Awoo.

4Kids reborn as a Konami-owned Anime group taking over YuGiOh?

Hero of Legend

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/23540.html

I was wondering why YuGiOh Zaxel still airs in the light of the whole dilema with 4Kids shutting down and the lawsuit, but bizarrely, it looks like Konami (at least the US division) likes them enough to open up a brand-new company to house ex-employees at.

It doesn't say what the new studio is called, but I'm wonderting if this affects DuArt in anyway who's taken over Pokemon from 4Kids and Taj before them, and house other 4Kids staff (did you know Lisa Ortiz is a FULL TIME DuArt employee now?), will this be another house for the familar voice cast (sans Lisa, I'd bet she's DuArt exclusive being an employee)? Will Konami STEP IT UP and provide proper QA for the dubs now? Will they even take in other Anime shows not related to Konami?

Saban also has some properties, most notably of course being Sonic X, but why when the Anime ended YEARS ago? Unless they call for a redub with the current voices (maybe), then I can see that working, but why else? Maybe for Sonic X merchandise that may or not still be on the market?

What say you folks?

Edited by Hero of Legend

To be fair, it may have been the ones in charge that kept screwing it up. Konami may have saw potential in the employees and decided to keep them around, and under new management they may be able to do better than the old series.

I still hate how they ruined Sonic X Season 3. Though even the dub doesn't seem to change people's opinions of Chris very much... I still don't see why he's THAT bad, but ok... (And even then he's better in Season 3 despite the lame copout of making him look younger.)

Wish Konami would put the money and effort into making a new Yu-Gi-Oh video game instead(aside from updates to Duel Terminal). Hasn't been a new one in over a year.

The reason they probably still have Sonic X because it gets decent, consistent ratings and it's probably a cheap license to renew.

I can't see a redub of it happening. From a market and business standpoint, the dub is/was quite successful. Besides, it's a decade old now. If they were to make a new dub of it, though, its target would be a niche market of which the majority probably wouldn't buy anyway.

Wait Konami owns a anime group? *cough* Um Konami you remember this advert for one of your games that you did for Japan?

Could you make a mini series of RKA instead of Yu-Gi-Oh?

Am I the only person thinking that? Course Konami won't be that smart they don't have much love for Sparkster now a days it all Metal Gear and Silent Hill and Yu-Gi-Oh and Pro Evo *sigh* I'm going to go play some Rocket Knight Adventures again just think how awesome a RKA Anime series would have been.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wish Konami would put the money and effort into making a new Yu-Gi-Oh video game instead(aside from updates to Duel Terminal). Hasn't been a new one in over a year.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my 3DS game they announced when Zexal started to air.

Wait...a redub of the current voices? You mean if Rodger Craig Smith voiced Sonic ic Sonic X? Hm.....that might work for a few characters, but definitley not all of them.

I'm with the earlier opinion that's hoping that maybe it was just the company's heads that were the problem, not just the lower groups. I doubt Konami would take them on if they didn't think they could do a good job. Al Khan was ruthlessly in pursuit of profits and that's why 4Kids had so many potboilers. So maybe it's not the actual employees' faults.

As for a redub of Sonic X, unlikely at this point with how old it is. We're more likely to get a new Sonic cartoon altogether.

Well, it sure is an interesting development for one thing. but I wasn't all that surprised when I heard about the acquisition of 4Kids though. as numerous others have said, I always thought that the higher ups of the company are the reason everything went south for them pretty fast..here's to hoping Konami gets the act together and pulls through with better material for us all. 

I'm surprised 4Kids is still around! I haven't heard anything about the company ever since Al Kahn retired. They lost their most important anime shows including Pokemon and One Piece and they just haven't been doing so well in the last couple of years.

Let's just consider Mike Pollock and Dan Green were very talented individuals working on projects that very quickly could turn atrocious. Overall I think a lot of the employees are definitely hardworking, qualified people, they just were lead by a group of corporate assclowns that ruined everything.

I mean, it's sort of like how Ryan Drummond's a fairly good voice actor, it's just he had some pretty terrible directing to work with.

Just wondering, but shouldn't this be in the General Thread Topic area? Not the Video Games area?

As for the actually topic. Eh. I don't really care for 4Kids still being alive.

Konami has been dubbing Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal for almost a year now. 4Kids isn't really around. Konami just acquired their equipment and employees to dub the show how they want it done.

Konami has been dubbing Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal for almost a year now. 4Kids isn't really around. Konami just acquired their equipment and employees to dub the show how they want it done.

It lives on in body... but most definitely not in spirit. Thank god, and good riddance.

Has the quality enormously improved since the end of the 4Kids period? That'd be the real test of whether it was the employees or the administration that made such low quality tripe.