Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Doesn't matter. Sonic Generations 2 or Sonic Colors 2 or maybe even Sonic Adventure 3 would be cool. Also for Xbox Live 2 players.

Or another Sonic 4 where did Metal Sonic go!?

You want all the games that are not gonna happen.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well there has to be one of those games. Then they have to make another new Sonic. They never continue any Sonic games! Why!?

Well there has to be one of those games. Then they have to make another new Sonic. They never continue any Sonic games! Why!?

Or maybe they can make an original Sonic game...

EDIT: Espio'd by Chaos Warp

Edited by DaHog
  • Thumbs Up 2

I do want original Sonic. But there is never a second Sonic of any game. I know a lot of people that want more of Sonic Colors. Why do they have to abandon every game?

But there is never a second Sonic of any game.

*cough*SA2Sonic2*cough*

• Thumbs Up 2

I do want original Sonic. But there is never a second Sonic of any game. I know a lot of people that want more of Sonic Colors. Why do they have to abandon every game?

If you want more of Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations, pick up their handheld versions. Sonic Generations 3DS has a whole different set of levels, minus Green Hill Zone. 

I have Sonic Colors on DS but I need to get a 3DS for Sonic Generations. Is DS finishing or will there be more Sonic for it?

If you want more of Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations, pick up their handheld versions. 

I heard they're pretty good.

Is DS finishing or will there be more Sonic for it?

The DS has been dead.

Sonic 1-4 are apart of the same thing, and SA1/SA2/Heroes/Shadow (I think) are like all apart of the same rift too. Then you have your Riders series and Storybook series. All that said, that's a pretty large sum of continuing Sonic games. Just because it hasn't been in the most recent focus doesn't mean never, XD. However, I do like it better when we just start new branches and make new Sonic games. I find them way more interesting and don't walk into them with already a taste formed about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok I know what you mean. They can make all new Sonic games, but the places never return. I want to see the Eggman theme park again for an example. But with new bits. Or the places of Sonic Adventure DX but with extra bits. The town is very small! But if it is all new and different I don't really care. Only thing I care about is more 2 player Sonic games so I can play with my brother more. 

First off, welcome to the SSMB! I hope you have a good stay here.

Secondly, it's not so much that Sonic Team/SEGA are abandoning the games, it's just that not every game needs a sequel and a lack of a sequel doesn't necessarily mean the abandonment of games. You can still have Colors-esque elements in other games, but it need not be a sequel.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well who knows? We may get a sequel to any of these games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always thought it was kinda an approach to keep Sonic timeless (bar Generations). The world almost seems completely new and almost no ties to the previous one, yet still exists in the same canon. Sometimes it's filled with humans and real-world situations, while the next it's completely loopy and filled with animal robots. Personally I'd really hate for it to become sort of like Mario's case where bringing back nostalgic tropes/items/enemies get so overused that it grows stale.

• Thumbs Up 7

It would be good if Wisps come back. So not everything is gone. Like Chip and the power ring he gave to Sonic was completely gone! Nothing really continues but oh well.

Chip doesn't have any Wisps there are no Wisps in Sonic Unleashed.

Are you just joking? Old people know about Sonic!

Yeah I know. It was just a joke. But I agree having certain things from some games return would be nice.(like chips bracelet or something.)

Edited by Roxas
  • Thumbs Up 1

When will they hurry and show the new Sonic? It better not be on face book again then I have to use my brothers to find out about it. What is even the point of that website? To pretend you are cool to girls? It was pretty cool with Generations how Classic Sonic surprises you. I wonder what it will be this time.

Yeah...who knows? I reckon we'll hear something from SEGA around late May or even during E3 (with playable demo). They're certainly being very secretive about it...but that's a positive thing!

I know its unlikely bit I wonder if the All-Stars Transformed DLC will be announced at the same time? Maybe a big Sega news dump at once. They have been keeping very quiet about a fair few things we have heard or been teased that they are or may be working on >.<

http://archives.sega.jp/3d/sonic/

Sonic 1, along with a few other sega titles are coming to 3DS.

I think it might be the enhanced Taxman port too. You can see Sonic spindashing in one screenshot.

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 6

Sweet, I think Ill be getting Sonic 1 on 3DS. Playing with buttons feels so much better than a touch screen!

• Thumbs Up 5

http://archives.sega.jp/3d/sonic/

Sonic 1, along with a few other sega titles are coming to 3DS.

I think it might be the enhanced Taxman port too. You can see Sonic spindashing in one screenshot.

A 3D version of the original Sonic with its parallax background goodness. It will be a sight to behold!

• Thumbs Up 1