Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

OH SEGA YOU.

Yeah, this must be official. But come on, we're nearing the end of May and still haven't seen anything? I bet you it will be shown at E3 with playable demo!

I just found this whilst browsing through pages I missed...

I've looked up his actual quote.

That was apparently from his Youtube page, in response to a fan praising his music; he said they'd get more when he works on the next Sonic game.

For all we know, he was actually just making a joke (as in a "Yeah, when Sega hires me again, like that'll happen" way). Unfortunately sarcasm doesn't carry well over the internet so...

Goddammit, did you have to ruin it? XP But I'm pretty sure I remember this was actually posted on TSS news page though, I mean the quote saying he was making something for a future Sonic game. So...can you say jumping to conclusions? T.T

Ok, I know we all have sonic on the brain, but once again I will say: 3D space harrier is coming to london comic con, which means it may be coming to the west later this year

Eggman looks really creepy! Whoa.....

What are you talking about? I'm going to rock that mask and get all the ladies on game! o/

I just wish they went an extra mile and gave us an Eggman costume or Metal Sonic parts... Oh well.

Anyway, I wanted to point that this collab is more likely happening because it's Sonic's birthday rather than the new game thing, of course, not saying they won't announce the game (most of the Sonic fans I know in game are speculating with this thing being announced before the PSO2 collab just so Sakai has a trailer to show on all the screens around the server).

Also, hopefully we have a new music theme by then so the lobbies don't play the loooooooooonnnng running "Sonic Heroes",

Ok, I know we all have sonic on the brain, but once again I will say: 3D space harrier is coming to london comic con, which means it may be coming to the west later this year

Honestly not too fussed about this. At best it means we might get Sonic 1 3D, which is only marginally better than every other port out there and far inferior to the StealthTax remake.

Unlikely, but a possibility.

Though that may imply that its a Wii U exclusive, which is a bad idea.

Unlikely, but a possibility.

Though that may imply that its a Wii U exclusive, which is a bad idea.

Wii U Exclusive, ala Colours, would be a bad idea.

Wii U Exclusive, ala Storybook games, is a mixed bag. On the one hand they have system's unique controller to make use of and can spend more time on making that game instead of porting it. But on the other, the install-base for the U sucks hardcore.

But either way, I doubt we're in for an exclusive and I seriously doubt it'll be shown off in the ND.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wait. If sonic lost world will be about Sonic finding a lost world, then it won't be lost, making the title wrong....it should be Sonic FOUND World. Bad jokes aside, great that this has basically been confirmed. Can't wait to actually see something!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait. If sonic lost world will be about Sonic finding a lost world, then it won't be lost, making the title wrong....it should be Sonic FOUND World. Bad jokes aside, great that this has basically been confirmed. Can't wait to actually see something!

SEGA really need to get their fucking act together. They never get names right. I mean, Sonic 1 was released 22 years ago and they're still calling this...

Ghz.png

... "Green" Hill Zone. I'm sorry, but are they colour blind? It's 99% brown! I suggest we make a petition to force SEGA to change the name to Brown Hill Zone so it's more accurate. 

Moreover, I'm thinking some more about the name. "Sonic Lost World" is the first time, we've ever had a game title that suggests the plot elements outside of the storybook series and World Adventure (and the French version of Unleashed was called "Sonic Unleashed: Curse of the Hedgehog or something). Definitely makes me think there's going to be more of a plot going on this time, and that it'll involve the ancient past. Could it be related to Lost World in SA1 and the Echidna tribe? No idea. But I would expect to see at least one ruin stage. And we don't get them much these days. There was Death Ruins in ShTH as the last original one we got. Oooh the possibilities.

• Thumbs Up 3

Angel Island needs to make a return. Absent since SA1. Not even Generations had it!

Edited by ChikaBoing

all hail to Angel Island and the Master Emerald! I hope they'll return. Maybe this game will explain the origins of our favourite gems?

I think the game will just revolve around Sonic going to a lost, undiscovered island with weird geography and landscapes because Eggman has set up shop there or something. I'm not expecting anything big in terms of plot, SEGA's probably still gonna play it safe. And as long as the gameplay is great I'm fine with that. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

Angel Island needs to make a return. Absent since SA1. Not even Generations had it!

And before someone says it, this is just a generic floating island from SSZ and not Angel Island. Though it was in Advance 1 and Chronicles should you want to pay attention to them. And Rivals 1 was set on Angel Island from the future, aka Onyx Island.

I'm not too fussed about seeing anything plot based return until we have some actual details about the game. It's mindless speculation about nothing.

Siliconera have reviewed Sonic 1 3D actually, it sounds disappointing;

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/16/3d-sonic-the-hedgehogs-3d-effects-are-at-best-marginal/

The main draw point, the 3D, is apparently not very good at all, even though stereoscopic 3D it could have been so awesome for a 2D Sonic game! Feels like a missed opportunity. That, coupled with the fact that it's been released at the same time as an infinitely superior version of the game, just suggests an absolute lack of organisation within SEGA!

As for a Wii U exclusive Sonic, I can't imagine the ~big game~ being Wii U exclusive, and while I could imagine a storybook game being Wii U exclusive, I don't think SEGA currently have the man power or money to develop 2 3D Sonic games at the same time. SEGA aren't the game-churning company they were 6 years ago, whatever that means for quality remains to be seen.

Oooh the possibilities.

You could say they're Endless.

Also, for what it's worth, I don't think a plot is something to expect, there's always the chance SEGA are playing it safe, and this is just Sonic Unleashed but in places like the Jurassic Era or Atlantis (by the way, a Sonic world based on Atlantis would be fucking awesome).

EDIT: Isn't Sky Sanctuary part of Angel Island anyway..?

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 2

EDIT: Isn't Sky Sanctuary part of Angel Island anyway..?

sk-ssz-boss4img1.png

Don't think so :P

sk-ssz-boss4img1.png

Don't think so tongue.png

..Oops

Who the heck put random bricks in the sky this time, For some reason I always assumed it was built on top of the place..

MARIO & SONIC AT SOCHI OLYMPICS! How did we know? They announced it at Nintendo Direct

..........Mario And Sonic at the Sochi games announced at Nintendo Direct..............is this our boxed game for this year?