Awoo.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 "Hi everybody!"

Badnik Mechanic

...Well....

This was greenlighted on Steam, once again raises questions about how Valve lets certain games get on it's service.

People aren't happy.

So... anyone wanna buy this game?

00oAFi1.gif

• Thumbs Up 8

Hahaha, what is this?! biggrin.png Does i actually play the Casualty theme or is that just for the video?

Also it reminds me of Virtual Dentist. Horrible screams, shoving various instruments in people...

Edited by MamboCat
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hogfather? Are you a magnet to weird and shitty games? tongue.png

Should be called Harold Shipman: The Game.  

Also it reminds me of Virtual Dentist. Horrible screams, shoving various instruments in people...

*Tries not to do an innuendo joke*.

Intern Weird Al approves this game!happy.png

Edited by BW199148

Greenlit games achieve such status by the community, not Valve.  Literally anyone can put a game up on Steam greenlight.

What I am surprised about is that they're charging £7 for this thing.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

What I am surprised about is that they're charging £7 for this thing.

Agreed. Wasn't this ftp at first?

The Steam version is actually pretty much a whole new game, new operations, lots of new objects to fiddle around with, and even the title screen features plenty of easter eggs. The free version is pretty much a demo.

The game isn't shitty by any means, it's intentionally silly and ridiculous.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

The Steam version is actually pretty much a whole new game, new operations, lots of new objects to fiddle around with, and even the title screen features plenty of easter eggs. The free version is pretty much a demo.

The game isn't shitty by any means, it's intentionally silly and ridiculous.

Ohhhh I had no idea this version had new content.  I've only seen a single Let's Play of it (not Pewdeepie's though I think), so I assumed this was the exact same game where you just Push Start, have a go, fail, and then back to the title screen etc.

Fair do's then.

Pretty much. The title screen is basically you at a desk with free reign to mess everything up. It's weirdly 90s, there's a computer showing control instructions where you can literally eject the floppy disk and put in any of the three floppy disks into the computer. I haven't played it myself, I've only seen Hatfilms' video on it (which is hilarious, by the way) - they fiddle about with the title screen for a bit, and then they attempt a kidney transplant, only to fail miserably.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

Hi, Doctor Nick!

This game shouldn't be a retail one, in my opinion. Feel free to kill me or something.

Eh, this game being a retail title is more subjective than anything, if people want to pay for it, it's their money. Maybe they should be offering it for less, I dunno.

Edited by Shirou Emiya

I just noticed something....

the surgeon isn't wearing gloves. Isn't there a meticulous 20 minute scrubbing level?!

Considering you can remove the ribs, lungs and everything else before plopping a new heart in there and call it a day, I think the uncovered hands are the least of anyone's concerns.

Not that this game was ever supposed to be taken seriously. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be slapped. Hard.

One of the artists I follow has been Livestreaming this game for the past half hour or so. It's pretty hilarious. Attempt to answer the phone but accidentally dump the entire desk on the floor. Attempt lift up the courtesy covering, but grab it so hard that you pull out the small intestines too...

It's great. Like if an epileptic was performing surgery after watching Electric Soldier Porygon.

This game is hilarious. I haven't actually played it myself, but just watching people play it always makes me laugh! This one in particular from the Yogscast is priceless. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...