Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Well that's disheartening--....

Why are Mario and Mario Kart counted as separate franchises?

It's not too bad, though I agree with why exactly Mario & Mario Kart are seperate? Although it does actually put Sega's position in a better light.

If that list is accurate for the last 8 years, then it spams from 2005 - Present day.

So thats just coming out of Shadow the Hedgehog and into Sonic 06 era, and we all know how low things were back then. It's quite a feat for a multiformat title to be in that position, though I do question a few of the results and suspect one or two have been selectively discarded so Ubisofts titles appear to be higher.

For instance... what does Mario & Sonic fall into? Mario or Sonic? They seperated the Mario Kart games... so they've likely seperated ASR & ASRT from Sonic as well right? Mario Kart is listed as Mario Kart wii, so any franchises over a handheld have likely been removed from the count, which again knocks out a good chunk of Sonic handheld titles.

Yeah, I realized I can't read today and didn't note either the time frame the statistics were relevant for or the fact that Sonic climbed onto the list, in which case yeah it's a good thing.... I am so tired.

Yeah, Pokémon isn't even listed so they're definitely not counting handheld sales. Mario Kart Wii was the only console Mario Kart in the last eight years, so that's why the game itself has its own category. I still don't think Mario Kart should count as its own franchise, though.

Edited by XD375

Well, at least it shows that Sonic is still a relevant franchise. Hopefully it'll move up in the next decade.

This is more of an observation than anything mindblowing, but SEGA West have finally acknowledged the existence of Project X Zone on their UK FB page, they link to a Namco competition to win a copy of the game.

So while their involvement is minimal, I doubt they're totally hands off like it seemed they were before.

Sega is doing everything they can to prevent Sega Japan characters to be associated with Sega West. We Sonic fans are too mainstream for Anime characters.

I expected Sonic to be at a higher spot, but it's not to shabby when taking everything into consideration I suppose.

Thought I'd share this interview I've just found from a few weeks back, if only for the fact that it appears to have been removed from the site and can only be viewed via Google's cache. 

Interview with Ben Harrison, HR and recruitment manager, Sega Europe

Dream job: we ask about the reality behind HR’s most enticing roles
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:IDRfrDC1gckJ:www.cipd.co.uk/PM/peoplemanagement/b/weblog/archive/2013/04/25/interview-with-ben-harrison-hr-and-recruitment-manager-sega-europe.aspx+sega+interview&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Did SEGA not want the world to know about the free ice cream on Wednesdays?

People often associate Sega with Sonic the Hedgehog. What else does the company do?

Sonic’s a big character in the gaming industry and is still going strong. We’ve also got brands like Alien, Total War and Football Manager. We’ve moved on from the days of the Sega Mega Drive and are very much an interactive entertainment company. The industry is exciting and fast moving, and now we make games for mobiles and tablets, as well as the PlayStation and Xbox.

To bad I don't really care about those franchises all that much. I mean what about some of you're more interesting and creative franchises like Bayonetta? How about givin them a shout out.:P lord knows those games need some publicity more than those already well selling games.lol

Unrelated information to anything right now but Ubisoft's FY revealed the top 20 most selling franchises within the last 8 years in the industry. Guess who slipped on the 20th spot.capture2gckzu.png
Off-topic, but I really wish they would stop throwing around that "connectivity" word. What does it even mean in this context? It probably can't be anything good...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558326   Looks like we've got some concrete info, courtesy of Segabits/NeoGAF/ShadiWulf.   Sonic Lost World eh?  Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue...
Aaall aboard the hype train! Woo woo!

>Sonic Lost World

And here we go.

Time to see if everyone chews everyone out for how obviously fake it is, or how obviously it isn't. Is it real? Is it fake? WHOOOOOOO KNOOOOWWWWWWWWSSSSS????

Let us all fantasize 10 levels of snake-riding platformy goodness while we fetch the popcorn and watch the fireworks go. Or we could always just go to the copyright website or whatever and see if its really there. Take your pick. tongue.png

Obviously Azoo can't read. Its real, folks.

All aboard the hype train. :V

Edited by Azookara

Sonic Lost World...mmm...that doesn't sound as fake as the previous titles....but still experience has taught us to check everything that shines to wait and see

For anyone with doubts, www.soniclostworld.com has been registered, and looking into it, it was registered by SEGA of Europe.

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 1

That title reminds me of that (awesome) stage from Sonic Adventure. Probably a coincidence, though.

Wait a second, this is real, right? Nobody's pulling our legs or anything? :U

rafiki-it-is-time.jpeg?w=500

....Is what I would normally say in this situation, but there's just been too many fakes and false alarms, just too many.

So I'm just gonna sit, wait, and not get too excited for the time being. 

i want to believe

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 8

While there is no definitive that this is a big game, it is registered by SEGA of Europe definitely, and it is trademarked as a game.

If its iOS or the next big game is something else entirely.

• Thumbs Up 2

While there is no definitive that this is a big game, it is registered by SEGA of Europe definitely, and it is trademarked as a game.

...You're making it harder for me to sit, wait, and not get too excited for the time being. 8U

Please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game please let this be another large-scale sonic game 

...*cough* Sorry about that. I didn't mean to let out my inner fanboy. I'm just a bit more than enthused hearing the game named "Sonic Lost World".

• Thumbs Up 8

Most of the recent titles have sounded a little odd at first, particularly Colours and even Unleashed (I know I thought it sounded strange, not sure if anyone else did XP). This one is admittedly stranger than usual, though.

Still, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I'm not super impatient for the next game or anything, but I was startin' to miss that silly ol' hedgehog.

Sonic Lost World.  Hmmm, a forgotten island which has chaos emeralds...

Those goddamn bastards are trying to get a jump start on a sequel to my Sonic in Jurassic Park video!

Joking aside this is a very odd name for a new Sonic game.

This?

Lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

If this is a large-scale Sonic game, hopefully the stages are designed similarly to the 3D sections of Planet Wisp Modern in Generations.

I wonder how long it'll take for them to officially announce it?

If this does turn out to be real, they better have something referencing lost world from SA. It was pretty demanded in generations, so if they bring the stage back somehow or reference it somewhere,I will be happy.

• Thumbs Up 5

I wonder how long it'll take for them to officially announce it?

My guess is anywhere between the Xbox reveal and E3...or just at or around the timeframe of E3 itself. I mean, they've got the site and trademark already, so it must be soon. Reminds me of how Generations was revealed on Facebook not long after some kind of domain was found or something like that bearing the name.

Edited by Inferno