Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Ok why is that not getting more attention! That is too much of a tease to be anything but Shenmue related!

I guess it was bound to get overshadowed by the Sonic Lost World stuff huh. I'm still excited at the possibilities. Hoping they mention it at E3 or something.

Okay.... so a Yakuza fan emailed Sega asking about Yakuza 5... specifically, was it coming to the west... this was the reply.

Eugene, May 20 08:53 (PDT):

Hello Loyal Fan,

I cannot comment.
Stay tuned to the Sega site.
Good information.

An original haiku by the Sega staff

Regards,
Eugene
Sega of America
Customer Support

They wrote his responce in haiku.... "Good information" unofficial confirmation anyone?

http://yakuzafan.com/post/50925972400/my-email-to-sega

Can all the SEGA Orbi conspiracy theorists please stand forward? Okay, is that everyone?

You were wrong.

Destructoid

Sega and BBC Earth team up for Orbi attraction

When Sega trademarked the name Orbi the internet went nuts. New console? New game? Nope. It's a new interactive experience coming to Yokohama, Japan this August.

Sega partnered with BBC Earth to create Orbi, an innovative museum-type space that looks to celebrate Earth, animals, and dubstep. This new promotional movie, released by Sega Japan this morning, looks like a future zoo with interactive and maybe even holographic elements. And I'm a sucker for those 360 degree theaters. Not enough penguins, though. They still have time to work that out.

I'm a huge fan of zoos and animals, so I admit to getting goosebumps from this video. Those looking for a new Sega system will be disappointed. Sorry.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 9

Wow, that looks significantly cooler than what any of those "Sega Orbi" console rumors could've ever amounted to.

Edited by Komodin

SEGA Orbi...

And right off the heels of finishing my conservation-related studies, too. 

Can all the SEGA Orbi conspiracy theorists please stand forward? Okay, is that everyone?

You were wrong.

Destructoid

LOL!!!

RE2010 is going to be happy

• Thumbs Up 2

SEGA Brings Sonic Titles to Ouya   Will be optimised, but more expensive, on crowd-funded console.

SEGA has announced a commitment to publishing titles on the crowd-funded Ouya Android console, starting with three Sonic the Hedgehog games.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II and Sonic CD will be made available on the disruptive platform a few days after its June 25 launch - on June 27. Although these games are already available on Android, these games will reportedly be optimised to use Ouya's Tegra 3 processor.

All three games will also adopt the console's free-to-try approach to game distribution. Which basically means that demo versions will be available. The first level of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I and Sonic CD will be on offer to try, while Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II will offer the first two levels.

They will cost $6.99 each on Ouya - a higher cost than their iOS or Android counterparts (ranging from $1.99 to $3.99, depending on game and platform). Additionally, Ouya does not allow access to Android's Google Play store, choosing to curate games developed specifically for its platform.

"There were a couple of things that were exciting about Ouya," SEGA America's David Zemke said to GI.biz. "One is obviously that it's a great gaming platform on a new device. When you get the chance to hook it up to an HDTV and watch it on a big screen, it's actually quite impressive.

"It's [also] disruptive technology, right? It's fun to see what these technologies can do and be a part of it from the beginning. For those two reasons alone, we've looked at it as yet another reason to bring some great Sega content to a whole new audience."

Zemke added that only these three games are planned for release on Ouya right now as part of the publishing deal - suggesting that SEGA is testing the water of Ouya player adoption before diving headfirst into further commitments.

Yeah I just saw that on the blog. Pretty cool.

Too bad it's only the ps3 one, I would like to have that on my psp.

Remember not very long ago I posted that short news item about Sega being at Paris promoting Golden Axe, Streets of Rage and Altered Beast?

And we all assumed it was Insert Coin clothing? Well... it's not... it's a little more exciting than that.

Typically, Sega have been selling the Sonic license to toy makers and other product makers, normally other merch for Sega games is normally promotional and only ever released when the game is.

Well, it seems that Sega are actually going to license out some of their older franchises.

At the Vegas Licensing Expo. Sega will not only be selling the Sonic license, but also selling the license for Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Shinobi and many others!

0Hwehd6.png

So next year we might actually start seeing videogame merch based on classic Sega titles... now I wonder, if we all buy streets of rage toot, can we have a new game?

• Thumbs Up 1

It depends on whether the licences are bought and what the licensees decide to do with what they have.

Looks like the second SEGA Pluto prototype has been sold. 

http://sega-addicts.murnaumusic.com/?p=38930

plutonew.jpg

"When the first Sega Pluto’s existence came into public awareness, it sent the world into a frenzy desperate to find more. In turn came the second known Pluto a few days later, purchased by a Sega enthusiast at a flea market for $1, having no idea the modified Saturn was such an important part of Sega history. Roger Vega, said enthusiast, seems to have cleaned his hands of the console and has agreed a sale.

Twitterer @lastmanoftruth was seen discussing the potential sale with Vega, and when asked a while later what the current state of the console was, he replied “it’s effectively sold to me.” He earlier noted the sale was somewhere in the region of $9,500 – $15,500.

It’s a little odd seeing an agreed price that low considering Vega’s auction reserves not being met on different occasions, one at that same $15,500 price, but it’s possible Vega just wanted the piece of gaming history to go to the right home, seeing as all of the money from the sale is being given straight back to his parents anyway (because Roger Vega is a cool guy.)

Of course, no sale is certain until it’s done and dusted."

Edited by -Bender- Super King

The second has finally been sold eh? Nice to see Vega is more about the console's history and the money from the sale is being sent to his own family.

Oh, and I made a SEGA Pluto topic but it's probably dead now lol.

Edited by TheChaosBlue

Remember not very long ago I posted that short news item about Sega being at Paris promoting Golden Axe, Streets of Rage and Altered Beast?

And we all assumed it was Insert Coin clothing? Well... it's not... it's a little more exciting than that.

Typically, Sega have been selling the Sonic license to toy makers and other product makers, normally other merch for Sega games is normally promotional and only ever released when the game is.

Well, it seems that Sega are actually going to license out some of their older franchises.

At the Vegas Licensing Expo. Sega will not only be selling the Sonic license, but also selling the license for Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Shinobi and many others!

Y'know, my Dad's always told me that if I wanted to get into selling licensed goods he'd be willing to support me. Were it not for my personal doubts on my ability to do so successfully (don't own a factory and the like), I would totally be getting in on this. Money + enjoying what you do to make it? Sign me up!

The Sega E3 lineup has been announced, Sonic Lost World, Castle of Illusion, Company of Heroes, Total War: Rome II and The Cave. Not very exciting.

Edited by El Driver

Don't know if this is an event SEGA's holding at E3 or just the time period when GAME are going to check out SEGA's booth at E3, but I thought it was worth posting. 10:15-11:45 Pacific Time on Thursday.

BMKxsqPCIAA4f02.jpg
#GAMEatE3 - Everything else has a lot of personal information on so we'll leave you with my personal diary.. Packed! pic.twitter.com/3S4yfNVdFF

https://twitter.com/GAMEdigital/status/343031902434893824/photo/1

Sega are actually advertising their stuff at E3.

e3-2013-photo025-noscale.jpg

Tell me this isn't the Sega booth?

e3-2013-photo048-noscale.jpg

Look to the left, The Cave and... something else with the Sega logo.

Yeah but they're re-releasing it for something like the ios.

Massive Sonic licensing interview on pages 70 and 71.

Nothing really too new, other than the F4F mini figures were the most popular toys they've done and again they mention Golden Axe, Shinobi and Altered beast will be getting some stuff.

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A28224/LTWJune2013edition/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Ffree.yudu.com%2Fitem%2Fdetails%2F955741%2FLTW-June-2013-edition

Sega's E3 booth tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnqPH8h4nlo

It is so weird to see a SEGA employee with the Soviet flag. I understand why but... wow. I guess Sonic really is a communist after all!

Anywho. Will definitely get Rome II; I loved the first one and that was before SEGA acquired the Creative Assembly. I will be happy to buy this... if solely to demonstrate I do follow one franchise of theirs besides Sonic!