Awoo.

Beat the game... now what? "NOW WE! HIT THE HUT!"

Badnik Mechanic

I can see my former employer leaping on this and making their own version... (Hungryhouse, by the way... Just Eat's dodgier cousin)

Anyways, this is kind of ridiculous... :D

Now, I understand the jokes about this (and I do find them funny), but when you look at it, ordering pizza through the Xbox Live isn't such an outlandish thing.

Games have done this sort of thing before. Think of Everquest II where you used to be able to type /pizza and it would automatically take you to I think Pizza Hut's site. Think of EVE Online, where there is an in-game web browser where you can access any internet page. Think of Steam where you can open the overlay and tab in or out of a browser.

I'm not the one to defend this kind of feature most of the time, but I don't see the logic behind the complaints here. It does no harm and is completely optional as well.

HEy remember when Pizza Hut handed out those cool demo disks for PS1 games?

Yeah, they should do that again.

• Thumbs Up 3

Good news Silver members. Your version of the Pizza ordering app is ready!

old-telephone.jpg

Someone photoshop the Xbox logo on the phones dial.

JhZbuGQ.jpg

Do I win a prize? =D

I already beat you to it on the previous page, man.

But kudos for trying.

I'm not the one to defend this kind of feature most of the time, but I don't see the logic behind the complaints here. It does no harm and is completely optional as well.

I don't think people are complaining as much as they're pointing out how useless this feature is.

Heres just a few problems I can see with it.

1: You don't have the full Pizza Hut menu. Even for take-aways/delivery, it's not the full thing.

2: Unless you have a preference set, it takes a long time to make a pizza and submit it.

3: You don't have to disconnect from Xbox Live or leave your couch...

Now number 3 ties into what I'm about to say next. Every single problem on there can be solved or makes this feature completely useless by this man.

agbell.jpg

That is Alexandar Graham Bell, who invented the telephone.

If you sit on your couch and ring up Pizza Hut, you can order faster, have more choice, and still keep connected to Xbox Live. So other than getting a discount until May 6th... what use is this feature?

And another reason why this is useless... the selling point is 'keep playing/using your Xbox/don't leave the couch'

Scenario 1:

Me: Ok order placed....

30 min later the doorbell rings

Me: XBOX! ANSWER THE DOOR!

10 min later...

Me: Xbox... did I not make myself clear...

You have to stop using your xbox anyway to go get your pizza when it turns up =p

• Thumbs Up 2

You can already order Pizza Hut through the Internet Explorer app, which is also compatible with Kinect. This thing just takes up even more storage space. 

Let people buy pizza from the XBAWKS?

Get fat.

Fat people are fat?

Need exercise.

Need exercise?

iwcaijLMuwYZe.gif

It's called creating a need with your customers. Marketing 101.

That is some Dick Dastardly level scheming right there.

• Thumbs Up 5

What Tornado said reminds me of the episode of the Powerpuff Girls where Him decided to give the girls candy for their birthday with the logic that it would cause tooth decay.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't hate this, I just find it pointless. Is this really what the future of gaming has become? Ordering pizza on Xbox Live, whatever next!

Now if only the Durango had the ability to launch rolled up pizzas into my mouth.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Now if only the Durango had the ability to launch rolled up pizzas into my mouth.

... and then you choke on it.

Durango: that's what you get when you set your internet conection to OFF.angry.png

See people, *this* is why the Durango will be always online. Imagine the horror of wanting a pizza but being unable to order it because the system isn't connected to the internet!

Think twice before you diss Microsoft.