Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

I think this new super secret Sonic game now holds the record for having the most rumours surrounding it in the history of videogaming. XD

Anyway, I'd love to see Shenmue in HD! It would be great to introduce new gamers to the first sandbox game of its kind. Oh and Shenmue 2 would be nice since it's a rare title which was only released in Japan and Europe.

Yah I thought the same Barry, I mean it could just all be coincidence but getting the characters out there for all to see including new gamers would be a good pre-advertisement for an HD Heritage game. I wonder if they would do Shenmue I&II or just one at a time to test the waters. Skies I can see following the Sonic Adventure type deal with its extra content from the Gamecube Legends version being a separate add-on DLC perhaps?

And Hogfather that bag is sweet! I haven't seen it before. Is it still available? The shirts look nice too, I could use some more. My current game shirts are almost ready for the shirt heaven in the sky ;_;

• Thumbs Up 1

dc8f91c2a73111e2957d22000a1fa40f_7.jpg

I'll take about 50 of those. There is such a massive want that I cannot describe.

Do tell, is it big enough to hold a laptop? Cuz this Sonic backpack is getting weary from holding my Macbook for so long. :v

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll take about 50 of those. There is such a massive want that I cannot describe.

Do tell, is it big enough to hold a laptop? Cuz this Sonic backpack is getting weary from holding my Macbook for so long. :v

http://www.insertcoinclothing.com/accessories/sega-mega-drive-bag.html

41 x 31 x 11 (I'm assuming centimeters)

That might be big enough for a laptop? I dunno.

Personally I want the Dreamcast bag.

• Thumbs Up 1

Before I begin, to the mods:

*new guidelines on rumors*

Thank you guys so much. Rather tired of all of these questionable/painfully false newsanicgaem!!!1ne rumors coming out of the woodwork, up to the point that even major gaming sites like IGN got suckered into rumors that couldn't be even more full of week-old road apples if they tried.

I think I keep liking every post Hogfather makes in this thread. Probably because he's the only one talking any sense.

Can we get back to talking about SEGA's actual plans and news please? You know, like this:

Mostly it's not really anything that's worth reading, but the interesting part is in italics. SEGA Hardlight is doing well, expanding and working on more ambitious titles. I'm pretty happy to see this!

So does this mean we might start seeing full/true 2D Sonic platformers from them (downloadable or handheld)?

Because if that's the case I'm more than accepting. It'd would be a much needed fresh breath of air for 2D Sonic games after Dimps has essentially run them into the ground to the point of churning out nothing higher than mediocre titles. The fact that Sonic Jump had better production values and much more replayability/content than Sonic "4": Episode I (and even Episode II in some circumstances!) speaks volumes.

Hey, some SEGA news:

House of the Dead: Overkill – The Lost Reels Arrives on iOS and Android!

"The Lost Reels puts fans back into the action with Agent G and Detective Washington as they fight their way through Bayou City to Papa Caesar’s Mansion in this gritty arcade shooter. Play in Story mode and enjoy non-stop shooting action as you blow apart mutants across three levels (each with 4 levels and a boss) – it starts off easy and quickly ramps in difficulty. Looking for more challenge? Test your skills in Survivor Mode, which features wave after wave of blood-thirsty mutants."

To add to my previous post:

VECTORMAN confirmed for House of Dead mobile.

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/05/03/play-as-vectorman-in-house-of-the-dead-overkill-the-lost-reels/

8703604286_06c3815ac6.jpg

"The House of the Dead: Overkill – The Lost Reels is available now on Android and iOS, but here’s something you may not know – you can play through the game using Vectorman’s Ball Gun! Similar to our Shinobi update, this unlock lets you to replace the minigun with the signature Vectorman Ball Gun for maximum violence and maximum fun!

Each time you gun down a mutant, you’ll be treated with a particle effect shower much like the original Vectorman game. As an added bonus, you’ll see Vector Ball gun during each reload as would appear if in 1st person – pretty sweet. The Vector Gun with Minigun unlock will set you back ~70,000 Ka$h (not including Minigun upgrades), so we’ve got some more handy tips to help out!

8703604244_1d4b4937d5.jpg

Prioritize your upgrades! Be sure to pick up the Combo Upgrade pack in gadgets as your first upgrade to boost your score modifier to x6 (up from x3). The score boost should help you get high ranks and earn more Ka$h faster!

Buy the Combo Extender Consumable! If you are having trouble keeping your new 6x multiplier up, pick up the Combo Extender, which will help you earn S Rank (and the most Ka$h possible) with each level.

Increase the Difficulty! The harder the level, the more the Ka$h (bosses excluded). Play some missions from Ballistic Trauma or Naked Terror (if unlocked) to earn the most Ka$h possible.

Find the Ka$h! Play levels where you can get an S Rank and pick up all in level Ka$h – this will help you quickly get the funds needed to pick up both the Colt and the Shinobi upgrade. Easy!

The Vector Ball Gun is badass and is the perfect tool to use against the oncoming threats within House of the Dead – and it’s fun too!

The high cost takes a bit to earn, but once you have it set up, you won’t put it down…

Pick up House of the Dead on Android

Pick up House of the Dead on the App Store

Are you playing House of the Dead: Overkill – The Lost Reels? Do you love the Shinobi & Vectorman upgrades? Let us know!"

- - - - -

Nice to see Vectorman making an appearance. It's a shame he wasn't playable in SASRT.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 5

">>>LoCAti0n...IDENTifi3d...01001100...*bzzt*"

">>>> eRrRor... 01011101>>> syST4M rEe(2013)B00t"

Sense sega recognizes sos thought it might as well be here.

If you take all the letters that are capitalised and turn all the l337 numbers back into letters, you can anagram them into

"READ: Metal Sonic Reboot." (Kudos to DarkRule for decoding the anagram for me)

So that's essentially confirmation of the theme that was expected based on the actual website.

It'll be neat to see exactly what plans they have for the event if they're going for a Metal Sonic theme; I wonder how connected to it SEGA of Europe is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the new Sonic Game will re-tell the story of Metal Sonic and we'll get a partial reboot of the series with the events of Sonic, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD combined. That would be sweet.

Sonic and Tails fully playable

Metal Sonic playable in his side story after the main one is completed

Amy unlocked after Metal Sonic

As someone in the know regarding SoS behind the scenes, I can assure you that SoS's theme this year has absolutely nothing to do with any new Sonic game(s) that SEGA may have in the works. Any similarities that may occur are merely coincidental. 

• Thumbs Up 6

As someone in the know regarding SoS behind the scenes, I can assure you that SoS's theme this year has absolutely nothing to do with any new Sonic game(s) that SEGA may have in the works. Any similarities that may occur are merely coincidental.

This has been said numerous times before and the fact that you're having to say it again is just evidence that nobody listens and will continue to clutch at straws.

• Thumbs Up 2

This has been said numerous times before and the fact that you're having to say it again is just evidence that nobody listens and will continue to clutch at straws.

I'm not going to link to any of them, but within 24 hours of the SOS website updating there were a few things going around, some where understandable. E.g. one random guy asked IGN to investigate the site thinking it was run by Sega. Then you get the ones which are a bit more 'how?' and 'why?' e.g. a 30 min long video explaining why the next Sonic game is *insert game title here* because the SOS website has this picture on it.

In fact you can do it with any sega announcement.

Go to google or youtube and chance the search criteria to 'most recent' or 'past 24 hours' and be amazed at the conclusions some people draw.

• Thumbs Up 1

Never have I been so happy to see a robot made of big green balls.

(Well...the hand, at least...)

Edited by wOrm

Never have I been so happy to see a robot made of big green balls.

Baby, you've never been on a date with me.

...wait.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse. Apparently, a new Streets of Rage game was pitched to SEGA but they turned it down. See, that sounds bad, doesn't it? But on the flip side it turns out that this pitch was from Backbone, infamous for their terrible Sonic ports and the lacklustre Rivals series. So it's perfectly possible that the game would have been absolute shite had it ever materialised. Full article here at Siliconera.

And have some artwork of Blaze while you're at it:

BlazeFielding1.jpg

Edited by Blue Blood

Aw, I found the Rivals series fun...

But that artwork looks absolutely awful. Proportions and anatomy; what are they?

• Thumbs Up 2

How many streets of Rage pitches have sega cancelled now?

There must have been plans at one point to bring back this franchise, this is the 3rd or 4th streets of rage came to come to light now in under a year isn't it?

But that artwork looks absolutely awful. Proportions and anatomy; what are they?

Personally I rather enjoy the Rivals games too. Especially the second one. But I wouldn't say they were much good. 

And yeah, the art is... painful. What happened to Adam's head in the first pic, and his left leg in the second one?

adamhunter1.jpg

Edited by Blue Blood

Man I didn't know Rob Liefeld wanted to do the concept art for a Streets of Rage game.

• Thumbs Up 6

The in-game image reminds of of DD Neon, like, a lot.

Nevermind, I was looking at ESWAT! ESWAT: City Under Siege...

Edited by Jango

Personally I rather enjoy the Rivals games too. Especially the second one. But I wouldn't say they were much good. 

And yeah, the art is... painful. What happened to Adam's head in the first pic, and his left leg in the second one?

Man I didn't know Rob Liefeld wanted to do the concept art for a Streets of Rage game.

Foreshortening is the visual effect or optical illusion that causes an object or distance to appear shorter than it actually is because it is angled toward the viewer.

Although foreshortening is an important element in art where visual perspective is being depicted, foreshortening occurs in other types of two-dimensional representations of three-dimensional scenes. Some other types where foreshortening can occur include oblique parallel projection drawings. Foreshortening also occurs when imaging rugged terrain using a synthetic aperture radar system.[citation needed]

In painting, foreshortening in the depiction of the human figure was perfected in the Italian Renaissance, and the The Lamentation over the Dead Christ by Andrea Mantegna (1480s) is one of the most famous of a number of works that show off the new technique, which thereafter became a standard part of the training of artists.

I mean yeah, the art is mediocre, but aren't you guys being intentionally obtuse?

• Thumbs Up 3