Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Third Sonic game, huh?

Calling a third Storybook after all this time.

Probably won't get it until Spring 2014 though.

But hey, something to look forward to finally!

I do wonder if SEGA would consider a Wii U-exclusive fighter with Nintendo but... I think Transformed established those kinds of spinoffs will be multiplatform.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Did the Storybook games even sell well enough for a 3rd installment? I know they said it was a trilogy and I know many many people who have (sadly) played Sonic and the Secret Rings, but as for Sonic and the Black Knight I only know 1. I don't think we'll ever see the 3rd entry in the series.

Edited by lefteri001

Did the Storybook games even sell well enough for a 3rd installment? I know they said it was a trilogy and I know many many people who have (sadly) played Sonic and the Secret Rings, but as for Sonic and the Black Knight I only know 1. I don't think we'll ever see the 3rd entry in the series.

I think they dropped the franchise because of their new "badly reviewed Sonic games will be dropped from retail to strengthen the brand" thing. That series has a bad reputation, they didn't want to revive it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was just thinking on titles that would be justified as Nintendo-exclusive but I suppose going elsewhere makes sense.

Unless we get an Episode 3.

...which would be hilariously dumb in and of itself since SEGA's console flipping with the last one pissed so many folks off.

I think Episode 3 is impossible at this point. Because of the new partnership, they won't be able to put it on a Nintendo console since Episode 2 was never released on Wii or Wii U. So it would just be odd to jump from Episode 1 to Episode 3 for Nintendo console owners.

I think Episode 3 is impossible at this point. Because of the new partnership, they won't be able to put it on a Nintendo console since Episode 2 was never released on Wii or Wii U. So it would just be odd to jump from Episode 1 to Episode 3 for Nintendo console owners.

Unrelated to the partnership, but I'm still hoping for a "Sonic 4 complete" with improved stage design, proper lock on and improved physics :/

Just so everybody knows.

Stuff on 'The Lost World' Goes here.

Mario & Sonic At Sochi goes

That way we can keep this topic as tidy as possible.

In other Sega news.

Yazuka HD is no a Wii-U exclusive.

Sega Europe will now only make PC games.

Sega Europe will now only make PC games.

Ok so I heard of this in passing and just thought about it a little more.

Does this mean they'll only develop PC games? Or that they won't even publish non-PC games?

If they'll only develop PC games that's not too weird, what else did they even develop that people loved in the first place?

It's not common at all for a company's 3 branches to all develop different games past localisations, usually just one or two branches.

Edited by SuperLink

Isn't SEGA Europe just basically the Total War people? Isn't that what they were doing anyway? 

Isn't SEGA Europe just basically the Total War people? Isn't that what they were doing anyway? 

Well it sorta depends what you consider Sega Europe.

But yeah now that you mention it, I think most stuff made in Europe is PC or digital anyway.

You... You don't think... he knows something we don't... do you?

> Nintendo and SEGA partnership

> new Mario Kart game due to be announced

OH SHIT

• Thumbs Up 1

Literally just saw this on GoNintendo after your status update. Can today get any better? Like, really?

• Thumbs Up 2

Maro Kart Vs Sonic & All-stars?

Holy F%$K.

Now that would be a game right there.

... .. ....

sonicmariokartemj5c.png

You... You don't think... he knows something we don't... do you?

...Holy.. shit...

Will Sumo be working with Nintendo on the next Mario Kart!? Will Sonic be in it!?

I can't handle the implications of this, it's beyond hype.

• Thumbs Up 2

Things get curiouser and curiouser

I mean mario kart could use a boost, and that woudl proably be one of hte biggest sellers of ALL time on a nintendo system, specaily after the previos all-stars racing games, and the Kart rep

I really dislike using memes, but...

shut_up_and_take_my_ring__by_itshelias94

• Thumbs Up 3

Get those Wii U's and 3DS' bought kids, we're in for a ride now :D

At this rate we're going to have a Mario and Sonic crossover game in every genre except the one everyone wants - a platformer.

• Thumbs Up 4

If there's some kind of Wii U exclusive crossover kart game..

I think the Wii U might actually sell pretty well.

Because that's the kind of thing that a ridiculous amount of people would like to play, I think. Far moreso than the weirdly popular Mario & Sonic series.

EDIT: Of course if could all just be a teasing "what if". The tweets are quite old, I don't know if they really imply anything.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

LOL, what if we had a J.J. Abrams situation on our hands, where Nintendo liked Sumo's efforts so much that they tapped them to develop a Mario Kart game?

• Thumbs Up 1

At this rate we're going to have a Mario and Sonic crossover game in every genre except the one everyone wants - a platformer.

Hey! That's what I said! :P

... And now I'm imagining a Mario & Sonic first person shooter. Pffft.