Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

6 games on the 3DS. I guess I can be calm and know that a sonic 3ds adventure is in the works.

I won't be so sure...if we count all the Virtual Console games they were releasing on Japan. They're 3 3D Classics (1 of them, 3D Sonic 1, not released yet) and 3 Virtual Console games (Sonic 2 8 bit, Sonic Drift 2 and Tails Adventure)

Of course, all this considering the games that have not  come out of Japan just yet. Maybe they're already reflected in the report.

Edited by Sephy

Are we in a position to guess what a number of these games might be?

Considering we seem to have no idea if the number is packaged games or digital games or both, that's probably gonna make guesses even harder.

Here's a guess though; at least one of those games is probably a Sonic one maybe !!

I think we can say with fair certainty that one of the games hitting the consoles and the 3DS will be the next main Sonic game. And for example, another for PC would be Total War, since that's getting released in the financial year April-13 to April-14.

But yeah, you're completely right. We can't really start guessing about titles. Anything that's been announced for release between now and next April will go on the list. Everything else is unfounded speculation.

Edited by Blue Blood

5 games on Vita? PSO2 and some fucking Miku game are 2 of them right?

PSO2 already released to Vita in February.

Here's what we have thus far off the top of my head:

11 games on PC - Company of Heroes 2, Total War: Rome 2

7 on Wii U -  

7 on PS3 - Sakatsuku: Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club

6 on 3DS - 

5 on Vita - Sakatsuku: Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club

4 on Xbox 360 - 

2 on PSP -

People lost their mental sanity already, they can and will guess everything. EVERYTHING.

Hey, 6 games on 3DS? "Adventure" has almost 6 letters! Nintendo 3DS, therefore, Sonic Adventure 3 confirmed.

• Thumbs Up 5

Completing your list Barry...

11 games on PC - Company of Heroes 2, Total War: Rome 2, Castle of Illussion (?)

7 on Wii U -  

7 on PS3 - Sakatsuku: Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club, Castle of Illussion

6 on 3DS - 3D Sonic 1

5 on Vita - Sakatsuku: Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club

4 on Xbox 360 - Castle of Illussion

2 on PSP -

Edited by Sephy

Going back to those sales figures, do they take into account digital sales (such as Steam)? I've heard that a lot of the time, only retail sales are counted in most releases of sales figures; which really doesn't make sense considering the growing popularity of digital distribution.

Castle of Illusion is a digital game, are we sure those are being included? How about adding previous years' games to see if they include digital games?

Ionno, including digital games, 7 seems like an absolutely miniscule amount considering how many re-releases SEGA enjoy pumping out via that method, even 11 for PC sounds small. Plus it's a little disheartening to think that all 6 3DS releases for the whole year will be nothing more than scattered VC and 3D Classic releases, don't you think?

Edited by SuperLink

Castle of Illusion is a digital game, are we sure those are being included? How about adding previous years' games to see if they include digital games?

Ionno, including digital games, 7 seems like an absolutely miniscule amount considering how many re-releases SEGA enjoy pumping out via that method, even 11 for PC sounds small. Plus it's a little disheartening to think that all 6 3DS releases for the whole year will be nothing more than scattered VC and 3D Classic releases, don't you think?

capture2nrp2i.png

If we see the 2012 data...there has been 18 3DS titles in 2012...there were only 4 3DS games in physical format in 2012 if I can recall correctly (Crush 3D, Rhythm Thief, Mario & Sonic and Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai)

capture2nrp2i.png

If we see the 2012 data...there has been 18 3DS titles in 2012...there were only 4 3DS games in physical format in 2012 if I can recall correctly (Crush 3D, Rhythm Thief, Mario & Sonic and Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai)

FY Ended 2012 = the year ending April 2012, so it'd be April 2011 to April 2012. This list says that the year ending 2013 only had 3 3DS titles (wow), meaning more than likely it only includes retail releases. Also on that note, Mario and Sonic would have been included in FY Ended 2012 as it was released before April; Sonic Transformed should have been counted in that 3 for FY Ended 2013 as well.

So it might only include western releases, and maybe not digital releases either. Then again, I can't recall if the 3DS even had any western digital releases at all during 2012-2013...

EDIT: Ok yeah, between April 2012 and April 2013, two Game Gear games were released digitally in Europe and many more in Japan, meaning those releases did not contribute to the 3 here.

Soo.. either these financial results are North American specific, or they do not include digital releases.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure it includes digital, as the header reads "shipment data" and you don't exactly "ship" digital titles. Also, the amount numbers seem low given the digital titles we've had on 360 and PS3 - Model 2 collection had four titles, Vintage Collection had two on XBLA and multiple single releases on PSN, also the two Heritage titles.

Oh yeah...you're right tongue.png ...anyway let's see games from 2011 april to 2012 april ...

Thor God of Thunder, Captain America, Shinobi, Sonic Generations, Puyo puyo 20th, Crush 3D, Mario & Sonic, Hatsune Miku PM and I don't know if I should include Rhythm Thief (It was released in January in Japan, but it was delayed till July in US).

And they are...9 physical games, halfway to 18.

And you're right about 2013 o.O Only 3 games (And I only remember SASRT)

One of those 3DS games better be a Rhythm Thief sequel, I swear to god.

• Thumbs Up 7

If it does include digital games, inb4 they're all digital games that got released in Japan a year ago, haha.

(I really hope that's not the case)

Will (fellow SEGAbits admin) clued me into the list.

Digital games are NOT counted. Only retail. Also, these are by SKU, and each region is a different SKU, so if a game is released in three regions that takes up 3 SKUs. So, using the 360 as an example, Between now and March we'd see the next Sonic game released in all regions (3 SKUs) and the 4th is a title exclusive to one region.

More examples:

6 on 3DS could mean two worldwide titles OR one worldwide title and three Japan exclusive titles.

7 on PS3 could mean two worldwide titles and one Japan exclusive title OR one worldwide title and four Japan exclusive titles (more likely).

2 on PSP could (and probably does) mean two Japan exclusive titles.

5 on Vita could mean one worldwide title and two Japan exclusive titles.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

Will (fellow SEGAbits admin) clued me into the list.

Digital games are NOT counted. Only retail. Also, these are by SKU, and each region is a different SKU, so if a game is released in three regions that takes up 3 SKUs. So, using the 360 as an example, Between now and March we'd see the next Sonic game released in all regions (3 SKUs) and the 4th is a title exclusive to one region.

So... in the case of the 3DS last year, there was only one game (ASRT)?

And this year there are only 2 :c one is probably Mario and Sonic.

Ouch... but that certainly does clear things up. I'm glad it doesn't include digital releases, it gives me hope for Virtual Console and more surprise releases n stuff.

Was just reading Dreadknux/Svend's article over at SPOnG and noticed this:

Curiously, its financial statement adds that it "also intends to make our game software compatible with the next-generation game machines, which are due to be launched." Nice.

http://spong.com/article/29529/SEGA-Profits-Rise-as-Sonic-Becomes-Best-Seller

That 4 for 360 is interesting, as 360 rarely has a Japanese exclusive packaged title (Virtual-On Force comes to mind) and typically western titles release in both regions (US and PAL). 

So either it is two Western titles (2 SKU + 2 SKU = 4 SKU) or a worldwide title and a SKU that is locked to one region. 

A question: If I remember correctly Koch Media is the European distributor now, right? Would their stuff still be listed there?

A question: If I remember correctly Koch Media is the European distributor now, right? Would their stuff still be listed there?

Not sure. Also, I don't know if PC titles that are exclusively digital in one region would count as a SKU. 

Re: KOCH:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/28/sega-shuttering-several-offices-across-europe-and-australia/

Taking up distribution responsibilities in lieu of Sega is Koch Media, parent company of Dead Island publisher Deep Silver, who will handle things in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France, and Spain. Handling Benelux and Australia are Level03 Distribution and 5 Star Games, while Sega's London office will remain open in an oversight capacity.

What I get from this is that SEGA West still covers the UK. Also, I think SKUs are based on the three regions. So a game sold in London has the same SKU as a game sold in Germany.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 games on PC - Company of Heroes 2, Total War: Rome 2

Another one for that would be PSO2... and another would be the Aliens game that Creative Assembly are working on. Assuming thats coming out this/early next year. If we're having another multi-format Sonic game, thats almost certainly gonna get a PC port.

Football manager will almost certainly be getting another version for the new season since it's been a yearly thing for a while now.

So thats potentially 6 of the 11 PC titles, and if that includes the Japanese markets, then there will be those random Japanese games which don't get a western release.

PSO2 wouldn't be on the PC list as it is digital and free-to-play, no SKU I believe.

Has it been released in the EU yet? Quite often we tend to get boxed copies of a lot of PC games, though I've no idea if theres actually a CD inside them or if it's just an activation code.