Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Mario and Sonic All-Stars Racing...

Allow me an hour to get the assets and I'll have a gave cover made on this.

If only it could actually be announced.

I now understand why there are no leaks coming out of SEGA and even Nintendo regarding this topic. It all looks to get interesting regardless.

Would the Sega franchise characters automatically get the axe in such a crossover? I mean, the incentive would probably be to plug in maximum Sonic franchise characters for this kind of thing...

Would the Sega franchise characters automatically get the axe in such a crossover? I mean, the incentive would probably be to plug in maximum Sonic franchise characters for this kind of thing...

Why do that? Why not use it as a chance for finally pulling other Nintendo characters onto the race track?

Imagine Ganondorf driving a swanky motorbike, getting the All-Star, and becoming giant pig Ganon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wouldn't Sonics all star move be better as him just jumping outta his car and running though :P

Are we now in a position to guess what those potential Sega games might be now that we know the Nintendo ones are going to be Sonic?

Yazuka HD is no a Wii-U exclusive.

Sega Europe will now only make PC games.

To the above, that is shocking. Have no idea why they decided to port it over to the Wii U (although i guess to investigate the potential market (if any) for that type of game). Not to mention is available on the PS3 already, but i would have assumed a PS3 European release before a Wii U release.

As for the latter, makes sense I guess considering the success of Football Manager and Total War.

A Nintendo/SEGA racing game would be really genius. All Stars and Mario Kart are the two strongest racers by a massive margin. If they decided to pool their resources...

You know, the more I think about it the more I like this partnership.

On the other hand, Steve Lycett also hinted we'd get a Sonic fighter or Sonic soccer game. So. Don't hold your breath. The guy is a MASTER at teasing you.

...Holy.. shit...

Will Sumo be working with Nintendo on the next Mario Kart!? Will Sonic be in it!?

I can't handle the implications of this, it's beyond hype.

Its rumored that retro also helped with making a DK track. The hype for the next mario kart is growing well.

Its rumored that retro also helped with making a DK track. The hype for the next mario kart is growing well.

Wasn't this for MK7? 

Wasn't that the concept behind Sonic Dimensions?

Speaking of which, it seems that in the long run, that rumor might hold some merit, regarding that it did correctly predict the Sega/Nintendo partnership.

Edited by Gabe

I just decided to watch the Japanese Nintendo Direct from yesterday. Turns out there wasn't just a Nintendo Direct in Japan yesterday. They got... something else.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 7

http://news.yahoo.com/sonic-hedgehog-vid-games-coming-nintendo-144202899.html

"With 'Sonic Lost World,' we're going to introduce new gameplay and enemies, which is always fun," said John Cheng, president and chief financial officer of Sega of America Inc. "In terms of Sonic and his friends, he'll have his same friends there, and I think there'll be some new ones as well. It's not a reiteration. It's going to be all new."

New Gameplay? Awesome!

Edited by spoe

Why not a Crash Team Racing/Sonic All-Stars crossover? =C

Crash Bandicoot is dead.

I'm sorry to say it but it's true. While his trademark was renewed and everything, the owners just seem to be sitting on it.

I am really curious where Sumo intends to go with the next All Stars title, though. They've made two great hits, so I'm curious if they plan on going with another racer or branching out into a different genre.

If a Mario and Sonic kart racing game happen, I would die of happiness. Especially if SUMO was behind it in any form.

I just decided to watch the Japanese Nintendo Direct from yesterday. Turns out there wasn't just a Nintendo Direct in Japan yesterday. They got... something else.  
They should totally have spin-off commercials like those guys from the PC/Mac commercials.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sega Direct!

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't know if this has already been posted.

Lots of old Sonic games on the way to 3ds:

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=39009

Nintendo 3DS News

SEGA Game Gear: Games from the classic hand-held system are headed to the Virtual Console service. These include:

• Columns
• Crystal Warriors
• Defenders of Oasis
• Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
• G-LOC: Air Battles
• Shining Force II: The Sword of Hajya
• Sonic Blast
• Sonic Drift 2
• Sonic Labyrinth
• Sonic the Hedgehog
• Sonic the Hedgehog 2
• Tails Adventure
• Vampire: Master of Darkness

http://segabits.com/blog/2013/05/18/a-ton-of-game-gear-games-coming-north-america-for-3ds-including-shining-force-ii/

"Nintendo announced the following Game Gear games would be coming to North America on their Nintendo Direct presentation."

Edited by -Bender-

If I want to play any of those Game Gear Sonic games I'll just get out Sonic Gems Collection. And I have Columns through the Wii Virtual Console in the first place. 

The things I would do for Yakuza 1 + 2 HD for Wii U in the West. I would do even worse things to get them on PS3 to have them all on one system, but I'll take what I can get.

Also totally going to get Shining Force II for 3DS VC Game Gear. Can't pass on classic SF.

I feel that the 3rd should be one of the following from personal preference:

1. Next mainline after LW

2. Riders 4

3. Racing 3

I'd love a Riders exclusive to Wii U, especially if it's more "tricked out" like the original, didn't like the automated tricks/jumps in ZG. The air system was unique as well.

And my idea is, put Sonic in Mario Kart U, and Put Mario in Racing 3 or Riders 4 (kinda like what was once rumored for the original I think by NP).

I don't want an actual Mario Kart x Sonic All-Stars Racing game, I want my Mario Kart and Sonic Racing game two separate games but with the stars crossing over in each.

I feel that the 3rd should be one of the following from personal preference:

1. Next mainline after LW

2. Riders 4

3. Racing 3

I'd love a Riders exclusive to Wii U, especially if it's more "tricked out" like the original, didn't like the automated tricks/jumps in ZG. The air system was unique as well.

And my idea is, put Sonic in Mario Kart U, and Put Mario in Racing 3 or Riders 4 (kinda like what was once rumored for the original I think by NP).

I don't want an actual Mario Kart x Sonic All-Stars Racing game, I want my Mario Kart and Sonic Racing game two separate games but with the stars crossing over in each.

I think riders died after All-stars was created. shame cuz I liked riders 1

Put my vote in for an entirely new spin-off series with its own gameplay gimmick.  I'd say a new 3DS-exclusive series in the lineage of the Advance and Rush games, but with three main series games in a row now adapted for handhelds (Colours, Generations, Lost World), I simply don't think an original series is where their priorities lie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic's japanese official YouTube account:

Probably doesn't mean anything, but it's nice anyway.