Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

I wonder what mystic civilization/place will be summoned to Sonic's world this time? 

Dinosaurs. Sonic gets transported to an island inhabited by prehistoric beings. ;P

Dinosaurs. Sonic gets transported to an island inhabited by prehistoric beings. ;P

So... Dinosaur Jungle from Secret Rings, but over and over again. I'm game. xD

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 1

If the Lost World thing sticks then it's just going to be a fucking alternate dimension of some sort with unexplored territory.

Sega loves alternate dimensions and the assorted bullshit that comes with them. Think of it like the Twilight Cage from Sonic Chronicles or Blaze's dimension from the Rush series.

*watches everyone moan in disgust over any mention of Chronicles*

Edited by Chooch

So... Dinosaur Jungle from Secret Rings, but over and over again. I'm game. xD

Does that mean we'll hear this song over and over again then?

• Thumbs Up 1

Blazes dimension is a bad thing now?

Because its not Knuckles, but Sega have shown they don't really give a shit about him anymore.

so..I wonder when the actual announcement will be made. as f ar as I know, announcements always came a few days after the trademark discovery. Black Knight for example was trademarked on july 18th 2008..and announced just 3 days later, july 21st. dunno how it was with generations, tough..

so..I wonder when the actual announcement will be made. as f ar as I know, announcements always came a few days after the trademark discovery. Black Knight for example was trademarked on july 18th 2008..and announced just 3 days later, july 21st. dunno how it was with generations, tough..

Generations' announcement was teased by SEGA a couple days before the first trailer, so... Tho I don't remember if the site was already registered with the name "Sonic Generations" by the time.

Edited by Jango

Generations' announcement was teased by SEGA a couple days before the first trailer, so... Tho I don't remember if the site was already registered with the name "Sonic Generations" by the time.

IIRC, we got the domain name registered, then the first teaser with Classic Sonic, then actual gameplay about a week later.

Does that mean we'll hear this song over and over again then?

Needs moar places getting rocked. 

Anywho, HYPE HYPE! 

Blazes dimension is a bad thing now?

I never said Blaze's dimension was a bad thing. I was really referring to everyone's extreme distaste of Chronicles and elements like the Twilight Cage.

I never said Blaze's dimension was a bad thing. I was really referring to everyone's extreme distaste of Chronicles and elements like the Twilight Cage.

I think people specifically hate how those elements are written than simply the concepts themselves.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

Well since Chaos is my favorite god monster, if this thing gets connected to the adventure lore I'll be a-okay

Thinking about it, we all know what Sonic Lost World is really going to turn out to be - an endless towards-the-screen runner where Sonic is being chased by a GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALL OF FIRE!

...with a Knuckles rap remix of the Indiana Jones theme

sonic_lost_world_prin.jpg

You know it makes sense.

Screw those graphics, I want these! >:C

lostworld_shot3.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

Lost World huh, maybe that could be Sonic returning to lost places and finding old characters like...*gets shot*

• Thumbs Up 2

Finally, things are getting interesting. Something about the title felt kind of weird at first, but I guess it has a nice ring to it. I wonder if this is the supposed 2.5D Sonic game that touchgameplay YouTube channel mentioned on their Sonic Dash video.

Lost World huh, maybe that could be Sonic returning to lost places and finding old characters like...*gets shot*

Hey I wouldnt argue with that(*catches the bullet*)

Well, since Iizuka is apparently directing the next game rather than producing it, (can't remember where I read this,) I hope we get a game that sorta brings back the general "feel" of the Dreamcast-era games, in terms of the atmosphere and such, but done better and from a lighter angle, combined with the newer gameplay styles of more recent modern-era titles. ...and 2D Adventure-style boxart [/nostalgia talking]

Hey you guys, space harrier 3D is coming to the west, or London comic con at least give me a sec to grab that link

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/49618/play-wii-u-and-3ds-games-before-theyre-released-at-nintendo-unleashed-tour/

(thanks for the link Shadzter from the Wii-U thread)

Edited by Mandobardanjusik
  • Thumbs Up 2

Seriously, though, I'd rather the game have something to do with the Echidna race than bringing back characters that have no reason to still be around to begin with. 

Well let's see here.

Recently the Summer of Sonic facebook updated and said details would be very soon.

As has been mentioned it's common for some sort of official game to follow a trademark registration.

I think my theory they might bundle Summer of Sonic's announcement and an official game's on the SEGA blog has some merit. It really could be part of a more aggressive approach on the part of SEGA and its divisions in terms of marketing.

Our prayers will be answered soon enough I think.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Seriously, though, I'd rather the game have something to do with the Echidna race than bringing back characters that have no reason to still be around to begin with.

Keep Blaze in her dimensions games like Rush, since it makes no sense to have her keep popping in randomly for tea and biscuits. Put Shadow and Silver in Rivals or spin off gamea since Shadow should have died, and Silvers future got fixed and he shouldn't be randomly time traveling and dicking around in Sonics affairs. Lord knows what to do with Rouge and Cream.

Not saying I would 100% advocate any of this, just trying to figure out what you meant by that.

About damn time, haha. Hopefully it's something really awesome. I'd love to break the PS4 in with a new Sonic game for it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm hoping "Lost Worlds" doesn't have too much to do with Knuckles, if they are actually referencing Adventure for some weird reason. Is exploring a character's mysterious past really necessary? *Stares at Shadow the Hedgehog box art*

Edited by NextGenGamer

I'm hoping "Lost Worlds" doesn't have too much to do with Knuckles. Is exploring a character's mysterious past really necessary? *Stares at Shadow the Hedgehog box art*

The difference? Shadows plot was last seconded after they revived him, and done poorly. Knuckles on the other hand has great potential for a interesting backstory. It was already pretty well established unlike Shadow.