Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

I bet this big sega IP is one of those which keeps popping up at various licensing events.

Hardlight have been tweeting again, no clues on new games but... theres a few images of interest.

BLbNASgCMAEElnq.jpg

Aren't they fan works?

BPOPrLsCIAArLxe.jpg

Sonic in the bananas... .. .... WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, those are fanmade Sonic pictures.

Exactly where are these snapshots taken in? Are they within Hardlight's HQ?

The bottom left artwork is definitely fan-made. It's been around for some time actually.

Yeah, those are fanmade Sonic pictures.

Exactly where are these snapshots taken in? Are they within Hardlight's HQ?

Yup. Hardlights twitter has a few photos of their offices.

For some reason it reminds me of Space Harrier or Altered Beast.

*looks closer*

Check it against this ingame screenshot... The trees, the ground, the explosion and the red looking dude.

space-harrier-1.png

I'm siding with Space Harrier... .. ... wait... you don't think their next game is a Space Harrier one? The tweet in question just said that they had 9 images like that in their offices.

Eighties_Dive_by_Orioto.jpg

The artist says it's Space Harrior

Edited by Wraith
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's Space Harrier for sure. C'mon guys! Don't make me take away SEGA Fan Club cards!

• Thumbs Up 5

Totally Ninja'd while typing this out! 

Anyway, all of these appear to be HD visions by fans of SEGA classics, kinda in the style of Rayman Origins.

It's Space Harrier for sure. C'mon guys! Don't make me take away SEGA Fan Club cards!

I lost all rights to mine back when that one time I forgot NiGHTS existed...

I love that Sonic CD art, its always been my fav Sonic art style. I miss the old anime style now that everything is 3D rendered. Totally making that my desktop background for a while :D

• 2 weeks later...

Found another picture of Sega's booth at the vegas licensing expo.

201306191923041240.jpg

Just wish these photographers would get in closer.

A shame we cancelled our plans to go at the last moment... I would have loved to be there just to geek out over the merch.

Hi guys, so we know all about Hardlights "new game" yeah?

Well I saw this on the Sonic Facebook page (also on the SEGA one),

take a look at the top left photo

It looks like a horizontal game, and Hardlight wanted to be able to do both landscape and portrait play, it also doesn't look like jump or dash to me!

I could be wrong, just thought I'd post it anyway

Edit: I don't think the screenshot is of a sonic game, just in the corner of a photo about Sonic Dash, that's why I mentioned the Sonic Facebook page (it's also on SEGA's page)

Edited by Jolt_TH

It's supposed to be a big Sega IP and it's not Sonic.

BJ2mpc4.png

Well I don't think the screenshot is sonic, i only mentioned sonic because the post on facebook is about the dash global challenge and you can see the guy in that photo playing dash, this was just something I noticed at the side :)

Edited by Jolt_TH

It's not Sonic because Hardlight have said their next game isn't Sonic.

Though it's definately a new unannounced game, you can tell as the screen on the left has been photoshopped to remove what was there.

That's what I meant :P just bad wording

Anyone with image enhancing software here?

So was that bit left in intentionally or accidentally?

The 'White' screen was probably changed because it was obvious as to what the game was, probably a title screen or something very clear. The other was left because it's hard to tell.

My guess is Space Harrier or some kind of SHMUP game.

It does admittedly look a LOT like Sonic Rush. Specifically that Water Palace stage or whatever the one that made it into Gens 3DS was called.

I suppose it could be a coincidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UuR2OQIxJQ

... .. ... OK seriously... How many girls is this who have been spotted just dancing with Sonic this year? Let alone in those... odd photos?

• Thumbs Up 1

The 'White' screen was probably changed because it was obvious as to what the game was, probably a title screen or something very clear. The other was left because it's hard to tell.

My guess is Space Harrier or some kind of SHMUP game.

It's Sonic Dash. Not photoshopped, just blurry. The right pane is just a side on camera view. You can even see the blue GUI template objects in the top left corner, as the game isn't running.

Edited by Yugi Muto

... .. ... OK seriously... How many girls is this who have been spotted just dancing with Sonic this year? Let alone in those... odd photos?

He's popular with the ladies. I guess despite the new partnership, he wants to start a Cold War with Nintendo's Link over how many chiquitas he can reel in.

Hey Sonic, if you really want to beat him, play the other team too! Twice as many people is twice as much fun!

...I notice a Sonic Boom 2012 shirt being worn by a person in the background. This makes me smile with joy!

• Thumbs Up 2