Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Wish i could get this on the eshop but my credit card isnt accesible on it... Stupid nintendo...

Wish i could get this on the eshop but my credit card isnt accesible on it... Stupid nintendo...

...prepaid cards?

Edited by Enderwoman
  • Thumbs Up 4

So is this a leak or an actual reveal?

Also, is there %100 percent confirmation that it's the Taxman version?

SEGA has yet to confirm if it is the Taxman version but I doubt it is since it's in fullscreen, while the Taxman port is widescreen. Maybe it's just an enhanced port with 3D visuals and an added spindash.

Edit: What's cool about this port is that there is an option to make it look like you're playing on an old tube television and from what I see on the website this port has several features that are exclusive to the 3DS so I'm guessing it's made by another team.

Edited by lefteri001

SEGA has yet to confirm if it is the Taxman version but I doubt it is since it's in fullscreen, while the Taxman port is widescreen. Maybe it's just an enhanced port with 3D visuals and an added spindash.

I spose its possible that its a port of the Sonic Jam version if it has the spindash available etc? It does seem rather odd they wouldn't use Taxmans one considering how much better than all their other ports and emulations it will no doubt end up being. But if its Sega Japan handling it then perhaps that's why, there's always the impression there that they don't like outside help or influence in the way they do things.

What's that? Sonic the Hedgehog being re-released in 3D?

Guess that's our 3D Sonic game for 2013, guys. And we can't even complain because it's not technically false advertising on SEGA's part.

:P

(...or is it a red herring?)

On a serious note, I'm liking the sounds of this and if it ever comes to the European 3DS eShop I'll probably check it out.

• Thumbs Up 2

Still, 3D effects with old-school parallax could be very cool, and really, buttons are better for old-school games rather than a touch screen. I'll wait and see.

Eesh this is a bit confusing. I really hope it's the Taxman version but I kind of doubt it because we all know how out-of-touch SEGA West and SEGA Japan are.

In any case, since the Taxman version is coming out I'm not sure if I'll be getting Sonic 1 3D (assuming it ever gets localised..). It's nice to see an MD game on the 3DS though.

I'll likely get Sonic 1 3D if the Taxman version doesn't get to any handheld consoles though.. geez SEGA why are you so disorganised :(

SuperLink isn't SuperLink anymore =(

I don't really expect it to be a good port. It doesn't even have the basic widescreen that should just be expected as standard these days, and Lord knows it'll pale in comparison to the quality of the SteahTax version. Heck, I won't be surprised if it's just an emulation. It probably is. 3D is cool, but eh. Don't really care at this stage.

I'd care if it wasn't the worst of the Classic saga.

But surprise surprise, it is.  You know, Sega, just because it's a Classic Sonic game doesn't mean that everybody likes it.

SuperLink isn't SuperLink anymore =(

Is Palutena somehow more SuperLink than Peach? :P

I'd care if it wasn't the worst of the Classic saga.

But surprise surprise, it is.  You know, Sega, just because it's a Classic Sonic game doesn't mean that everybody likes it.

And a bit of this, I enjoy Sonic 1 but I prefer the others, it's a bit annoying that it's ported to everything and their mother (multiple times)

But heck Nintendo do it with the original SMB when we all know Mario World is better.. I guess it's to be expected.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well the 3D parallax effect looked really well done on the Kirby 3D Classic game. Was even pretty good on the Kid Icarus 3D Classic. Sonic's multilayered backdrops would look beautiful with the same kind of treatment. It's kind of surprising Nintendo haven't done a 3D Classics Mario yet tho. The mind boggles.

GUYS GUYS... It's Sonic 1's 22nd Birthday. 

2 ports announced in the space of 2 months...

The signs were all there D:

• Thumbs Up 2

From Christian Whitehead's twitter

@CFWhitehead
Sonic 1 3DS is being handled by a different dev (M2 probs?). Sonic 1 iOS/Android is looking pretty swanky though

EDIT: Argh, I don't know how to use the twitter special code ;_;

Edited by Sephy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aw, damn. There goes all my interest then.................

Same here.

SEGA your disorganisation will be the end of you. Two different ports in the same time period, one which is of substantially superior quality? Jesus Christ.

I'm most annoyed about the fact this practically deconfirms Whitehead's Sonic 1 ever coming to 3DS, which was the platform I wanted it on most by far.

Edited by SuperLink

Same here.

SEGA your disorganisation will be the end of you. Two different ports in the same time period, one which is of substantially superior quality? Jesus Christ.

I'm most annoyed about the fact this practically deconfirms Whitehead's Sonic 1 ever coming to 3DS, which was the platform I wanted it on most by far.

Ok, ok, ok, hold on, when did we see footage of either port (apart form some bizarre music-less capture of Taxman's) in order to determine this?

Ok, ok, ok, hold on, when did we see footage of either port (apart form some bizarre music-less capture of Taxman's) in order to determine this?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Taxman's port will be far better, no ports to come out of SEGA Japan have ever added the amount of care and extras that Sonic CD had.

The fact that the 3DS version is stretched rather than true widescreen is already an indication. Obviously I'll keep an eye on S3D to see how it goes, but my hopes aren't high. Sure, it'll probably be good, but that's not my point.

My point is that other systems will get a superior port and the 3DS (the system I wanted the Taxman version on most) will be the only system getting the inferior one.. (and probably late)! Poetic irony.

Call me conclusion jumper, but I think it's a realistic conclusion going by SEGA's porting history.

Edited by SuperLink

swanky?

Cool/flashy/interesting

Anything like that really.

I wonder why SEGA are wasting resources to make two ports by two different teams. It's so unnatural wacko.png