Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

I was thinking. All this SEGA speculation brought 4 news pages to this topic and counting... now imagine what the hell will happen when SEGA finally announce that next Sonic game. I wasn't registered here when Generations was announced, so I even more anxious to see the reactions and gifs =D

Edited by Jango

Has it been released in the EU yet? Quite often we tend to get boxed copies of a lot of PC games, though I've no idea if theres actually a CD inside them or if it's just an activation code.

PSO2 has yet to release West, no date has been given aside from the Spring 2013 which has since been changed to TBD. If they stick with the free to play, which seems to be working, then I'm sure it'll be digital in the West as well.

Has it been released in the EU yet? Quite often we tend to get boxed copies of a lot of PC games, though I've no idea if theres actually a CD inside them or if it's just an activation code.

It's both. You get a CD and an activation code. The code activates it on Steam so you can re-download it and play it without the disc, but the disc in turn means you don't have to download it and that you can play without Steam pestering you to go online.

Could you play PSO2 offline at all? My Internet can get pissy and not even work at times :/

I'd love to be able to play without NEEDING to go online EVERY time because of bad internetz

Could you play PSO2 offline at all? My Internet can get pissy and not even work at times :/

I'd love to be able to play without NEEDING to go online EVERY time because of bad internetz

Has online mode only. To be fair, PSO's offline mode was so friggen boring and depressing.

944358_450722698351465_1108712654_n.jpg

I am reminded of that moment in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when he realises his foot is burning and he screams.

• Thumbs Up 2

Castle of Illusion is a digital game, are we sure those are being included? How about adding previous years' games to see if they include digital games?

Ionno, including digital games, 7 seems like an absolutely miniscule amount considering how many re-releases SEGA enjoy pumping out via that method, even 11 for PC sounds small. Plus it's a little disheartening to think that all 6 3DS releases for the whole year will be nothing more than scattered VC and 3D Classic releases, don't you think?

Will from Sega Bits explains it alot more thoroughly:

"you should point out that their future game forecast is SKU numbers, not game numbers, also it only is for physical games.

so.. the next Sonic game would count as 3 SKU’s per system, considering it releases in all regions, so that would leave 4 SKU’s left

so, sounds on par with their plans, not many boxed games, lots of digital games."

Will from Sega Bits explains it alot more thoroughly:

"you should point out that their future game forecast is SKU numbers, not game numbers, also it only is for physical games.

so.. the next Sonic game would count as 3 SKU’s per system, considering it releases in all regions, so that would leave 4 SKU’s left

so, sounds on par with their plans, not many boxed games, lots of digital games."

Sega doesn't count multiple SKUs per region in their reports, this because the last Fiscal Year they reported their 3DS SKUs accurately as per the games they had released for it that year, so this is a false presumption unless they've changed it since then.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was thinking. All this SEGA speculation brought 4 news pages to this topic and counting... now imagine what the hell will happen when SEGA finally announce that next Sonic game. I wasn't registered here when Generations was announced, so I even more anxious to see the reactions and gifs =D

This place nearly exploded when Generations was announced. I remember it like was yesterday. The amount of gifs, hate, love, fangasms and whatever else you could think of, was un-matched by any game in the past. And don't get me started on what happened when Sky Sanctuary was announced then shown. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Sega doesn't count multiple SKUs per region in their reports, this because the last Fiscal Year they reported their 3DS SKUs accurately as per the games they had released for it that year, so this is a false presumption unless they've changed it since then.

There's the clearin up.

In fiscal year 2012-13 the 3DS supposedly got 3 SKUs, I'm pretty sure the only 3DS games SEGA released in that period were ASRT in US and EU, and a Miku game in Japan, so it adds up.

Edited by SuperLink

There's the clearin up.

In fiscal year 2012-13 the 3DS supposedly got 3 SKUs, I'm pretty sure the only 3DS games SEGA released in that period were ASRT in US and EU, and a Miku game in Japan, so it adds up.

Rhythm Thief.

It launched in Europe in April, and much like Bayonetta which was counted for in the following fiscal year report when it came out at a January, it was most likely counted for their next year. Sega is pretty weird at reports like that.

Rhythm Thief.

Huh

Good point, now I'm confused as heck again. If that's true then the 3DS SKUs should say 5.

Great. Another explosion of facts and rumours.

I'm interested in the figures, but can't figure them out. It just seems so weird.

And if there was an explosion on here when Generations was announced, what would happen if SEGA announces they're going to host a showcase at E3 for all their planned games?

That grabber machine sure looks good. Can't wait to see them around arcades.

Rhythm Thief.

It launched in Europe in April, and much like Bayonetta which was counted for in the following fiscal year report when it came out at a January, it was most likely counted for their next year. Sega is pretty weird at reports like that.

Considering the amount of retail SKUs keep decreasing from them, it lines up with SEGA's strategy of publishing less and less retail titles  each  year and instead shifting focus more towards digital content.

@____@

So then...what is it? 1 game per SKU?

It's obviously 3/5ths of a SKU per two games because none of th makes any isSNES.

• Thumbs Up 1

@____@

So then...what is it? 1 game per SKU?

1 game per region. Asia, Europe and US. 1 game released internationally (Sonic) would be 3 SKU's.

Edited by ChikaBoing

It's one SKU per region, not one SKU per game. Aki-at (covered all the SEGAbits financial reports up til last year) breaks it down:

Lots of things to go through, cannot give my full thoughts since I am a bit busy but will quickly try to go with some rough guesses. Before I carry on, please note 1 sku is for a release in US/Europe/Asia. So Valkyria Chronicles would be 3 skus, Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed would be 2 and Yakuza 5 would be 1;

Playstation 3 (1 sku between Apr - Sep) - Let's Make A... game (Slated for Autumn) and SEGA has a target of 150,000 units from it, roughly.

Playstation 3 (6 sku between Oct - Mar) I assume Sonic will take 3 skus as the series always receives an international release, let's say then that Miku might be the other 2 skus which is probably likely at this point. We have one sku left, which could be a Japan exclusive title indicating Yakuza. In this period SEGA expects to sell 1,170,000, which would seem conservative with the titles I've indicated.

NOTE: Alternatively, Miku could be Yakuza 5 for US/Euro... Pretty please? : (

Xbox360 (No sku between Apr - Sep, 4 sku between Oct - Mar) Again assuming that Sonic is the 3 skus, perhaps the single sku might be a console release in Japan of one of SEGA's arcade titles like Virtual On? In anycase with an estimation of about 690,000 units sold for the FY2014, its easy to estimate that at least 500,000 of those sales is from the new Sonic game.

Wii U (3 sku between Apr - Sep) no idea what this game can be at all but SEGA expects only sales of 170,000 units. Perhaps a late port of an international release? Fits with the 3 skus, it's a bit late now to announce a major new game and release it in September I think... The only series that could be announced by SEGA with relatively little fanfare to be me would be Monkey Ball.

Wii U (4 skus between Oct - Mar) 3 are no doubt once again, Sonic. But the single sku? Again could be a Japan only title. Expecting sales of 780,000, so either that one sku is a massive title for one region or SEGA expects a great chunk of the next Sonic game to sell a large amount of its sales to the Wii U fanbase.

PC (5 sku between Apr - Sep) Company of Heroes releases in Asia, so I'd imagine that takes 3 sku whilst the other 2 would belong to Rome II (Just announced to release in September recently) though I think expecting 860,000 units is really really conservative by SEGA considering the sales history of both Company of Heroes and Total War. Perhaps an indication they expect most sales to go to digital stores instead of packaged goods?

PC (6 sku between Oct - Mar) Football Manager 2014 will no doubt be 2 more sku, while the other 4 sku, perhaps 2 could be Creative Assembly's Warhammer title to be released between Jan - Mar 2014?

SEGA expects to sell 1,720,000 on PC which again seems low to me.

3DS (0 sku between Apr - Sep, 6 sku between Oct - Mar) Again, if we believe Sonic will have a major title out, that would leave us with 3 more skus. 1 is most certainly Project Mirai 2 so that leaves us with a further 2 sku and I cannot fathom what they would be, perhaps a Puyo game? SEGA expects 980,000 of sales from the 3DS, I'd expect about 70% to be solely from Sonic.

PSV (1 sku between Apr - Sep) Let's Make A... Vita version and SEGA expects that title to sell 40,000 units.

PSV (4 sku between Oct - Mar) If again we presume Sonic takes 3 sku, we are again left with 1

sku which can be anyone of the following games in Japan; A new Miku title, PSO2 Ep. II for Vita or a Samurai and Dragon game. Expecting to sell 610,000 though would make a new Miku title more likely if you ask me.

PSP (2 sku between Apr - Mar) considering the 2 sku are in both Q1-2 and Q1-4 and predicting sales of an additional 20,000 by SEGA, I'd imagine these are late Q2 releases. Strangely it won't be Football Manager (Which had PSP releases every year since the PSP was announced) so no idea what this title can be.

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2513.0

Edited by Barry the Nomad

I've already said this but that contradicts their report on the 3DS SKUs. NeoGAF had this debunked.

I've been following these reports for years, and while they can sometimes be off by a few SKUs, by and large they are accurate, and YES, they are by region. I've been through this, expecting a large number of titles on other platforms, and I was wrong. That will be the case this year as well.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Sega+news/news.asp?c=40898

I don't remember seeing 8 Vita titles at E3 last year.

I've been following these reports for years, and while they can sometimes be off by a few SKUs, by and large they are accurate, and YES, they are by region. I've been through this, expecting a large number of titles on other platforms, and I was wrong. That will be the case this year as well.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Sega+news/news.asp?c=40898

I don't remember seeing 8 Vita titles at E3 last year.

Per Master Aki:

If you go to page 5 of SEGA Appendix for the prior fiscal year go to page 5. There check the BREAKDOWN OF REGION, notice Japan/Other is 10 titles (13 sku) US is 8 (18 sku) and Europe is 7 (18 sku) add them all up and what do we get? 25 titles (With 49 sku)

Now go to FY ENDED 2013 table, go to the very bottom and notice is says 49 sku. So yes, SEGA counts first of all, the amount of ports the title has, then the region it was released.

So when is Bayo 2 releasing?

No clue. Could be holiday 2013, could be sometime next year. Development is going smoothly, but not much beyond that. SEGA will probably not share much about the game, given it's PG doing the developing, Nintendo doing the publishing, and SEGA offering up the licence. I don't even think SEGA.com mentioned the sequel in their blog, and to be fair if they aren't making any money on it then they probably don't see a point.

and to be fair if they aren't making any money on it then they probably don't see a point.

?

Surely there is some profit to be had. Why else would Sega agree to let someone else finish development if it didn't benefit the source company in some shape or form?