Awoo.

Ian Flynn will be interviewed on the next Sonic Talk podcast. Any questions?

Jason Berry

Hey guys and gals!

Jason here AKA Shigs from Segabits and Sonic Talk. Me and nuckles87 will be interviewing Ian Flynn next week in two separate forums. A text interview with questions by me and Nux for TSS and fan questions "live" on my Sonic Talk podcast.So feel free to add any questions you'd like Ian to answer. You have until Wednesday morning, May 1st. Then, me and Nux have to filter the questions we'll use. 

If you want to use your nick or real name on the podcast, please let us know.

Also please, no questions on the Ken Penders case or Sega mandates as I'm sure he cannot discuss it.

The podcast should be up on segabits.com by Monday, May 6.

It'd be interesting to hear his thoughts on the whole "World's collide" crossover story wise, as well as the fate of Sally and the Death egg.

My question would be Mr Flynn, in a recent interview you said you might enjoy putting Mephiles in a story ( the FTA super power flower hour interview). What could you potentially do with him? A team up with Finitevus? Thanks, Dr Spudhead

Are they planning to - not necessarily adapt - but integrate any yet-to-be-seen game characters into the story? Mephiles and Elise from '06, or an Archie version of the Werehog for example? As a big fan of the Werehog's design, it's a shame he only exists in Unleashed. I guess this question is really more about the Werehog.

Are we going to see Shade the Echidna again? Are we going to see Honey the Cat and is Mr. Flynn interested in completing the Sonic Chronicles story?  

enjoy putting Mephiles in a story

what r u doin

Mephiles and Elise from '06, or an Archie version of the Werehog for example?

gais stahp pls

Are we going to see Shade the Echidna again?  is Mr. Flynn interested in completing the Sonic Chronicles story?  

GAIS

Here's my question:  "KILL FUCKING SALLY ALREADY."

Edited by Waribro
  • Thumbs Up 4

OK, so I am wondering, will we be seeing the return of Nack the Weasel any time soon? and might we see a Nack /Team Holligan story arc?

Not endorsing the game Meph comes from at all, but Archie has the ability to make bad things into good things. Also we are down one on the insane demigod count, if Enerjak won't be returning. But I didn't wanna bring that up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not endorsing the game Meph comes from at all, but Archie has the ability to make bad things into good things. Also we are down one on the insane demigod count, if Enerjak won't be returning. But I didn't wanna bring that up.

It would honestly be out of character for Mephiles's plots to be anything but hairbrained and overly complicated.  If the guy was competent for reasons other than cutscene incompetence/hypercompetence, it'd just be BORING!

In all seriousness, doesn't the Archie world have like a thousand of the fucking insane demigod archetype?

I'd like to know his plans for after the crossover, the fate of Ant, Bunnie's status, and what will happen when Sally returns.

I'd like to know his plans for after the crossover, the fate of Ant, Bunnie's status, and what will happen when Sally returns.

Antoine and Bunny especially, I meant to add that too.

I would like to know if any form of a Shadow Android be integrated into the plot. Like a Yellow Shadow who at first glance poses no threat but is a real asshole.

It would honestly be out of character for Mephiles's plots to be anything but hairbrained and overly complicated.  If the guy was competent for reasons other than cutscene incompetence/hypercompetence, it'd just be BORING!

Yeah, considering that Archie actually made me like their version of Big the fucking Cat of all Sonic characters, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt if they ever made Mephiles a major villain.

Such out of characterization of competence with the lack overly convoluted plans would actually be a benefit to Mephiles than a detriment, so I fail to see the problem. Although if they made Mephiles a major troll who craved destruction and was just around to fuck with everybody, if they can pull that off I say let them.

In all seriousness, doesn't the Archie world have like a thousand of the fucking insane demigod archetype?

In the same sense that they have a thousand of every other archetype? Yeah.

Besides, I count 3.

Ancient Walkers? Dead.

Mammoth Mogul? Still around.

Enerjak? More of a symbol or essence, and it's doubtful they can even use him right now.

Not sure if Nagus counts as a demi-god...

Feist doesn't count cause he's not insane.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Yeah, considering that Archie actually made me like their version of Big the fucking Cat of all Sonic characters, I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt if they ever made Mephiles a major villain.

Such out of characterization of competence with the lack overly convoluted plans would actually be a benefit to Mephiles than a detriment, so I fail to see the problem. Although if they made Mephiles a major troll who craved destruction and was just around to fuck with everybody, if they can pull that off I say let them.

In the same sense that they have a thousand of every other archetype? Yeah.

Besides, I count 3.

Ancient Walkers? Dead.

Mammoth Mogul? Still around.

Enerjak? More of a symbol or essence, and it's doubtful they can even use him right now.

Not sure if Nagus counts as a demi-god...

Feist doesn't count cause he's not insane.

Now, I haven't read a ton of the comics, but Mammoth Mogul doesnt strike me as crazy, conivving and convulted yes, but thats to be expected of someone who is ove a millenia old

Hmmmm... nope!

There was Chaos but he's done. Al and Cal, but they don't appear. Mogul's immortal. Naugus is a wizard.

No demigods. EDIT because CSS is right about Faust, but like Al and Cal he doesn't appear.

And one additional question if I can post two!

Readers can probably guess at an incoming Baronies plot line. Out of the Mobius regions, which one is Ian's favorite to write? Also there are only five or six regions in Archie canon, would Ian ever invent new areas of Mobius?

Edited by American Ristar

Now, I haven't read a ton of the comics, but Mammoth Mogul doesnt strike me as crazy, conivving and convulted yes, but thats to be expected of someone who is ove a millenia old

...good point...I think I was just looking at the "demi-god" part more when I added him...

Since I know he won't answer question about future plots, I actually have two questions I've been meaning to ask him: 1. What is a plot idea he wants to do, but can't for whatever reason? 2. What is thought process he goes through when it comes to writing stories for the comics?

OK, so I am wondering, will we be seeing the return of Nack the Weasel any time soon? and might we see a Nack /Team Holligan story arc?

Though, another tangent on my earlier thought, so we have seen more recently a slightly more heavy involvement that involve characters from the games, like Metal Knuckles, and the Chaotix arc, which also includes mighty and ray as a central part. I think it wouldnt be out of the question to have a new original arc expanding on Nack, and the proably the rest of team hooligan(Bark and Bean), even though they are scrapped characters in the games, they have been active in the comics, but we havent seen them for awhile, so maybe they have planning something, thats just a thought.

ok my second question

2) Will we ever see a story where Eggman is really out of his comfort zone, where he is stripped of pretty much everything, but his skills and is forced to work with little to get his freedom? nothing but a man and his tools, we know he is a robotic genius, but we have rarely seen a time when he is forced to deal with an immediate situation, without an army at his back, with an enemy more powerful than him, but without sonic to bail him out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright guys, lets keep the chatter to a minimum. This thread is for questions, and conversation will make it more difficult for us to pick out the questions.

My question would be, was Sally orginally to be roboized or was someone else planned for that?  And was the Robotized Masters the surprise you mentioned about in the past that SEGA was okay with?

It's not entirely a general question, but I feel it needs to be asked. Also spoilers.

What was the inspiration for the Tails Doll monster in STH #147, and were there any other plans in mind story-wise for the character before this point?

Edited by Place

I would ask him: Ian, are you guys going to finish Sonic Underground in the comics?

He's said that the epilogue is still happening, he just doesn't know when. So yes.

It's not entirely a general question, but I feel it needs to be asked. Also spoilers.

What was the inspiration for the Tails Doll monster in STH #147, and were there any other plans in mind story-wise for the character before this point?

The responsibility for that lies solely with Evan Stanley. He gave her a rough outline of what he wanted in the monster, and she just ran away with the ideas to the point that even Ian was surprised when he saw the end result after it got printed.

Edited by VEDJ-F