Awoo.

Sonic The Adhog

Linkabel

I can't post pics of it right now, but Sonic did at one point team up with TSB Bank and the NSPCC.

I do not remember the details, but you donated money or opened a bank account and got a giant unique Sonic poster.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't post pics of it right now, but Sonic did at one point team up with TSB Bank and the NSPCC.

I do not remember the details, but you donated money or opened a bank account and got a giant unique Sonic poster.

Well that was something I was not expecting. Would be cool if someone could provide pics!

Also I forgot about the pasta Sonic had, both classic and modern had their own.

3sonicpastas.jpg?w=529

And that weird commercial:

• Thumbs Up 5

Well that was something I was not expecting. Would be cool if someone could provide pics!

Also I forgot about the pasta Sonic had, both classic and modern had their own.

3sonicpastas.jpg?w=529

And that weird commercial:

>Chemical Plant Zone music

>Mushroom Hill footage

Great job, guys. (Y)

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't post pics of it right now, but Sonic did at one point team up with TSB Bank and the NSPCC.   I do not remember the details, but you donated money or opened a bank account and got a giant unique Sonic poster.
I had this poster. It was my first piece of Sonic merch. My Nan was a TSB customer and she convinced them to give her one! Sonics mug was slapped on a lot of things in the 90s. Cans of pasta, tiny biscuits...
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am really interested in these. I knew most of these but I didn't know about the Coke or the Pasta one.

Sega also had a Sonic-themed Honey Nut Cheerio's "Race For the Taste" advert which had the Honey Nut Cheerio's bee racing against Sonic (and unsurprisingly losing).

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh my gooooooosh I want something like this on TV again.  Those are sooooo cool!

Anyway, yes, back in the day, Sonic used to have an incredible marketing front, which probably explains the massive success it had at the time.  I used to be so happy because I had the Sonic racing game that was in the 2004 Happy Meal promotion. (When I was a little too old to be ordering Happy Meals) ... But I lost it in the move.  Years later, my friend surprised me by giving me another, unopened toy from the same promotion!  With excitement, I opened it up and...

It was the Amy/Rouge one. :v - Oh well, it still compliments my collection, though I wish I still had the Sonic one =c

So yeah, marketing.  Fun memories.

• Thumbs Up 1

My eyes, they BUUUUURNN... also Rouge looks like a Rat, how in the world did SEGA allow that

tumblr_lqjh2nbfwO1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg

Damn, and now there's little to none commercials with Sonic games

Edited by Gammy-kins
  • Thumbs Up 4

sonic.jpg

HOOOOOOLY SHIT I REMEMBER THESE! I could have sworn Tails had been an actual figurine though, not just a cardboard cutout. But the Robotnik one I definitely remember for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I find hilarious about the following Tiger Sonic 3D Blast ad is the fact that it's so audacious in how misleading it attempts to be. They purposefully interject footage of the Mega Drive version to detract some attention away from the fact that it's a primitive 2D LCD game :lol:

On a more positive note, I always loved this Japanese Sonic CD commercial. The CGI may be primitive but it works. And I love how "Sonic - You Can Do Anything" is included. And Eggman's image imposed over the Little Planet coolly emphasizes his domination over it;

Epic.

• Thumbs Up 2

I remember circa-1994 Sonic was in a big way with Lifesavers; to the extent that they were bankrolling a contest that was related to Sonic in some way. I'd have to dig up my old EGMs, but they were loaded with ads about it. This was one of them:

soniclifesaversmall.jpg

That I also remember, but there was also another one that they did before that.

sonic.jpg

I've still got the sonic shooter thing. Hell if I know where it is, but I still got it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember when this advert for Sonic 06 came out in the UK, it looked so awesome to me at the time.... Sigh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it sad to admit that I still have a Sonic 3 lifesavers roll unopened?

And the lifesavers Sonic hat... and t-shirt somewhere... lol.

Anywho I very clearly remember back in the 90's something with Sonic and Fruit Roll-Up's where you could "punch out" a fruity version of Sonic and co stock images on the fruit roll up itself ... or at least I am prettttty sure. Anyone else have a recollection of that? I am sure there was some sort of ad for it too

Edited by AuroraRedwinters
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6579-a_jqM

here's a weird one, never thought I'd find it on youtube. I remember when this aired I actually tried to set up a vcr to record it with no luck.

It's an advert for a Citv show called ministry of mayhem and features the cast invading various shows trying toget publicity for the show. One of the things they invade is....sonic heroes. complete with little cgi stephen mullhern and Holly Willabooby,

• Thumbs Up 2

I had this poster. It was my first piece of Sonic merch. My Nan was a TSB customer and she convinced them to give her one! Sonics mug was slapped on a lot of things in the 90s. Cans of pasta, tiny biscuits...

It would've been cool if you still had the poster to see it.

Milky Way ad

I remember seeing this ad back in the day! I had forgotten about it, nice find!

I remember circa-1994 Sonic was in a big way with Lifesavers; to the extent that they were bankrolling a contest that was related to Sonic in some way. I'd have to dig up my old EGMs, but they were loaded with ads about it. This was one of them:

That I also remember, but there was also another one that they did before that.

Sonic was so big with Lifesavers they still them on ebay till this day.

Anywho I very clearly remember back in the 90's something with Sonic and Fruit Roll-Up's where you could "punch out" a fruity version of Sonic and co stock images on the fruit roll up itself ... or at least I am prettttty sure. Anyone else have a recollection of that? I am sure there was some sort of ad for it too

I don't remember seeing them myself, but they did exist:

6320019625_b8aa07380c_z.jpg

Good memory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6579-a_jqM

here's a weird one, never thought I'd find it on youtube. I remember when this aired I actually tried to set up a vcr to record it with no luck.

It's an advert for a Citv show called ministry of mayhem and features the cast invading various shows trying toget publicity for the show. One of the things they invade is....sonic heroes. complete with little cgi stephen mullhern and Holly Willabooby,

Another ad I wasn't expecting. Cool!

Others on Retro have found this:

A Sonic cologne, and I can't really see what brand it is though:

z7mZSlN.jpg

An alphabet of Sonic, which I think a member from here showed us a long time ago:

m6RDLSA.jpg

Sonic pogs from Bollicao:

5JqEGiU.jpg

Others things they found was that back in the day in Spain, Sega used to sponsor Takeshi's Castle (Humor Amarillo) where Sonic's mouth would move in the title logo. I later found out that they used to give Sega consoles as prices. Another one included giving Sonic viewfinders in Hardee's.

This one I was going to put in the OP, but chose to save it for later. Around the time of the Dreamcast, Sega partnered with Jack in the Box to promote the "Sega PC" line up by giving out toys based on Sonic, Knuckles, Ecco and Bug!

sonicjib-550x%20quality=90.jpg

mfBdAgVL7FQBym0pFZpfXkg.jpg

You could also get "limited editon" games of Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic & Knuckles collection for the PC. Though I also remember that they advertise Sonic R, Bug! and Ecco along with some other game.

sonic3dblastjitb1-550x%20quality=90.jpg

I actually have the Sonic (I have like three of them) and Knuckles. Sadly I don't know what happened to Ecco and Bug.

• Thumbs Up 2

It would've been cool if you still had the poster to see it.

I'm not sure what happened to mine. I would like to think it's safe in my parents' attic but they've moved a few times, sp I can't be sure what they discarded.

Anyways it took me a while to find it but here is what it looked like;

http://videogamemm.com/main/content/large-sonic-hedgehog-tsb-poster-type

Various Sonic CD scenes in the background. I hadn't played CD at this point so some of these were a complete mystery to me.

This also reminds me, Sonic was in a Midland bank advert; he jumped on a blue couch and a load of rings bounced out of it. I haven't been able to find it online, however but I'm pretty sure I saw it several times when I were a wee nipper. :B

Edited by MamboCat
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm not sure what happened to mine. I would like to think it's safe in my parents' attic but they've moved a few times, sp I can't be sure what they discarded.

Anyways it took me a while to find it but here is what it looked like;

http://videogamemm.com/main/content/large-sonic-hedgehog-tsb-poster-type

Ah there it is.

Yeah I have that one, but theres another another one. It's a giant £1 coin, only it's Tails' head instead of the Queen. For some reason I think theres a 3rd one but I've not seen a picture of it.

Ah yes, I know the one you mean... but I didn't have that one.

I seem to remember Tails looking a little drunk on that coin! :D

I seem to remember Tails looking a little drunk on that coin! biggrin.png

lol he sure does, I have it... somewhere... anyway... heres another odd one.

XFIZqWW.jpg

Anyone have any idea about these? I bought these from the same guy a few months back, however, there is a 3rd in the set, it's of Sonic... and Amy. Yes, that Sonic CD artwork, promoting Sonic 3.

So you have this company who I think make confectionary, promoting Sonic 3 by using pyramid head robotnik and Sonic CD assets.

Ok so literally just decided to look these up when making this post and I found this.

1365271474.jpg

I had no idea there were that many. It's also using purple Knuckles... though there is a Sonic 3 pin gift set made by Sega which also uses purple knuckles too.

Anyone know anything about this company or what this promotion was about?

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, seeing all this stuff just makes me cry whenever I go to any place and see Mario and co.'s faces plastered over all sorts of merchandise. I really hope SEGA takes advantage of a newer generation and the fact animals tend to appeal more to kids to rebuild Sonic's presence in the market.

• Thumbs Up 4