fire texture:

http://dbszabo1.deviantart.com/art/misc-fire-png-310639431

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 2

So. Have some Tikal as well. (why do I keep drawing the females? xD)

oRacrvz.jpg

What other characters would you guys like in this style?

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 2

A certain someone's 22nd birthday is coming up in a couple of days, so I'm whipping up a compilation of all of Sonic's different appearances, in one picture. So far, I have the classics drawn on paper. Hopefully I can finish the paper ones tonight.

Sonic the Hedgehog. June 23, 1991

p3sK5qd.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog 2. November 24, 1992.

Bnq6UYt.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog CD. September 23, 1993.

VZGB9zN.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. February 2/October 18, 1994.

kFzqdnU.jpg

(fyi that's Hyper Sonic, not the Werehog. Lawl.)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
Abc9EFb.png

A doodle I did to get accustomed to my graphics tablet. Tried to go for an Adventure-with-06-hairstyle look. Came out kinda well in my view.

Edited by Super Spindash

• 1 month later...

[wipes off dust]

Man, it really has been a while. Aaaanyway... did this today.

amy_rose_double_peace_dude_pose_by_super

< _ <

> _ >

[leaves this here]

bd3d4d60871c67b9715ad7a777f59328.png
Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 5

Really nice Amy there, her eyes in particular really get me. Her hands seem a little off, (to me, anyway) but aside from that, she's lookin' good.

...and I can't wait to see more of that Honey.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really like the artwork so far, the colouring is lovely whether by pens or digitally and the drawings are clear. Liking that it mixes the official styles with your style. Sorry for not going into detail it's just that I'm not an art critic so I don't know regarding if there are things to improve plus not everyone can draw so for the people that can, keep drawing and enjoy yourselves while you are at it (really sorry that its worded wrong, it is meant to be a compliment). Some of these drawings are also quite funny (as in the scenarios that the characters are in or Sonic's cheesy grin).

Looking forward to seeing the finished Honey.

[wipes off dust]

Man, it really has been a while. Aaaanyway... did this today.

amy_rose_double_peace_dude_pose_by_super

< _ <

> _ >

[leaves this here]

bd3d4d60871c67b9715ad7a777f59328.png

I know I have said this at other spots, but good work, and cant wait to see what you do next!

WELCOME!

So... I've said a couple of times that I'd get around to making an art topic of my own after scrounging up some Sonic-related art I've done. A lot of the art on this topic will start WIP, but hey, what better way to kick off a topic than with a sample of the art itself?

FfAg4S2.png

Yup. That isn't traced. I had the History of Sonic book in front of me (which uses this iconic Sonic 1 art), and I pretty much drew this whilst using that as a reference to look back at when I needed to. 

Hope you enjoy my art that I post, and thanks for checkin' it all out! :3

Dat looks so awesome :o

So what if Frog Forest and Lost Jungle had sex and became a Classic level?

This!

gVIKkIm.jpg
Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 3

Double post, buuuuuuut...

8J1Nrqg.jpg

This is in no way related to my new banner interest. Nope, not at all... (spoiler: yes it is)

EDIT: Yeah, I need to tone down on the tits. I will, I will. >:I

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 4

Pretty good, but...eh...her...chest is kinda weird looking. Maybe it's just the perspective...

Anyway, Sonic is looking perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

< _ <

> _ >

*runs out of thread and drops this on the way*

Y1q9pv8.png

Collab with Sly4Good

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 6