Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

There has been evidence that they plan to bring the 3D editions to the west. Australia and NZ both had Space Harrier 3D and Super Hang On 3D submitted, classified and rated. Considering how many studios and dev teams, especially indie ones, have commented on the mental price you have to pay to get things rated and classified in NZ and Australia, even bigger companies skipping PSN releases of PSX games etc cause of it. It would make little sense if Sega paid to get this done and didn't have a release planned.

Then again as has been said they have been making odd choices for a while now. I wonder if they worked with Akira(?) who did the Nintendo 3D Classics, they were very well done.

Sega has just announced details of Rome 2's release... as well as one awesome looking collectors edition.

8721796421_e17756553f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

I've never played a TW game, but ugh... Collector's Editions like that make me want to buy it, despite knowing absolutely nothing about it.

... I shouldn't be trusted with money.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sega has just announced details of Rome 2's release... as well as one awesome looking collectors edition.

8721796421_e17756553f.jpg

Looks nice.

Considering that Total War is one of SEGA's most successful franchises and is one of the four IP's that SEGA is focusing on (as announced last year - along with Sonic, Football Manager and Aliens), they better not make a mess of this game like they did with Aliens: Colonial Marines. It's very important that this game is a success.

Edited by -Bender-

Looks nice.

Considering that Total War is one of SEGA's most successful franchises and is one of the four IP's that SEGA is focusing on (as announced last year - along with Sonic, Football Manager and Aliens), they better not make a mess of this game like they did with Aliens: Colonial Marines. It's very important that this game is a success.

The circumstances for this game are so different to that on ACM there there's genuinely nothing to worry about.

Yeah I too am interested in what happened with Aliens:CM. All I know is that it went through development hell.

I can't wait until Creative Assembly reveals their Aliens game. They're an awesome dev, and Aliens is a great IP (well, it has the potential to be great). 

What were the circumstances for Aliens, now that you bring it up?

Basically it comes down to ACM being made by Gearbox and not SEGA, and the series not having the strongest reputation even to start with. ACM was delayed several times too. TWR2 is the next instalment in what's perhaps SEGA's most highly regarded series these days, coming from The Creative Assembly no less. It's a completely different background to ACM. 

Rumor: This may not take you by surprise...A Nintendo (self-claimed) insider was answering some questions on the IGN forums, I asked him about upcoming SEGA titles coming to Wii U and exclusive Sonic titles...his answer was this.

I guess the M&S at Socchi Olympics will be the only exclusive this year. I don't have to worry about getting a Wii-U except for Bayonetta 2 then...shoot...

Rumor: This may not take you by surprise...A Nintendo (self-claimed) insider was answering some questions on the IGN forums, I asked him about upcoming SEGA titles coming to Wii U and exclusive Sonic titles...his answer was this.

I guess the M&S at Socchi Olympics will be the only exclusive this year. I don't have to worry about getting a Wii-U except for Bayonetta 2 then...shoot...

.....so pretty much the same answer that has been said thousands of times?

Me personally, I'm just hoping that the Olympics aren't what counts as a boxed title. We haven't had fresh meat in what is it, 3, 4 years? I want a main title and I think everyone else does too.

The Rome II Collectors' Edition looks sick. I had great fun with the first game, and I'm curious to see what SEGA's done with the brand since the acquisition. I'm trusting them in not having pulled an EA on it.

I'm hoping he's fake.

Because OoT 2 and Bayonetta in Smash are not on my list of things I want.

• Thumbs Up 3

Th fact that this guy basically is saying the next Zelda will be ocarina of time 2 was reason enough for me to call this entire thing false. I'm callin fake.

Th fact that this guy basically is saying the next Zelda will be ocarina of time 2 was reason enough for me to call this entire thing false. I'm callin fake.

He said "in a way". He never explicitly stated it WOULD be OoT 2

Either way, I'm still calling fake, as much as I'd love for a lot of this to be true.

He said "in a way". He never explicitly stated it WOULD be OoT 2

Either way, I'm still calling fake, as much as I'd love for a lot of this to be true.

I did say "Basically".:/ But yeah, this is a rumor, and probably shouldn't be discussed unless proven true.

SEGA, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease put an end to all of these rumours >_<

SEGA's response: "Ha ha, no Shadzter we really enjoy watching our fans suffer in anticipation of the next 3d Sonic". 

PS: It's fake just like all the other silly rumours we've had this year.  

Edited by -Bender-

SEGA, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease put an end to all of these rumours >_<

You know what, I almost want SEGA not to announce anything for a good while yet so that all these people that believe rumours like "Sonic Excursion" and everything else that's equally unbelievable might get some sense knocked into them.

• Thumbs Up 4

You know what, I almost want SEGA not to announce anything for a good while yet so that all these people that believe rumours like "Sonic Excursion" and everything else that's equally unbelievable might get some sense knocked into them.

I did wonder this morning what would happen to everybody if Sega didn't announce any new Sonic games this year (except for the mobile ones).

Speaking of Mario & Sonic..

Why can't they just make an adventure game between them instead of boring uninspired sports games, eesh..

The sales and legacy potential for such a game is beyond anything currently on the market.

Speaking of Mario & Sonic..

Why can't they just make an adventure game between them instead of boring uninspired sports games, eesh..

The sales and legacy potential for such a game is beyond anything currently on the market.

Judging by previous comments from the companies, it's because they can't decide on a middle ground in terms of representation of the franchises. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

Kind of a poor excuse, even Marvel and DC who are actually still genuine rivals are still able to come up with crossover things.

Still, knowing Nintendo and SEGA.. a poor excuse is all they need to silence things.

Edited by SuperLink