Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Speaking of Mario & Sonic..

Why can't they just make an adventure game between them instead of boring uninspired sports games, eesh..

The sales and legacy potential for such a game is beyond anything currently on the market.

The Vancouver DS version was great...I don't know why they didn't kept going that way with the London one...

I thought it had to do with them having issues trying to come up with ways to combine both styles of gameplay into one original style. Or something like that.

@Alex Mixing Mushroom kingdom and Mushroom Hill....hmmm.

Edited by Roxas

Don't see why they couldn't go the generations route. One act for Mario with Mario gameplay and the second act for Sonic with Sonic gameplay :/

You know what, I almost want SEGA not to announce anything for a good while yet so that all these people that believe rumours like "Sonic Excursion" and everything else that's equally unbelievable might get some sense knocked into them.

I wonder is people on the gaming sites finally come to realize that it's fake or they still believe that it's true.

I wonder is people on the gaming sites finally come to realize that it's fake or they still believe that it's true.

If you're talking about the Excursion fake...yeah, I know people that still believe in that...

Don't see why they couldn't go the generations route. One act for Mario with Mario gameplay and the second act for Sonic with Sonic gameplay :/

So basically Generations but with Mario in 2d and not Classic Sonic?:P

I dunno, I always thought they would try mixing eachothers gameplay in some way for each. Be it adding gimmicks from Mario's games into Sonic gameplay, or vice versa. Or just creating one new style altogether that takes things from both franchising.

The Olympic games license is a money maker in general and Sonic is for Sega as Mario is for Nintendo...combine the 3 and you have a great profit there. I know you may be tired of it, but Sega and Nintendo will never get tired of profiting with it

• Thumbs Up 1

I think a simple means of doing the levels for a Sonic & Mario adventure game would be to use maybe 8 or so iconic locations across the histories of the two franchises as main areas with a series of missions, rivals, and bosses present for each. Mario would focus on exploration and platforming while Sonic would be more about high speed action. Thus allowing both of them to be in their elements, yet keeping it from being just a Mario game and a Sonic game slapped together on one disc. For the story it could simply be about the two swapping worlds after some dickery on Bowser & Eggman's part and a quest to collect the 8 emeralds (ME included) and some number of stars in order to unlock the paths back to their homes, all whilst overcoming the obstacles of their once rivals and yadda yadda yadda

They should announce a demo release date like they did with Sonic Generations Classic demo!

They should announce a demo release date like they did with Sonic Generations Classic demo!

Don't you think they need to announce a game first?

And I'd rather they didn't give people demos... too risky with all the assets that are left on them which you can't remove.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh sorry I meant after announcing it properly. Oh you mean the Sonic Retro people who tried to spoil Sonic Generations.

Oh sorry I meant after announcing it properly. Oh you mean the Sonic Retro people who tried to spoil Sonic Generations.

... ... .. no...

I mean anyone with any curiosity who will look in the game files like they do for EVERY videogame.

• Thumbs Up 6

I think you need to take a deep breath Hog Father.

The Sonic Retro people tried to find all the clues in Sonic Generations and spoil the game.

So basically Generations but with Mario in 2d and not Classic Sonic?tongue.png

Mario doesn't need to be in 2D. Neither one does. Just have one act pure Mario gameplay for Mario (Something along the lines of 64 or Galaxy). And one act Boosty Sonic gameplay for, well, Sonic.

Mario doesn't need to be in 2D. Neither one does. Just have one act pure Mario gameplay for Mario (Something along the lines of 64 or Galaxy). And one act Boosty Sonic gameplay for, well, Sonic.

It could be full 3D yeah. I could see that. I just always thought they would end up Taking the 2.5D route with a game like this. I personally wouldn't object to either.

But this is very detracting. If you want, we can take this to the Cross-over topic I made recently, but here isn't the place.lol

The Sonic Retro people tried to find all the clues in Sonic Generations and spoil the game.

I think his point is that if it weren't Retro it would be someone else. In fact correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the first spoilers from hacking the demo actually come from here?

If I take that deep breath, will you take a clue? I'm going to tell you something very shocking. You may want to sit down.

People go through the demo files of every game. In fact The Last of Us had a ton of it's secrets to God of War.

I think you need to take a deep breath Hog Father. The Sonic Retro people tried to find all the clues in Sonic Generations and spoil the game.
People did get assets out of the Generations demo, but this occurrence happens with other game demos as well, not just Generations. At least I think that's what is being said.

eh lots of talk about a crossover in here.

I always assumed the real problem with bringing Sonic and Mario together would be the lopsided developmental demands. Under a conventional crossover, you would hope that you could play both Mario and Sonic for more or less the same amount of time (or at least give the player the option to do so). Looking back at Unleashed, with the Sonic/Werehog split, in order to do that Sonic's stages would have to be utterly gigantic (or simply have more of them) in order to balance out the playtime. That means devs would kind of have to focus an uneven amount of attention to Sonic's half of the game simply because he traverses ground faster. I'm sure that would make a Nintendo rep queasy. If you don't, then like the Werehog before it, then the crossover will be something like 70/30 Mario, which would make a Sega rep ill.

So finding that common 50/50 common ground for a crossover is pretty tricky. In my eyes, the only solution would be having somebody build up a platformer style in both characters are playable in every stage while at the same time developing a playstyle in which these shared worlds arn't too small for Sonic and too big for Mario. Your re-inventing the wheel and being held to the highest possible standards while your doing it. Its development suicide.

So random forum member X who claims to be a Nintendo insider not only has access to all information about Nintendo only products...

But he also has access to multiple development studios from rival companies who are releasing material on rival systems. Which wouldn't happen due to internal NDA's...

And people are talking him seriously?

The forum is being trolled, and even their aware of that.

But people are desperate. They'll take anything no matter how idiotic.

This guy is 100% bullshit. Pure and Simple.

Note he claims "several Sonic games". Umm...NO. That's not happening at all.

I think the main problem with a mario and Sonic crossover would be the two different play styles, it's be like the Werehog all over again, or sonics "shitty friends" and genre roulette, and as much a I enjoy both play styles and would probably love the fawn I dunno how the critics would take it :/