Awoo.

ARTWORK: Spindash scrapes a graphics tablet with a pen and it sometimes looks decent

spinny

A basic Amy redesign I've been working on recently:

9s2gmHJ.png

vRkdjAb.png

Where I'm trying to go with this is basically...

1. Keep her cute nature

2. Add a little more tough flair to it. Denim shorts, etc.

3. Make sure her love for Sonic is still evident. Hence the crop shirt with the ring on it.

4. Make her more athletic; this is shown through the longer bangs and the velcrow (or however the hell you spell it) shoes.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Updated with belt alternative rather than tight shirt and visible stomach.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 2

8IpcVGd.png

Amy and Cream (or, as their team name in Advance 3, Team Jubilee) high five! Amy and Cream being treated as close friends, even theoretical sisters (akin to Sonic and Tails) is a great concept in my opinion, so I absolutely had to start this. I'll probably do Cream tomorrow :3

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 3

So I made a map of Sonic 1's levels. My personal favourite out of this map is Star Light. So many memorable parts to squeeze in compared to the rest, haha. Hardest was Labyrinth. :/

Enjoy, everyone! :3

I'll give this a digital treatment sometime.

9M3WmHE.jpg

THAT. LOOKS. FUCKING. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wis2Rq7.jpg

espiooooooo is clearly ready to gooooooo why does the vocalist sound drunk on this liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

• Thumbs Up 4

spindash tries to model

wUGASbA.jpg
gZVAd9t.jpg

why dont i have any shots of the bottom?

GCcDkVv.jpg

because the goddamn texture doesnt appear

(but yeah, any help on fixing that would be appreciated

• Thumbs Up 4

to celebrate sonic 2 taxstealth

i draw

zOeCAH0.jpg

the thing i cant even currently access in the version im playing

#spindashlogic

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Really about time I dusted this place off...

6864068282e0cf78a11e0000ed7aeb74.png

Yeah, a random Cream redesign. Portrays her at the age of 12-16. Still trying to work out a suitable color for the hair streak, as you can see to the right. Might modify the length of it too, even though I don't really see any problems. Long free hair is hip with da hood.

Also note I gave her another eyelash on each eye to show her transition into the same age group as the other three girls (Amy, Blaze and Rouge). 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

Heh, nice pun, not bad, though I am still curious as to what happened to your cream update?

have a kinda sucky Marine sketch

70111b80839d37e9333be52699ff76f2.png

I'm really trying out the basics of expressions as you can see right now because I pretty much really need a reboot-- I'm not too happy with my previous Sonic character proportions anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

c4c8d5c1bd79e417a2fc476de627f8c3.png

I really don't even know what I'm doing these days... just stupid doodles I don't even finish half the time.

*sighs internally*

• Thumbs Up 3

does this tikal your fancy

Just noticing this now...dammit Spinny, that reminds me of the time I had that CERTAIN avatar.

• Thumbs Up 1

duCnyWy.png

GAAAAAAAAASP I ACTUALLY FINISHED SOMETHING!?!??!?!

Yeah I did this because of boredom. Felt like drawing a Sonic character, result was this.

Overall I think it's... okay. There's a few weird proportions that bother me, though.

• Thumbs Up 7

PdSYcBz.png

This is probably the best piece of art I've done in quite some time. If anyone has any recommendations for a background, go ahead.

• Thumbs Up 4

Palmtree Panic perhaps? Or maybe something else from CD, like Never Lake (is that what it's called)?

2db922a9b6716cbaaa105950c252eb82.png

Thinking about coloring and animating this to be a cute little run cycle gif. I'm also starting to be really pleased with my artstyle so I might plan some details for opening commissions soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_n4lvm49CZp1sz36jto1_1280.png

Today I booted artist's block right in the face and showed it who's fuckin' boss around these parts.

• Thumbs Up 5

That's pretty darn good! The shadows and highlights all look spot-on, and the colours are all perfect. If I may make a suggestion or two, though: the black parts of the eyelids need thinning a little, and the area where the wings join her back look a little like a belt loop. I don't know how they fit on myself so I'm not much help (sorry bout that), but otherwise, this is a very nice piece. Great job! 

Yeah, I have a lot of proportion problems regarding Sonic characters, heh. I'm surprised the shading and highlights came out so well, though!

On another note, have some good old Windows time travel:

4501e24c0a08e408552435e39b1a0020.png

Obviously just a sketch, I'm planning on tidying it up too though.

• Thumbs Up 5