Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

Thought I may as well post this in the SEGA 2013 topic instead of the Sonic 4 thread.

From the SEGA blog:

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II THD Pre-Loaded on NVIDIA SHIELD

brlk.png

"We’re very pleased to announce a collaboration with NVIDIA for the new NVIDIA SHIELD Gaming and Entertainment Portable. Every SHIELD will come pre-loaded with Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II THD!

Play Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II THD at a smooth 60 Frames Per Second (FPS), and experience first-hand the speed and excitement of Sonic The Hedgehog.

Check out the SHIELD and Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II THD at kiosks in select Gamestop, Microcenter, and Canada Computers stores!"

fwp7.png

NVIDIA TEGRA 4: Custom 72-core NVIDIA GeForce GPU Quad-core ARM A15 CPU.

CONTROLLER: Ultimate control and precision with a console-grade game controller.

MULTI-TOUCH DISPLAY: 5-inch 720p retinal quality multi-touch display for high-fidelity visuals.

INTEGRATED SPEAKERS: Custom, bass reflex, tuned port audio system delivers fidelity and range never before experienced on a handheld device.

WI-FI CONNECTIVITY: 802.11n 2×2 MIMO game-speed Wi-Fi provides high-bandwidth, ultra-fast wireless for seamless game streaming.

100% ANDROID: Stocked with the latest Android Jelly Bean operating system from Google, SHIELD provides access to your favorite Android applications and games.

Pick up a NVIDIA SHIELD at store.nvidia.com/buyshield today!

So you essentially get Sonic 4 Ep2 for free. Well that's cool, I guess.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 2

SEGA's really trying to beat the conpetition when it comes to these sorts of platforms. But you know, I don't really see any of them doing all that well.

Call me when it's Sonic 1 Stealth Tax installed on there.

Seriously, why isn't it... it's the best Sonic mobile game out there.

As promised by SEGA:

Sonic CD Now Available on OUYA

Sonic CD is now available on OUYA for $2.99 (USD) with a free trial level to play through (see Free-To-Try details below). All you have to do is start up your OUYA, download Sonic CD from DISCOVER, the OUYA store, and experience Sonic’s journey to Little Planet in stunning quality!

Taxman's wonderful version of Sonic CD has now been released on so many systems, that I have lost count. I really hope that StealthTax Sonic 1&2 eventually comes to all the same platforms as well. Hint hint....

Edited by -Bender-

Not necessarily. The article is just describing how SEGA plans on developing for the PC in general, they don't mean to say that they are becoming PC exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

I realize TSSZ isn't to be trusted at the best of times, but have I missed a Sega article recently on Sonic 3K? They have a poll up about Sega confirming they aren't planning on releasing Sonic 3K on cell phones or something, no plans after Sonic 2 Stealth/Hax. Where did this confirmation come from. Haven't been able to find it with old Google.

I realize TSSZ isn't to be trusted at the best of times, but have I missed a Sega article recently on Sonic 3K? They have a poll up about Sega confirming they aren't planning on releasing Sonic 3K on cell phones or something, no plans after Sonic 2 Stealth/Hax. Where did this confirmation come from. Haven't been able to find it with old Google.

Izuka was asked it at Sonic Boom during the Q&A. However, considering taxman handled the sonic 1&2 ports it's likely they aren't even aware of their existence. Ergo Sonic 3&K is still up in the air.

Any news on the 3D Classic for 3DS yet? I heard they're getting localized SOON. Soon as in 2 years or soon as in next week?

Yeah, I don't know why TSSZ is running a poll on that. SoA handle the mobile ports of Sonic games, and Iizuka and Sonic Team have very little to do with them. SCD and S1 haven't even been released over in Japan yet. S3K isn't confirmed, and could be a long way off if it's going to happen because S2 hasn't been shown off either. But just ignore TSSZ.

I'm not even saying that because it's TSSZ. I'm saying that because it's just daft.

EDIT: Typos

Edited by Blue Blood

Not to mention TSSZ has a history. Remember that Sonic Dimensions rumor?

TSSZ also has just as much history of being right. Remember that rumour they had that Project Needlemouse was actually going to be Sonic 4, and that it was also going to be episodic?

This is a pretty different matter though.

TSSZ also has just as much history of being right. Remember that rumour they had that Project Needlemouse was actually going to be Sonic 4, and that it was also going to be episodic?

*raises hand*

I actually predicted that before them.. .. .. but... yeah nobody cares about me.

*raises hand*

I actually predicted that before them.. .. .. but... yeah nobody cares about me.

I think a number of people had guessed that it was going to be Sonic 4 and a downloadable title, but their rumour also included details such as "Sonic only, four zones, first zone is Splash Hill, last zone is EGG Station". So you know, I'm just saying that they're not always off the mark, however much we don't like them.

(Basically I don't want this topic to temporarily get flooded with "lol TSSZ is teh suckzors" posts)

• Thumbs Up 1

*raises hand*

people still care, their just mad tis all 

S3K is confirmed

I don't think it is, actually. Sonic 1 and 2 got confirmed at the same time, but nothing was said on S3&K.

*raises hand*

You can add me to the prediction list. Hey sorry to go off topic, but I've always wondered who is that in your profile pic?

I don't think it is, actually. Sonic 1 and 2 got confirmed at the same time, but nothing was said on S3&K.

Sorry. Typo on my part.

"S3K isn't confirmed, and could be a long way off if it's going to happen because S2 hasn't been shown off either."

Edited by Blue Blood

Saying they have 'no plans' on releasing Sonic 3&K is just a standard/generic response. They won't even consider S3&K until Sonic 2 has been released. It will depend of the sales of Sonic 1&2 (whether they decide it's worth porting the new versions to consoles) and whether Taxman wants to keep working with SEGA.

SEGA only confirmed Sonic 1 was getting re-released. They never officially confirmed Sonic 2. It was Taxman over on Retro who said that SEGA asked him to "revamp the mobile versions of Sonic 1&2".

The chances are he has already begun working on Sonic 2. There have been no further updates with Sonic 1 and the version on Android seems pretty perfect and bug free. 

Sonic 3&K will likely get the same treatment, but we will have to be patient.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

Well... this ended up being a great idea. Yakuza 1 & 2 HD on the Wii U fails to enter the top 50... In Japan!

The 50th game on that list sold 1878, yeah, it's sold less than 1878 units, in Japan. To put this into perspective, the PS3 version sold over 60,000 units when it launched back in November.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/693/693780/

To give you more of an idea how much of a disaster this was, Yakuza in Japan is as big as GTA.

Ohhh this deal with Nintendo is already looking delicious.

My main consolation is I'm fairly certain Nintendo gave SEGA a massive bribe for these deals in the first place, so this bodes poorly for Nintendo more than SEGA if anything. Nintendo can absorb the shock more than much smaller SEGA, if nothing else.

I'm really eager to see how Wii U sales will perform from the deal elsewhere... but if Yakuza isn't helping in an area that loves the game that's not good at all. While I'll get a Wii U just for the Sonic titles, I don't think that reflects the general American/European sentiment...

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice