Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Wow, way to spoiler tag what's obviously going to be the game's title screen!!

Edited by elementofchaos
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm getting this HUGE vibe...that this is going to be another storybook game.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'm getting this HUGE vibe...that this is going to be another storybook game.

Lacks "And the" in the title to be one :P

Sonic Lost World?   Are we getting like......something similar to that SA1 stage?   If so, I expect expanded mythos (possible of Knuckles and his tribe), completely foreign and ancient ruin locales and shit, some weird magic shit maybe?   That would be cool, super keen, swell indeed. Sounds like something they would HAVE to put some time and thought into story-wise, as the title doesn't sound like it's gonna be an immediate lighthearted Sonic game.   Oh shit, actually with Hunnid P saying he's doing the music for the next Sonic game, this...actually fits with my whole possible Knuckles Tribe theory....HOLY SHIT GUYS REMEMBER THIS COMMENT FOR THE FUTURE!
I hate you. I was going to mention Hunnid P! ME!>:| but then YOU had to say it! You will pay.

Soniman's post about this stuff with Hunnid P and echidna tribes

I literally just noted this in a private chat with a friend. You don't get Hunnid P back unless you've got some serious Knuckles action going on, and Lost World is making me think of Aztec echidnas and forbidden jungle civilizations and things like that. I'm hoping this is the case; dinos did nothing for Secret Rings.

And then my hype sky rocketed times a billion. 

If there was a good picture to show me right now, it would probably be this.

kenan-meme-generator-e5a7e4.jpg

Please please please PLEASE?? I pray this is what happens. If not, then oh well, but THIS WOULD BE GREAT. Let us all pray together.

"The servers are the seven chaos. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. Gimme this game. Ok. Amen."

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 6

You know how when you started up Colours and Generations it immediately throws you into the first level?

What if they do that, except this time, you're playing as Knuckles.

What if you immediately hear that voice rapping.

What if.

WHAT. IF.

God dammit I wasn't going to be hyped but now it's HAPPENING

Edited by elementofchaos
  • Thumbs Up 5

Lacks "And the" in the title to be one tongue.png

Don't forget, Sonic and the Secret Rings started life as Sonic Wildfire, so it's not too much of a stretch for Lost World to be a placeholder name until they come up with something different.

Don't forget, Sonic and the Secret Rings started life as Sonic Wildfire, so it's not too much of a stretch for Lost World to be a placeholder name until they come up with something different.

You're killing the vibe man. As much as I admire them as neat little spinoffs, a Storybook title would be such an anticlimactic reveal after all of this time.

• Thumbs Up 7

There are two kinds of hype, regular hype and no hype.

A Storybook reveal would be so devastating it would generate possible anti-hype! I don't think I would want to go through that, not after I got myself excited over mere speculations on my part!

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if it's not a Knuckles-centric game, just something with a wide-reaching scope and an epic feel would be enough for me. I want big Unleashed Modern or fully 3D levels, a relevant story, and potentially apocalyptic shit going on at the very least; none of this milquetoast bullcrap for the sake of pleasing melodramatic gamers and reviewers. Go big or go bust Sega. I know you've still got in in you, you sons of guns.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm waiting for the official announcement, but knowing my luck it will be while I'm at college.

Sonic Lost World, eh? Well that's going to get confusing on search engines if it's true, what with Lost World from Sonic Adventure already being a thing :P

However, I would love for them to expand on the mythos of the series, especially the Echidna tribe. Sonic Chronicles made an attempt at it but for the most part it kinda fell flat. But even if it's another failed attempt, it'd still result in a deeper and more complex story than we've been getting in recent games (unless it's OHAI ECHIDNAS NOW LOOK AT ME BOOST WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!).

I know it won't happen, but for some reason I want the entire game to be set inside the Lost World temple from Adventure, but with some twists...

tumblr_m4g9xs3k8Z1rup3cdo1_500.jpg

Thinking about it, I'm kinda picturing this game as similar to Wario Land 4 in its set up - in the sense of being in a pyramid/temple thingy and then having many different worlds (or *puts on shades* LOST worlds!) that you can access within it through portals or Chaos Control or whatever nonsense SEGA cooks up.

But the main reason this premise would be awesome... it would finally make Knuckles relevant again! And that would just be glorious.

After seeing some of the speculation that it may be another Storybook title, I'm a bit skeptical as I remember reading about a third entry in the Storybook series back in 2010 - 11. A game based around the Echidna's would be interesting but PLEASE, not another storybook game. : /

Wow, can't believe I missed this in the midst of the sexy new Sonic 1 port!

Check it out, guys! It was definitely registered by SEGA Europe as Agent York pointed out! biggrin.png Now I'm excited. 

Edited by Blue Blood

I am now imagining how friggin' gorgeous the levels with lost world trope would look if the game turns out to be real.

ya know guys i sorta just realised this is again a little like SA3. God damn it why do we keep going back to this.

I mean Knuckles, Hunnid-P, Lost World, I'm getting massive Adventure series vibes. GOD FORBIT IT BEING MORE LIKE SA2 THAN SA1.

To be honest, this seems interesting and finally seems like we're getting more playable characters. Pretty hyped about it even though I don't really like the Adventure series as much as all of you. I respect SA1 and it had really nice ideas, but by the time I played it, it had aged terribly.

I'd honestly like them to stick to the Unleashed formula for Sonic though, I mean you guys took so much time and effort on perfecting this formula that is pretty good now, I don't want to see it go to waste :/ And yeah, at least build upon Generations like Generations was built upon Unleashed.

And gimme dat PC port. 

And yeah, I'm happy!

First thing that came to my mind wasn't Lost World of SA1, but actually "Sonic World Adventure". Could we be in for a direct Unleashed sequel?

• Thumbs Up 3

Holy crap, that site was registered by Sega.

Yeah, first thing I thought of was Lost World from SA1, which I'm... not a fan of, as I've said several times before.

the stone snake should be the main character

With a title like this, I'll have to echo the statement of a high chance of Knuckles playing a big role.

...Nah, Knuckles having a large role in a game in the post-06 era? Hah, impossible.

Edited by Super Spindash

First thing that came to my mind wasn't Lost World of SA1, but actually "Sonic World Adventure". Could we be in for a direct Unleashed sequel?

AAAH NOW I'M EVEN MORE HYPED. GOD DAMN IT BLUE BLOOD.

So wait, now the world gets lost and Sonic's in like another world/dimension and he has to save the normal world? AAAAAAH. OH AND KNUCKLES IS DOING AWESOME SHIT.

Man, I better stop visiting this thread so much now. It's getting all my hopes too high up.