Awoo.

Sega 2013 "We release awesome games and tell nobody!"; " READ POST 498

Badnik Mechanic

More signs Sega want to sell the Mega Drive license in some way.

mega_t_25.jpg

Being handed out at the Toyko Game Show, Mega Drive 25th anniversary T-shirt.

So yeah, as per Doctor MK's TSS article: Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing arrives on Android

SEGA quietly released S&SASR on Android. This game certainly has seen plenty of love. Earlier this year in April it was released on the Mac app store, and now Android customers can download it from Google Play

The - customer - reviews coming in on Google Play are very mixed. A lot of people are complaining of lag. I don't know whether I will download it. It's tempting as it's only £1.60.

Sonic.jpg

Edit: Fuck it, I have just downloaded it tongue.png

Edited by -Bender-

Ok now... this might be nothing only... it strikes me as being very suspicious the more I think about it.

Remember how there was a certain rumor regarding a Mr Dave Polsky and a possible new TV show? And before that there was the interview which hinted at TV stuff? Well...

Check this out.

OW2oR0B.jpg

I was originally going to post that just for the new renders of other characters.

Then I read this bit...

"For over two decades, Sonic has appeared in over 60 video games, 4 series annimations, and he's just getting started"

So why did this stick out? Well, this particular advert was released during the Vegas Licensing Expo held earlier this year.. but... in previous adverts Sega have only ever used the 'Sonic has appeared in over 60 video games' line. They have never highlighted the cartoon shows so dominantly in this way, it has been mentioned in smaller notes on press kit releases, but never so bluntly on a single page advert.

I assume this is the cartoons? AOSTH, SatAM, Sonic Underground and Sonic X?

So why put it on there so dominantly unless they had something planned... if there were several things listed there along with it, it wouldn't strike me as anything, but the fact it's there listed with games which we know are active and coming, why include it at all if there are no plans at all for anything? Also this follows into something else of interest I found, keep eyes on TSS in the next half hour.

• Thumbs Up 8

EDIT: Misread post. My bad. It doesn't really seem like anything, though. They're just listing how the series has had a lot of adaptations.

Edited by Tomoki

Good eye, as per usual, Hogfather. I seriously hope this stuff about a TV show actually amounts to something. I would really love to see a new one.

Also, that poster is annoying. The 'character select' part is sorely lacking in shades of blue or green.

My hopes is that Sochi will be delayed in all regions to Spring, why? Because there is still framerate issues, unless the series is known for that (doubt it), luckily the trailer we just saw is actually from July, so that was two months ago, so they likely polished it some more since, and it was already a definite improvement from the unveiling in May.

And hopefully the 3rd exclusive is the main 2014 game. Iwata I would assume got to pick the games and the main games of 2013 (Lost World) and 2014 ("???") would be my top picks.

There's been very little otherwise about Sochi, so a delay actually would not surprise me, if it's coming in two months in NA, we would've had a final date, which we don't but do for every other of Nintendo's holiday games.

I don't even think it's been properly shown in JP has it? What are the release plans in EU?

So maybe the GAMES are both Sochi and the 3rd game after all. Makes a lot of sense.

There's been very little otherwise about Sochi, so a delay actually would not surprise me, if it's coming in two months in NA, we would've had a final date, which we don't

Welp, the Mario and Sonic topic makes this outdated already. 

So remember how Sega were trying to sell licenses to make stuff based on the Mega Drive?

tommomobile_btspeaker.0_cinema_720.0.jpg

Thats a speaker system. Also iphone covers at the link.

The range will also include Dreamcast and Game Gear branded items.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/24/4767156/sega-tommo-accessories-cellphone

Press release.

Los Angeles, Calif. – September 24, 2013 –Tommo, Inc., in partnership with SEGA® of America, Inc., today announced a lineup of SEGA® Retro Tommo Mobile accessories featuring the logos and likenesses of famous SEGA game systems commemorating the 25th Anniversary of SEGA Genesis™ as well as the popular Game Gear™, Saturn™, and Dreamcast™ game systems. Launching in time for the Holiday season, SEGA retro mobile accessories are geared squarely toward the emergence of the exploding retro gaming market and the widespread popularity of the 80’s and 90’s classic SEGA entertainment systems.

Tommo revealed the Tommo Mobile accessories product list will include unique headphones, external speakers, smartphone/tablet covers, battery chargers that feature highly stylized Sega-branded designs.

“SEGA is among the most iconic brands in all of gaming and we are thrilled to offer North American Fans brand new must-have items to add to their SEGA Retro collections,” said Tommo CEO Jonathan Wan.

“We are excited to be partnering with Tommo to bring cool and relevant products to the marketplace,” said John Cheng, President & COO, SEGA of America. “We hope that these great accessories bring a smile to the faces of our fans as we celebrate our SEGA heritage.”

Tommo is expected to announce the full slate of SEGA Retro Tommo Mobile accessories in the coming months.

For the latest news as it is released, and for additional information regarding the Sega Retro Tommo Mobile accessories please visit: www.tommo.com

More images.

SG_Speaker_V2_013D.jpg

US_MS_Clear_01-400x300.jpg

Other produts included are portable charging units, you know, those pads you can place phones on and they'll charge up?

• Thumbs Up 2

Welp, the Mario and Sonic topic makes this outdated already. 

OR IS IT?

Coming from a Nintendo email...

The Nov. 8 launch date for Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games that was recently listed in a Wii U notification was an error. A confirmed launch date will be announced in the future. We apologize for any confusion.

PR email

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=213095

Edited by Hero of Legend

So Sega have an amazing franchise called Yazuka which sells in stupidly high numbers in Japan, isn't really known over here in the west due to the fact Segas marketting strategy for every single game is not to market it... at all.

It's an absolutely fantastic series... great characters, great voice acting, great story and dare I say... lots of fun.

But they don't ever market the game. They don't ever promote the game. They release it at stupid times of the year.

Which is probably why it doesn't sell very well.

Which is probably why despite having an amazing 5th sequel out in Japan, they don't want to invest in a simple localisation... which is probably why they won't localise the next gen Yakuza game which looks incredible.

So Sega... is it therefore a good idea to completely remove every single western Yakuza website?

Every single official Yakuza website in the west has been pulled, the exception is a page for Dead Souls, if it wasn't for that, Sega have nothing on any of their online networks right now which even hints that they have ever released this game in the west.

http://yakuzafan.com/post/62617991224/sega-has-shut-down-all-official-yakuza-sub-sites

After they announced their new focus on Sonic, Aliens, Total War and Football Manager a year and half ago, I never expected them to release Yakuza 5, that PSP game or any others over here. 

The PSP games were never going to happen, but Yakuza 5 was a very strong contender to come over, heck they even hinted at it enough times.

But to outrightly kill all mention of it in the west more or less says they've thrown another amazing franchise to the recycle bin for... reasons we don't understand.

Sigh, they do realize that the hedgehog engine could easily be used on ANY console from the Xbone to the Wii-u

• Thumbs Up 5

No no, I get it. "We're looking for a new programmer" clearly translates into "new Sonic exclusive for the Xbox."

Please stop making me into a bitter, sarcastic a-hole, Gaming Journalism. I'm doing that enough on my own. :|

Edited by Sixth-Scream Soma

Yeah that doesn't actually confirm that it's anything to do with Sonic.

And even if it did, "a Sonic game will exist" isn't exactly meaningful news.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sega can't plan games for any system other than Nintendo until the 3 games come out, one of them was not released yet. I think this article is probably a hoax... unfortunate for any Xbox owners. 

Edited by knucklesgirl

So SEGA want a guy with experience with complex lighting, and this confirms new game for Xbox One? Wha-

The Hedgehog Engine can be used on more than just Microsoft consoles, so what does that even mean?

I don't know why but I don't fully think this is something to put faith in...

I decided to merge the recent thread about the job listing here. It's not the hoax from earlier, but at the same time it's such an insignificant piece of news about such a theoretical far off game that I don't believe it could necessarily sustain an entire topic. xP;;