Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

You know whats really strange and a little worrying?

With the exception of Lost World.

Sega didn't show a single next gen game at E3.

Unless, with the exception of the PC only series they have a giant thrust planned for the Wii-U

From the SEGA blog: E3 2013 awards for SEGA games.

"We’re thrilled that the journalists here at E3 love SEGA’s games as much as we do! Congratulations to all of the teams who worked so hard on the games we’re showing this year."

http://blogs.sega.com/2013/06/13/e3-2013-awards-for-segas-games/#more-17613

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

- Best Downloadable Game – Pop.com.br

Company of Heroes 2

- Best Online Multiplayer Game (Nominee) – Machinima

- Best PC Game (Nominee) – Machinima

- Best Strategy Game (Nominee) – Machinima

- Best Strategy Game (Nominee) – Gaming Trend

- Best of E3 (Nominee) – IGN

- Best of Strategy – Destructoid

- Best PC Game – Gamer Theory Media

- Best of E3 (Nominee) – Dvlzgame.net

- Best Strategy Game – GTYOnline.pl

- Best of E3 (Nominee) – Gaming Excellence

- Game of Show (Nominee) – Co-Optimus

Total War: Rome II

- Best of E3 – 9lives.be

- Most Valuable Game (Official Selection) – PC Gamer

- Best of E3 (Nominee) – WorthPlaying.com

- Best of E3 (Nominee) – Multiplayer.it

- Best PC Game (Nominee) – Machinima

- Best Strategy Game (Nominee) – Machinima

- Best of E3 (Nominee) – Vandal.net

- Best of Strategy – Destructoid

- Best of PC – Destructoid

- Best Strategy – Russia

- Best PC Game – Russia

- Best of E3 (Nominee) – Game Informer

- Best of Show (Nominee) – Game Front

- Best Strategy Game – Pop.com.br

Sonic Lost World

- We Love It – The Escapist

- Best of E3 (Nominee) – Game Trailers

- Best Platformer (Nominee) – Pure Nintendo

- Best 3DS Graphics (Nominee) – Pure Nintendo

- Best of Wii U – Destructoid

- Best of E3 – My Geek Review

- Best of E3 (Nominee) – Hardcore Gamer

Men of E3 – GayGamer

- Congrats to Aaron Webber, who was selected as one of the Men of E3 from GayGamer.net!

9038136164_edb1f557f2.jpg

Nice to see Castle of Illusion HD, Lost World and Aaron getting some appreciation.

Edited by Metal Gear -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 2

If we're lucky, we might get some news come middle of next week.

No this isn't a hint for something I know is happening.

Well, who knows, but I am excited for SLW, and M&S, and I do hope they bring more games for me to enjoy on my Wii-U, as I cant wait to get some of their classics when I hopefully pick up a dreamcast today

They really have fallen from grace haven't they?

Men of E3 – GayGamer

- Congrats to Aaron Webber, who was selected as one of the Men of E3 from GayGamer.net!

Nice to see Castle of Illusion HD, Lost World and Aaron getting some appreciation.

Umm... I'm gay myself and if I was a straight guy getting that award I might be just a wee bit freaked out myself! Neat regardless.

Umm... I'm gay myself and if I was a straight guy getting that award I might be just a wee bit freaked out myself! Neat regardless.

I am also gay and it bears no relevance. It's just a bit of fun, and if you're not prepared for that (which can only be taken as a compliment) you probably shouldn't work in public relations. 

Ah, it's so nice to see that Sonic Lost World getting some accolades for itself. I have a feeling that it'll be a most lauded game come November.

Umm... I'm gay myself and if I was a straight guy getting that award I might be just a wee bit freaked out myself!

Frankly, I'd be more surprised that someone actually finds me attractive than anything.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am also gay and it bears no relevance. It's just a bit of fun, and if you're not prepared for that (which can only be taken as a compliment) you probably shouldn't work in public relations. 

Maybe "freaked out" was the wrong choice of words. I'd probably just be a little perplexed is all. tongue.png

Then again I know from experience it's the forbidden fruit that are the most fun to give such attention to! biggrin.png

Frankly, I'd be more surprised that someone actually finds me attractive than anything.

That most certainly is a nice feeling!

As for Lost World being the most lauded - I doubt it. Praising Mario above everyone else is standard practice, and any praise for Lost World is going to run the "Super Sonic Galaxy" schtick. Nobody acknowledges that Sonic did the 3D gravity thing beforehand... not as the basis of an entire game, but he did it first regardless.

Common theme in gaming though: http://gamerxchange.net/2013/04/03/things-nintendo-didnt-do-first/

It will do well regardless it's looking like, and hopefully it will help revive interest in the series. Now, to just take get those "Sonic has sucked ever since 2001 or 2006" people to stop being ignorant and actually play a newer title. If there's one thing that infuriates me it's when people blab on without knowing anything about what they're talking about.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I wonder if after the deal with Nintendo is over(if it actually ends), SEGA will just hop into the PS4/Xbone with the next Sonic game.

I wonder if after the deal with Nintendo is over(if it actually ends), SEGA will just hop into the PS4/Xbone with the next Sonic game.

I doubt it. Sounds like he normally does best on Nintendo.

As well, Nintendo gamers seem to far less fixated on graphics than their Sony or Microsoft counterparts. For a smaller, less financially-stable company like SEGA, not having to invest loads of money into what a game LOOKS like is a massive boon. Besides its strong brand name Nintendo thrives because it's always the budget choice, sacrificing some higher end capabilities in favor of being cheaper and one could even say focusing more on what a game plays like rather than what it looks like.

While Nintendo's tried to break away from that stereotype it's the "kiddy" console, let's face it - it's the best console of choice if your target market is a younger audience. From its more lighthearted titles to its plenty of family-oriented titles. Sonic is overall a kid's game, and Nintendo is just the best choice, as hilariously ironic as this alliance is in hindsight.

Now, as to SEGA ever going fully second party... that I doubt, as from what I know they do have some more mature games that don't fit the Nintendo mold as easily as Sonic does.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

I just wish they could release at least one more main game for the PS3 :/ Oh well, I guess everything has to end someday. Sonic Generations at least was a trully closure.

I just wish they could release at least one more main game for the PS3 :/ Oh well, I guess everything has to end someday. Sonic Generations at least was a trully closure.

If for some reason they did do a game for PS or XB, I'm predicting it'd be a port with no real upgrades from the Wii U at this point. It'd just be there to capture what little market share they have on those consoles.

Don't most people buy a Nintendo console and one of the other two these days anyway (not all at once, but between two years or so)? One for the Nintendo classics and another for the higher-end games?

Maybe things will change in the future and a newer generation of fans will prefer Sonic on non-Nintendo consoles. I think we'll see PS and XB Sonic games every few years solely to test the waters (times do change), but with less frequency than we have before. The biggest hope for a non-Nintendo Sonic would be that he has done better on other consoles at times: According to VGchartz, about half of Sonic Heroes' sales were for PS2. (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Sonic+Heroes)

Though overall I think Sonic games would have a hard time doing better outside Nintendo at this point. Never mind Nintendo has loads of money and experience in the genre to help them out. So overall in the coming years I'm predicting a trend of Sonic being with Nintendo and more mature franchises being on other consoles.

They really have fallen from grace haven't they?

I'm both gay and straight and I'd still be freaked out if that were me lol.

If for some reason they did do a game for PS or XB, I'm predicting it'd be a port with no real upgrades from the Wii U at this point. It'd just be there to capture what little market share they have on those consoles.

Don't most people buy a Nintendo console and one of the other two these days anyway (not all at once, but between two years or so)? One for the Nintendo classics and another for the higher-end games?

Maybe things will change in the future and a newer generation of fans will prefer Sonic on non-Nintendo consoles. I think we'll see PS and XB Sonic games every few years solely to test the waters (times do change), but with less frequency than we have before. The biggest hope for a non-Nintendo Sonic would be that he has done better on other consoles at times: According to VGchartz, about half of Sonic Heroes' sales were for PS2. (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Sonic+Heroes)

Though overall I think Sonic games would have a hard time doing better outside Nintendo at this point. Never mind Nintendo has loads of money and experience in the genre to help them out. So overall in the coming years I'm predicting a trend of Sonic being with Nintendo and more mature franchises being on other consoles.

Or Sega could pull a unleashed; have Sonic Team make the next-gen versions and have the Colors team ether down-scale the game to the Wii U or make a version built for the platform. 

I would honestly hope to see Sonic on the PS4 sooner than latter as after seeing Generations maxed out on PC, it would be a huge shame not to used the Hedgehog Engine again :(

Id hate that to be honest :/

I'm planning on buying a Wii U and I missed out on the decent version of Unleashed with the Wii, I also missed the Anniversary game and only have it running slowly on my laptop. I know they'd wanna make the most of the systems but couldn't they just update the graphics for those games and keep the levels the same, I'm sick of being "punished" for buying a console I want with games I want :/

Um, the only reason Heroes did better on the PS2 was the fact that the Gamecube was almost dead anyway. Those who had a Gamecube would have would have bought Heroes for it, I'm sure. But it was never going to shift Gamecube units when it was multiplatform and the system it was better made for was dying anyway.

And ha discussion of the so called new TV series of Sonic taken off yet?

And ha discussion of the so called new TV series of Sonic taken off yet?

"All Polsky would say is that it involves Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy Rose, and would lean towards “comedic in style”, making it sound unconnected to any previous Sonic cartoon. "

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/06/15/sega-launching-new-sonic-boom-cartoon/

Since Carbo said it was okay, there's one particular source in addition to what TSSZ said. Sissel Henno (SEGA's head of brand licensing) said the following in an interview recently:

With Sonic the Hedgehog we aim to involve the fans in a variety of ways, including boxed and digital games, TV, comics and much more.

So that's definitely something. She could however just be talking about advertisements and such since there's no mention of a TV show show specifically.

One thing about TSSZ's rumour is the question of where TrotCon got their info from, and what exactly is Sonic Boom? They posted some details from a source that said they were at the panel, but I'm not so certain that's reliable. All the listing says is "Sonic Boom" and somehow that got construed into Sonic the Hedgehog without further evidence. If there is a TV show in the works, I'm pretty sure that one of the writers would know better than to leak the name and then talk about it freely.

I don't know whether to believe this rumour, but there's a small amount of evidence in favour of it. On the flipside, the entire prospect of a new Sonic show sounds unlikely.

And just for the record, ignore what I said about Scarred Sun earlier btw. Turns out I was being a bit of an idiot reading posts in haste. 

Edited by Blue Blood

Sounds like a modern version of AoSTH to me. Which is good, I liked AoSTH. 

• Thumbs Up 3

A reboot of Adventures of Sonic would also be a good idea given that it would fit the lighthearted nature of the series and help better reel in that target audience of younger viewers.

Question is if it will feel weird to have someone besides Jaleel voice such... but since they won't be using that old mohawk Classic Sonic we should be fine.

I'm doubting a reboot though, as it just seems... odd. Best to start a new continuity really, which if you're adding Amy and Knuckles, sounds like that's exactly what will happen.

Don't Sonic X reruns still get reliably okay ratings? If a show that old and that... not particularly great... can still turn a profit, I can see where someone might decide that the franchise merits another go on television. It's not an entirely unreasonable idea.

Still, a pony convention? Whether this thing's fake or not (and I'd really like to see it happen, but "Sonic Boom" could mean just about anything), what a random place for it to come from. I'm a little rusty on this stuff; is Trotcon even one of the big ones?

Edited by Octarine

Since Carbo said it was okay, there's one particular source in addition to what TSSZ said. Sissel Henno (SEGA's head of brand licensing) said the following in an interview recently:

So that's definitely something. She could however just be talking about advertisements and such since there's no mention of a TV show show specifically.

One thing about TSSZ's rumour is the question of where TrotCon got their info from, and what exactly is Sonic Boom? They posted some details from a source that said they were at the panel, but I'm not so certain that's reliable. All the listing says is "Sonic Boom" and somehow that got construed into Sonic the Hedgehog without further evidence. If there is a TV show in the works, I'm pretty sure that one of the writers would know better than to leak the name and then talk about it freely.

I don't know whether to believe this rumour, but there's a small amount of evidence in favour of it. On the flipside, the entire prospect of a new Sonic show sounds unlikely.

And just for the record, ignore what I said about Scarred Sun earlier btw. Turns out I was being a bit of an idiot reading posts in haste. 

What I found interesting is the character supposedly confirmed. Sonic, Amy, Tails and Knuckles all character already confirmed for Lost World. I have a feeling the anime will be based on this game.

Sonic Booooom, Sonic Booooooooooom, Sonic Boom...

Never mind.