Awoo.

The Next Generation and Sonic

KHCast

These two need to happen.

The PSV is capable enough to run games of high quality, hence Sony advertising the fact you could play PS4 games on the thing during that conference of there's [or it was made out to be like that]. Not to mention the PS3 games running on the PSV through remote pay.

Therefore, a Sonic game, possibly a spin off or side game to the main series title, could be made on the PSV. And even if not announced straightaway, there's bound to be one, since the PSP got Rivals.

If anything, it could sure as hell run Wii-esque visuals or better, so theres no reason a fantastic game couldn't be made for that platform. At least port the recent SA2 release over to it. I'd literally consider getting a Vita just for ports of "dreamcast era" games.

Eh, this is a tough question. I pretty much have to go with Scar and Johnny Boy's respective comments of consistent 60 FPS and a positive reputation boost from future titles.

Not sure if this applies to the topic, but I would like a brand new game play style(no tweaks of the current style) for Sonic. I enjoyed the game style of Unleashed, Color, and Generations, but I'd rather something completely fresh as of now. It'll be pretty lame to debut a Sonic game on a next gen console with a similar game play style of the previous games.

All I ask is this...

More. Playable. Characters.

Don't be cowards, SEGA. Ignore those idiots who say that Sonic only gameplay = best, because it's simply not true. Stop acting like him, Tails and Eggman are the only important ones!

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

All I ask is this...

More. Playable. Characters.

Don't be cowards, SEGA. Ignore those idiots who say that Sonic only gameplay = best, because it's simply not true. Stop acting like him, Tails and Eggman are the only important ones!

Well, Shadow and Metal Sonic are Sonic Clones and they still can't be played as(Not counting Sonic 4). Why? I understand playing it safe, but why can't we play as Sonic Clones or Sonic with tweaked physics(Jump Higher, Higher Acceleration, Low Top speed, worse boost, better air control, and less lasting boost for blaze).

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if this applies to the topic, but I would like a brand new game play style(no tweaks of the current style) for Sonic. I enjoyed the game style of Unleashed, Color, and Generations, but I'd rather something completely fresh as of now. It'll be pretty lame to debut a Sonic game on a next gen console with a similar game play style of the previous games.

Well, from what we heard from Scarred Sun (as I remember she said guesses it'd be a clone of Unleashed Day/Generations were wrong), the next game will NOT be more of the same.

However, that could mean a lot of things. Naturally many might be a little worried about Sonic doing some experimentation after he finally got back on his feet, but provided it's not rushed and they do it carefully, they could most certainly do an alternative gameplay style and have it work.

I personally am inclined to think the gameplay very well might take advantage of what the next gen has to offer.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Well, from what we heard from Scarred Sun (as I remember she said guesses it'd be a clone of Unleashed Day/Generations were wrong), the next game will NOT be more of the same.

However, that could mean a lot of things. Naturally many might be a little worried about Sonic doing some experimentation after he finally got back on his feet, but provided it's not rushed and they do it carefully, they could most certainly do an alternative gameplay style and have it work.

I personally am inclined to think the gameplay very well might take advantage of what the next gen has to offer.

Hopefully the fact that this next game is taking so long to come out means just that.