Awoo.

Sonic The Adhog

Linkabel

You know, seeing all this stuff just makes me cry whenever I go to any place and see Mario and co.'s faces plastered over all sorts of merchandise. I really hope SEGA takes advantage of a newer generation and the fact animals tend to appeal more to kids to rebuild Sonic's presence in the market.

I think this is not fair to say because Sonic is making a sort of comeback in the public eye, especially in the merchandise front.  Just head to the market forum and you'll see what I mean.

Granted is not as big as it once was but it is there.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember quite a few of these things myself. There was a Sonic promotion with Snack Pack yoghurts, and there was also a Sonic X-Treme promo for Zooper Doopers (Type of ice block). The X-Treme promo had stickers for you to collect and also a scratch off card for you to win various Sonic related prizes. I remember winning a cool Sonic themed basketball.

There's also another one that I cannot find pictures for at all...maybe other Australian members can help out? Back when Sonic 2 was released, there was a bundle that could be found in various stores. It was a metal tin, and came packed with two games. Sonic 2 and The Lion King. There was also some Sonic shaped candy inside the tins, but I can't find any pictures at all. Each tin would contain 2 games and 2 packets of Sonic candy.

Edited by Lhancat
  • Thumbs Up 1

lol he sure does, I have it... somewhere... anyway... heres another odd one.

XFIZqWW.jpg

Anyone have any idea about these? I bought these from the same guy a few months back, however, there is a 3rd in the set, it's of Sonic... and Amy. Yes, that Sonic CD artwork, promoting Sonic 3.

So you have this company who I think make confectionary, promoting Sonic 3 by using pyramid head robotnik and Sonic CD assets.

Ok so literally just decided to look these up when making this post and I found this.

1365271474.jpg

I had no idea there were that many. It's also using purple Knuckles... though there is a Sonic 3 pin gift set made by Sega which also uses purple knuckles too.

Anyone know anything about this company or what this promotion was about?

Well I know they make good cookies and cakes, but I guess that's not what you were talking of.tongue.png

I think this is not fair to say because Sonic is making a sort of comeback in the public eye, especially in the merchandise front.  Just head to the market forum and you'll see what I mean.

Granted is not as big as it once was but it is there.

Oh, I didn't deny that he had a presence. It's just he has nothing on what he did in the 90s. Which is what I'm lamenting; I'm hoping a new generation of children can be successfully marketed to and rebuild him to what he once was. I don't see Sonic promoting much, or see his face plastered on anywhere near as many shirts as Mario and the like.

Well first I'd actually like to see the games being advertised!

That's not the same Knux figurine from Sonic Cult's infamous anti-hotlinking image, is it? Can't help but feel it looks pretty familiar.

• Thumbs Up 3

Imagine you playing retro Sonic game, and once in a while all the sprites becomes ad banners for a short period of time.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, I didn't deny that he had a presence. It's just he has nothing on what he did in the 90s. Which is what I'm lamenting; I'm hoping a new generation of children can be successfully marketed to and rebuild him to what he once was. I don't see Sonic promoting much, or see his face plastered on anywhere near as many shirts as Mario and the like.

I don't know, I think for every item is featured Sonic has his own too and even more. Anyways, I found other stuff that I had completely forgotten about. The first one is a funny one if you watch Park and Recreations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7xeGfEo_ls

And this one is for the people in the UK who watched Gamesmaster, where there was a Sonic The Hedgehog challenge:

Also, I don't know if you guys ever saw a movie called "Trading Mom" but for a brief second they show a mom playing Sonic with a group of children.

• 8 months later...

I'm bumping this topic because I don't really know where else to put this, and didn't wanna make it have its own topic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dQpUyyQVo

I was looking at some older commercials from about 10 years ago, and found this Sonic Heroes McDonalds commercial (at about 7:20) I remember from my childhood. I knew it existed, but could never find it. It's pretty cool to hear Drummond's voice say "I'm Lovin It"!

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember this. And I remember eating them and watching AOSTH.

3sonicpastas.jpg?w=529

And that weird commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh0V68c1ybw

I remember this one too.

I got the cheerios just to try and win the sega genesis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDP9OXF354

• Thumbs Up 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh0V68c1ybw

This commercially encompasses literally everything I miss about the 90's.  It's so insane.

• Thumbs Up 4

This commercial of course made a lot of people ask, "why does Sonic need car insurance?"

Because he crashes too much in Sonic & All Stars Racing. Don't forget about those darned homing missles.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never saw a problem with Sonic wanting car insurance.  Remember that the Tornado was Sonic's plane first, and I wouldn't put it past him to enjoy all kinds of vehicles.  Maybe working on cars and planes is a secondary hobby to him that was abandoned as soon as Tails came along.  Come to think of it, seeing Sonic and Tails work together on a plane (with Tails being the more knowledgeable one in that regard) would be so cute! =P

• 3 weeks later...

The car insurance one was a bit odd...Car insurance is marketed to adults and Sonic would not likely appeal to the adults the commercial was aimed ad. A good bit of them were likely wondering "What the heck is that thing?"

The car insurance one was a bit odd...Car insurance is marketed to adults and Sonic would not likely appeal to the adults the commercial was aimed ad. A good bit of them were likely wondering "What the heck is that thing?"

But us guys who grew up with Sonic are adults and we are driving.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm speaking of "normal" adults of course. A lot of them don't know about games in such unless their kid is into it. The Gecho from Geico is one thing with Sonic....you can't tell really unless you know.

I wouldn't say that is true at all. There is some misconception that all adults are ignorant about videogames ( sure SOME are or at least about content) but 90's kids/teens are now older and remember a lot about their gaming ways. That was sorta the generation if gaming, with a sorta boom of the industry giving us some of it's more iconic characters like Mario and sonic.

It's similar to Pixar waiting a good number of years to release Toy Story 3 and Monsters U, both about going to college/University, when the kids that watched the originals would be getting ready to head to college/Uni themselves.

They made the inside of the Dreamcast look like an awesome place to be. Shame about the blurry video.

Apparently this is what happens when Sonic daydreams at the DJ desk.

Edit: On a related note, Sega said a couple of times that Sonic had a hobby as a DJ, I'm actually somewhat undecided on whether this "fits".

• Thumbs Up 4