Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

First thing that came to my mind wasn't Lost World of SA1, but actually "Sonic World Adventure". Could we be in for a direct Unleashed sequel?

Come on man, I really want to get excited for this game, not the direct opposite

I guess if I could be somewhat of an "old world Sonic Unleashed" with them going full force with the Ancient Ruin tropes with the likes of Labyrinth Zone, Marble Zone, Rusty Ruin Zone, Jungle Joyride, and of course Lost World.

• Thumbs Up 2

You guys let yourselves get hyped pretty easily, even if SEGA registered it there's no way to prove this isn't just going to be a phone game or even an edutainment game where Sonic talks about history or something. :P

And even if it is 3D game, I'm not sure it's wise to jump to all these over-optimistic conclusions.

• Thumbs Up 7

edutainment game where Sonic talks about history or something.

Well, Eggman did want to go back to get his teaching degree at the end of Generations...

Alright, this game's official nickname is Sonic's Schoolhouse 2.

Edited by Super Spindash

Well, Eggman did want to go back to get his teaching degree at the end of Generations...

Alright, this game's official nickname is Sonic's Schoolhouse 2.

Fan subtitle: The Nightmare Never Ends

You guys let yourselves get hyped pretty easily, even if SEGA registered it there's no way to prove this isn't just going to be a phone game or even an edutainment game where Sonic talks about history or something. tongue.png

And even if it is 3D game, I'm not sure it's wise to jump to all these over-optimistic conclusions.

Well, in the past neither of these things has happened for mobile games. In fact, do you know how we found out about Colours? In the exact same way, and then later on that same day (note that today is a Thursday) the game was announced. I think it's justified hype for the first time this year (sans Sonic 1 iOS).

• Thumbs Up 4

Fan subtitle: The Nightmare Never Ends

The hub world is Crisis City Academy: Education for Iblis Worms.

Alright, this is getting kinda silly now. xD

Edited by Super Spindash

If this is either:

A.) "Sonic and the Lost World" - a new storybook game

Or

B.) "Sonic: Lost World" - a new 3D game which is more Unleashed-esque in terms of story

Then I will die of happiness.

Or it could be a mobile game. Eugh.

Edited by Cola

What about a game that compiles all the axed levels from older Sonic games (Sonic 2 Hidden Palace, Dust Hill, Wood Zone etc)?

Robotnik is dicking about with time/space/dimensions, and brings these zones back into existence. Or something.

I wanna get hype, I really do but the last time I was truly hype for a Sonic game(Unleashed) it didn't exactly meet my expectations and I don't feel like getting burnt again. So I'm gonna remain cautiously optimistic.

But my god, imagine..this would be the PERFECT game to reintroduce Knuckles as well as having a massive scale of a game, question is will I finally get my fucking playable Tails and Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe if this has to do with Lost World we'll go to the ruins of Station Square and have a watery Crisis City level. Then I could say Sonic Team listened to me!!!!!!!

No but really I'm curious to see what this is. Not exactly hyped or anything, but I hope there's more scope now the level designs are beginning to improve in scale. Now let's see the presentation do the same. Generations was a best of collection basically, it's kind of difficult to do this shit effectively, but now that's over there's no reason not to go all out (within reason).

And it'd be nice if it was fully 3D as well, even if the boost was still in the game.

Or, this could be something completely different to what we're expecting it to be!

Well, in the past neither of these things has happened for mobile games. In fact, do you know how we found out about Colours? In the exact same way, and then later on that same day (note that today is a Thursday) the game was announced. I think it's justified hype for the first time this year (sans Sonic 1 iOS).

Good point.

Either way I currently find it hard to get hyped, but I am looking forward to seeing what, if anything, is shown. I just hope it's not another storybook game, or that if it is there's a mainseries Sonic game too that is also on Wii U and 3DS.

What about a game that compiles all the axed levels from older Sonic games (Sonic 2 Hidden Palace, Dust Hill, Wood Zone etc)?

Robotnik is dicking about with time/space/dimensions, and brings these zones back into existence. Or something.

That's a really good idea, I'd be game for that.

Yeah, I don't think this will be a mobile game, because both SEGA Europe and SEGA Japan have registered it. If it was just SEGA Europe, then there would have been a high chance of it being a mobile game.

• Thumbs Up 4

I imagine an announcement is pretty close, by now they must expect people to find out about any new domains very quickly so I don't think they would hold it off for very long. There's also the fact that they were only created on the 13th of May as if they were waiting until just before the reveal in case anyone discovered it.

Edited by Liam The Animator

Hahahaha imagine if it was rather Knuckles heavy and they added all the stuff from Chronicles just to piss off Penders *laugh*

I hope the game sucks cause then the Jurassic Park references will have come full circle.

Now that's Chaos theory.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope the game sucks cause then the Jurassic Park references will have come full circle.

Loool nice.

On a serious note, if this is Knuckles heavy or other character heavy or whatever, the last thing this needs is to suck and for Sonic Team to be encouraged to play it safer still. I don't consider playing it safe a flaw in and of itself (Colours and Generations are some of my favourite Sonic games afterall), but I feel they should push the boat out at least a bit more.

I imagine an announcement is pretty close, by now they must expect people to find out about any new domains very quickly so I don't think they would hold it off for very long. There's also the fact that they were only created on the 13th of May as if they were waiting until just before the reveal in case anyone discovered it.

Parts were on the 13th, others only yesterday on the 15th. Again, this is exactly what happened with Colours and Rush Adventure. So you know, I'm expecting an announcement today or next week on the 23rd.

What if it's about the lost world of Atlantis and Sonic must learn to swim? Nah, they'd just have him boost tongue.png

Parts were on the 13th, others only yesterday on the 15th. Again, this is exactly what happened with Colours and Rush Adventure. So you know, I'm expecting an announcement today or next week on the 23rd.

Also happened with Free Riders, if I recall correctly.
  • Thumbs Up 1

What if it's about the lost world of Atlantis and Sonic must learn to swim? Nah, they'd just have him boost tongue.png

Also happened with Free Riders, if I recall correctly.

Think you're right! See, this is why I can't avoid finding myself hyped today. The name of the next Sonic game has likely been leaked, it could very well be announced today AND that on top of the release of Sonic 1 Stealth-Tax. biggrin.png

Edited by Blue Blood

quite off topic, but...

What do you do when your platform already sells and launches video games? Make the platform itself a video game, naturally. Valve announced the beta launch of "Steam Trading Cards" today. The collectible meta-game lets you upgrade your Steam profile by playing games and collecting and trading their associated (virtual) cards.

The trading card system earns you cards for playing supported games, along with collecting and trading. Once you earn enough, you can craft a game badge, which can be used to earn rewards like profile backgrounds, emoticons, and Steam coupons. This also adds a leveling mechanic to your badges, in which you can earn XP to earn rewards like extra friends list slots and profile showcases. Joining the Trading Cards group will put you in a queue to get into the beta, and Valve will be allowing people into it in waves.

So far, the beta supports Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota 2, Don't Starve, Half-Life 2, Portal 2, and Team Fortress 2. Valve promises it will expand to more games in the coming months. You can check out the FAQ for more details.

May be possible new sonic cards when new games release on steam which would be a second for digital trading cards

I really really hope that Knux gets some spotlight, but I REALLY hope that we don't get raps again. I hated them in SA2 and the critics hated them also, which means this game will be rated badly if they are in. 

Also, not getting to hyped until I get something concrete  Overhype will just lead to disappointment and negativity. So you could say I'm excited, but not insanely so yet. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah if the raps are back, the critics and many of the fans will hate them, it's in SEGA's best interests to not include them as anything other than a joke.

Because they're funny, but in SA2's context they were supposed to be taken seriously.

And that shit just ain't much right.

• Thumbs Up 1

Interesting, Sonic Lost World.

The title gives me vibes of another time travel adventure. 

So with the trademark and the domains i am pretty sure an announcement is close. Either after 21st i'd say so Microsoft shows their stuff or maybe E3?

Well i'd like to get hyped for today as well lol but its not the time yet for hype train. tongue.png

Edited by frokenok3