Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Definitely doesn't mean anything- it's a 20th Anniversary trailer :P Nice all the same though.

Interesting to see what they included and what they didn't, for example, they included the Advance, Rush, Free Riders and Storybook games, but didn't mention a single Game Gear game, Knuckles Chaotix, Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, Rivals, Chronicles, or Sonic Riders 1/2.

Edited by SuperLink
  • Thumbs Up 1

Interesting to see what they included and what they didn't, for example, they included the Advance, Rush, Free Riders and Storybook games, but didn't mention a single Game Gear game, Knuckles Chaotix, Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, Rivals, Chronicles, or Sonic Riders 1/2.

That's how it's always been for some reason most of the time (Sonic Riders is kinda intermittent in being represented). I suspect Free Riders is only there because it's still relatively new. 

Also Shadow likely wasn't mentioned because it's a Sonic timeline. Sonic was in it, but he wasn't important. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

What I find odd about those timeline videos is that they use Sonic 2's beta running animations when it shows the year 1992 during the start bit. Bunch of big teases :/

I just decided to watch the Japanese Nintendo Direct from yesterday. Turns out there wasn't just a Nintendo Direct in Japan yesterday. They got... something else.

Nintendo and Nagoshi everybody!

You know what that means:

F-Zero GX Sequel!

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/25/sega-developing-guild-vs-guild-action-rpg/

"Sega is making a bigger push into the mobile market with help from Aiming. The two companies are working on a couple of multiplayer mobile games like the combat oriented, side scrolling game Record of Phantom Tower Griffon.

Four players can link up on this action RPG to explore dungeons and fight monsters. Or if you prefer PvP, Record of Phantom Tower Griffon has four vs. four guild battles. Defeating a rival guild is a good reason to level up your Paladin and gain better skills to protect your party, right?

Record of Phantom Tower Griffon is slated for release on iOS and Android devices this June. While this specific game has not been announced for the West, the Aiming partnership is a worldwide agreement and the titles will be published under the Sega X Aiming brand."

Sounds interesting. Hopefully this will get released in Europe and NA at some point.

Edited by -Clara Oswald-

I don't know if this is important but I was strolling around in a mall here in my city and found this:

wp000404n.jpgwp000403.jpg

So Sega sponsors rally cars?

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know if this is important but I was strolling around in a mall here in my city and found this:

wp000404n.jpgwp000403.jpg

So Sega sponsors rally cars?

Maybe SEGA Rally is going to return after all?

Oh, if SEGA Rally returns...

Fond memories on the arcade version. Never experienced a full game of it on a console, but would love to.

I remember playing the DC version with the steering wheel, wasn't too bad if I remember correctly.

Well they did an online version for the hd's consoles, no?

And aren't they arcade racers, since Sega is so big in arcades in Japan it would be reasonable if they are making a new one, right?

Well they did an online version for the hd's consoles, no?

And aren't they arcade racers, since Sega is so big in arcades in Japan it would be reasonable if they are making a new one, right?

Well racing games aren't really popular anymore as arcade games.

Well racing games aren't really popular anymore as arcade games.

Well that's to bad. I had some fun with them...

Dunno if someone wants to write a post about this or just keep it here in the forums. But seems we have some Ryo, or in best case scenario Shenmue news on the way.

Perhaps All-Stars Transformed DLC, perhaps something else.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14960/article/shenmue-voice-actor-teases-fans-with-pictures-from-sega/

I'm hoping for a Shenmue HD Collection followed by Shenmue 3 if all goes well :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok why is that not getting more attention! That is too much of a tease to be anything but Shenmue related!

Ok why is that not getting more attention! That is too much of a tease to be anything but Shenmue related!

I'm guessing it's just Ryo DLC for ASRT, he won the vote by far afterall.

I'm guessing it's just Ryo DLC for ASRT, he won the vote by far afterall.

Maybe, but I would love to see at least a HD remaster of the first two games. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of releasing the DLC together with Shenmue 1 HD or something like that. 

Sega Spectrum logo sparks E3 console and service rumours:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/28/sega-spectrum-logo-sparks-e3-console-and-service-rumours/

"Sega could be gearing up to announce something called Spectrum at E3 2013, according to a photo unearthed online.

Sega-Spectrum-600x395.jpg

The above photo bears the month of June below, suggesting that it’s related to some kind of E3 reveal. The Japanese text reads, “A new world of entertainment.”

Since the image surfaced, some sites have speculated that the logo is for a new Sega console, which seems highly unlikely at this point in time. Instead, it could be a new digital service or method of pushing out arcade content in Japan, similar to the company’s Ringwide technology that came into affect a few years ago.

Either way, the floor is now yours readers. What do you think this relates to?"

EDIT: This was already covered last month in this topic. Almost certainly fake.

Edited by -Clara Oswald-