Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

LOST WORLD ON NINTENDO DIRECT!!!!!!!!!!!! WII-U EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I'm getting a Wii-U this year. Took them long enough to announce this shit! Gives me a reason to get a Wii-U, GET HYPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Holy shit, the single bit of Lost World art looked like something out of Super Mario Galaxy! Nintendo partnership in full force? biggrin.png

Looks like it's running off the Sonic 4 Episode II engine

EDIT: Sonic Lost Worlds. So far the only reason to get a Wii U...

Edited by lefteri001

I'm waiting for more info, as that Direct seemed to suggest that more would be announced in the next one.

Andso the WiiU loses EA, but gains SEGA. Didn't I say SEGA was fully supporting the WiiU?

I'm happy that SEGA is supporting the Wii U.

So that's one thing we can add to SEGA's list of plans for this year;

• Some bizarre Wii U partnership

Ok got it. I seriously hope this means we can expect nice digital support from SEGA, because their digital support is pretty bad for Nintendo in recent years. Where's all the digital classics and VC games?

Also I guess we can expect Sonic to return for Smash 4 now.

Edited by SuperLink

Alright, I now know that Sonic Lost World is official, I saw 1 screenshot. Welp, time to slowly disappear from the Internet. I don't want to spoil the entire game and end up unsatisfied like what happened with Generations

Also I guess we can expect Sonic to return for Smash 4 now.

Ooh, that's an excellent point. With a Lost World themed stage, maybe?

• Thumbs Up 2

YAKUZA??? O____O

SEGA, don't u dare to plan something Shenmue-ish as a WiiU exclusive... it would be like collide matter with antimatter

Ooh, that's an excellent point. With a Lost World themed stage, maybe?

Hope so! Also if he's being included from early development, we can probably expect a much better moveset and a lot more new music remixes.

Still this is just speculation, he may not be in SSB4.. I just think it's more likely now that we know SEGA and Nintendo still get on well.

The one bit that gets me is the wording - "Exclusive worldwide partnership to produce Sonic games".

When I read this, I read that Sonic is now, outside of mobile, exclusive to Nintendo platforms - also reads that Nintendo are also allowed to develop Sonic games themselves.

Very interesting, but this'll need some clarification.

There's a press release which talks a bit more about it but doesn't really clarify anything about this "exclusive partnership"

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The next title in SEGA’s Sonic the Hedgehog franchise will be exclusive to Nintendo’s Wii U home console and Nintendo 3DS portable system. Nintendo Global President Satoru Iwata announced the details of a new partnership with SEGA during a new Nintendo Direct video announcement today. Sonic Lost World is a new action platforming game, and more information about it will be announced before the E3 2013 video game trade show begins on June 11.

The Nintendo Direct also announced Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games for Wii U, and revealed that additional SEGA Game Gear games would be coming to the Virtual Console service for Nintendo 3DS. Outside of SEGA news, Nintendo announced that select Wii U games featured at E3 2013 will soon be playable at participating Best Buy stores, the launch date for New Super Luigi U, new Pikmin 3 game details and additional information about a variety of previously announced Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games.

“The onetime rivalry between Mario and Sonic has grown into a friendship that has never been closer,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “These announcements in conjunction with SEGA demonstrate the commitment we have to bringing great games to the Wii U platform, and set the stage for our upcoming announcements at E3.”

More information before E3...

Sonic: Lost World is at E3 then XD

EDIT: Courtesy of Eurogamer, it seems that this exclusive partnership means the next THREE Sonic games are exclusive on either Wii U, 3DS, or both.

The first two games are the ones we've heard about today - Sonic: Lost World & M&S Sochi 2014. The third title will be revealed at a later date.

More information before E3...

Sonic: Lost World is at E3 then XD

EDIT: Courtesy of Eurogamer, it seems that this exclusive partnership means the next THREE Sonic games are exclusive on either Wii U, 3DS, or both.

The first two games are the ones we've heard about today - Sonic: Lost World & M&S Sochi 2014. The third title will be revealed at a later date.

That's not a very extensive partnership! I knew everyone was worrying too much.

Um, aren't Mario and Sonic games exclusive to Nintendo consoles anyway?

If what you say is true Gavvi, it's two more titles we've yet to hear from, not one. Because Mario and Sonic is exclusive to Nintendo consoles - for obvious reasons.

I might be wrong but, you never know.

Obviously M&S games would be Ninty exclusive, yeah XD

The article does say that there's a third to be announced, though, so the M&S game is included in this partnership.

That's not a very extensive partnership! I knew everyone was worrying too much.

Well...if it's another "main" Sonic game ala Lost World, and they generally have a 2 year dev cycle..you're talking about a partnership running until at least 2015.

Obviously M&S games would be Ninty exclusive, yeah XD

The article does say that there's a third to be announced, though, so the M&S game is included in this partnership.

My guess is the next one will be M&S 2016.

Tbh this is just as "exclusive" as things were when Colours was confirmed, not really anything for other system owners to worry about!

Might the third be a Sonic Chronicles sequel?

and maybe, and most hopefully, the next game could simply be Smash Bros X Sega, a Nintendo VS SEGA clash of titans with finally a GOOD fighting game mechanic?