Awoo.

Sega Spectrum... What is... Launching 2013? What is..?

Badnik Mechanic

Dreamcast 2

Well, as usual, Sega and its brilliant marketing exerptise have left us completely in the dark.  Great.  That'll get those sales a-boosting.  Yeah, not really.

Still, I look forward to seeing what it is.

(inb4, it's a coffeemaker)

• Thumbs Up 7

Hm.

Based on the logo, and the word "spectrum", I'm going to guess that SEGA will be releasing printers with their own brand of ink. Screw the Dreamcast 2, this is what I've always wanted. I can print all the pictures of Shenmue 3 I want!

EDIT: Oh dammit, Zolo!

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, Sega are pretty stupid sometimes, maybe that explains the logo being wrong? Still, Sega wouldn't risk their partnerships with Nintendo (Bayonetta), Sony (Yakuza) and Microsoft (...).

Edited by Crash

Perhaps SEGA are going backwards with console technology instead of forwards...

Remember this?

ZX Spectrum:

sinclair_zx-spectrum-plus_box_1.jpg

"The ZX Spectrum is an 8-bit personal home computer released in the United Kingdom in 1982 by Sinclair Research Ltd.

Referred to during development as the ZX81 Colour and ZX82,the machine was launched as the ZX Spectrum by Sinclair to highlight the machine's colour display, compared with the black-and-white of its predecessor, the ZX81.The Spectrum was ultimately released as eight different models, ranging from the entry level model with 16 KB RAM released in 1982 to the ZX Spectrum +3 with 128 kB RAM and built in floppy disk drive in 1987; together they sold in excess of 5 million units worldwide (not counting numerous clones).

The Spectrum was among the first mainstream audience home computers in the UK, similar in significance to the Commodore 64 in the USA. The introduction of the ZX Spectrum led to a boom in companies producing software and hardware for the machine, the effects of which are still seen; some credit it as the machine which launched the UK IT industry. Licensing deals and clones followed, and earned Clive Sinclair a knighthood for "services to British industry".

The Commodore 64, Oric-1 and Atmos, BBC Microcomputer and later the Amstrad CPC range were major rivals to the Spectrum in the UK market during the early 1980s. Over 24,000 software titles have been released since the Spectrum's launch and new titles continue to be released, with over 90 new ones in 2010."

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that the topic of Sega Printers was brought up, I must redact my previous hypothesis.  A coffeemaker?  Preposterous!  Based on the name and logo, there's only one thing it could be.

A Kool-Aid mixer.

• Thumbs Up 1

So being serious, where did thing thing first show up? We don't have a proper source, but who was the first to say "look what I found"?

Edited by Blue Blood

It's obviously Sonic Spectrum, the long awaited sequel to Sonic Colors that will save the franchise.

I'm going to echo everyone else's thoughts by saying it's probably some sort of printer or online service. I wouldn't get very excited about it, regardless.

Edited by Shrek
  • Thumbs Up 1

So being serious, where did thing thing first show up? We don't have a proper source, but who was the first to say "look what I found"?

No idea.

I found it on gaf at the time of posting. But looking around it's been doing the rounds for at least a week.

Well, the lack of the correct logo makes this scream "hoax". I mean, SEGA wouldn't screw that up, right?

Ah, fuck it, I want my Kool-Aid mixer!

You guys are stupid. It's totally Orbi.

NOOOO!! No I won't have it!

... . ... ...

This is obviously The Phantom!

I remember when Ringedge was being hyped us as a Dreamcast 2.

Too bad it was revealed as an Arcade board lol.

• Thumbs Up 7

Guy's guys guys....please!

It's clearly a Sega Search Engine, to tackle Google. Tough times we live in.

• Thumbs Up 3

Where's Mr. Sega? Hopefully he can explain this one in more detail.

Someone at Retro noticed an issue on the Sega logo other than the different shade of blue. If you pay attention, the "a" on  Sega is not connected to the "g" like it is in the actual logo and instead looks like the font that imitates the logo:

And it's minor details like this that can be pretty condemning at times. Sounds like it's a hoax, as often happens.

It's not too surprising, actually. With how quick people jump on news this last year, it makes sense some people with extra time have made a point to put up hoaxes like this; it takes the smaller clues sometimes to tell that they're fake.

Between this font error and the incorrect regional logo... yeah, sounds like it's all fake.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm gonna be the odd one out and say its either a system or some type of thing for the computer.

Someone at Retro noticed an issue on the Sega logo other than the different shade of blue. If you pay attention, the "a" on  Sega is not connected to the "g" like it is in the actual logo and instead looks like the font that imitates the logo:

*pictures*

Ah yeah, you can definitely see it in the shape of the S. I'm all up for pegging this a complete fake now until a reliable source (read: SEGA) says otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 2