Awoo.

(Super) Sonic Adventure 2: The New Challengers! (Hack/Mod)

goku262002

This ALMOST gives me a reason to buy this game..... almost.

Maybe if there's another super Sonic sale.

Only if you want to play as the 2P characters like Metal Sonic or Tikal, since they're unlocked in 2P with the Battle DLC. Yeah, basically nulls the point of you needing the mod, but still...

Seemed to all work okay from what I tried with just the other side's character, since I don't have the Battle DLC, anyway. Pretty nice how the 2P characters and their unique properties can be carried over into the main game and have unique layouts loaded for them!

• Thumbs Up 1

This seems really cool, just don't know if I'd go for buying this game all over again just for it, though. It should be awesome for those people who already do have it and if I ever pick up the game on PC, I'll be sure to download this with it. Great job coming up with something like this!

Downloaded it, and played stages as Metal Sonic! Whoop!

However, Metal Harbour has that ring dash only part... and Metal Sonic can't ring dash...

Anyway, be trying more of it out later.

However, Metal Harbour has that ring dash only part... and Metal Sonic can't ring dash...

According to Neo, the creator of this thing, over on Retro:

2P characters inherit their level-up items from their 1P counterparts, so you'll first have to go to White Jungle as Shadow and pick up the Air Shoes before being able to light dash as Metal Sonic. Sorry.

So you -should- be able to... though he also offers a suggestion since it's possible to clear every level besides Crazy Gadget without it:

First you need to climb to the very top of the tower where you get the Light Shoes as Sonic. Jump on the stacked crates and then on top of the roof. Then, you need to charge up a spin dash at the aircraft carrier, release it and then immediately jump to maximize your distance in order to make it. Once at the far end of the aircraft carrier, you can just walk over the edge to find an alternate route that's normally hidden from view.

Metal Sonic and Amy can't spin dash, so it's not as straightforward, but you can do a high jump off the opposite end of the roof, turn around in mid-air, jump dash and then immediately jump again to conserve your speed across the long leap.

Edited by t0ms0nic

I had a problem when testing the 2-player mode using the same character, everything was fine but when chose the same character and the other with his alternate costumethe, game has stopped working.

Downloaded it, and played stages as Metal Sonic! Whoop!

Anyway, be trying more of it out later.

Try playing White Jungle first(where Shadow/Metal Sonic gets his Light Speed Shoes Upgrade.

Also on the topic of SA2 modding:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594750242003513167/416362D181A6A929870FDC8393DDC0BF49D1E5D9/

Just tried it out. I like it! It's cool that all the 2P characters aren't just re-skins of Sonic and Shadow, and have their own unique stats and abilities (such as Metal Sonic's Dark Shield). I love playing as Metal Sonic, he's super fast and jumps way higher than Sonic/Shadow/Amy and his dark shield is bad ass.

Edited by Tomoki Sakurai

This should've been an available feature built-into the rerelease. Awesome!

On what I posted - I've got three different versions of this game. It's hard to keep track of what I have got on each one. With the PC, I haven't even started on the Dark Story yet.

And why is it that whatever 3D Metal Sonic gets modded into, he always manages to break the level. Well, City Escape he can anyway. On the GUN Truck Chase, charge his Dark Sphere. Then when you go over a speed boost - BAM! Shoots over the levels barriers and down to his doom.

I would suggest everyone has their own seperate 100% all-DLC version of SA2PC just for this mod and keep your personal one away in case your not completely finished.

On what I posted - I've got three different versions of this game. It's hard to keep track of what I have got on each one. With the PC, I haven't even started on the Dark Story yet.

And why is it that whatever 3D Metal Sonic gets modded into, he always manages to break the level. Well, City Escape he can anyway. On the GUN Truck Chase, charge his Dark Sphere. Then when you go over a speed boost - BAM! Shoots over the levels barriers and down to his doom.

Because he's badass.

• Thumbs Up 4

Loving the mod, but I wanted to post about the easter egg (which is really cool!)

If you play as Metal Sonic in the final fight against Sonic, you get the Stardust Speedway music!

• Thumbs Up 6

Loving the mod, but I wanted to post about the easter egg (which is really cool!)

If you play as Metal Sonic in the final fight against Sonic, you get the Stardust Speedway music!]

That's... actually pretty clever... O.O

Makes me wish there was some kind of demo for SA2 so I could see if the game runs on my computer well enough to try out the mod.

Makes me wish there was some kind of demo for SA2 so I could see if the game runs on my computer well enough to try out the mod.

Well, look up the specs needed to play the game and compare them to yours.

See if its listed here:

www.systemrequirementslab.com/

Edited by goku262002

• 3 months later...

Exactly how do I switch characters? The main menu says Super Sonic Adventure 2 and the other changes work but I can't switch characters. I'm using a Xbox 360 controller's bumpers on the loading screen for a level (I also tried the L and R buttons on the keyboard at the same screen). Is there something else I need to download or am I doing something wrong? Am I trying at the wrong time or using the wrong buttons? I realy like the idea of the mod but it is'nt working. Thanks.

There should be a readme.txt with all the instructions you need.

This reminds me, I should see if Neo made any updates. excuse me...

I can't find the .txt. There wasn't one. I do have to say, mod making should be a business. It sounds like it's tough and mod makers would make a good amount of cash because of all the gamers.