Awoo.

Avengers Assemble! Again... for another Cartoon

Balding Spider

aa.jpg

Avengers Assemble is one of two new Marvel Cartoons currently being developed by Marvels in house animation department along with Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. According to Marvels head of animation Jeph Loeb Avengers Assemble is said to be the continuation of 2010's Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes which sadly met it's too early IMO last year. In addition the development team have also said they aim to take the same tone and feeling 2012's Avengers movie and bring it to this show. Officially the premier date is July 7th, but a special 1 hour preview will air on May 26th

The Voice Talent:

Laura Bailey- She's pretty much every woman, girl, or child in anime and videogames. Most people here will probably know her best Rise Kujikawa from Persona 4. In Avengers Assemble she'll voice Black Widow.

Troy Baker- Like Laura he's pretty much all over the place doing nearly every male voice, recently finishing voicing Booker DeWitt in Bioshock Infinite. He'll be voicing Hawkeye in Avengers Assemble.

Adrian Pasdar- Most notably known for his role as Nathan Petrelli in the 2006 NBC series Heroes. However recently he's become the official voice of Tony Stark since first voicing him in Ultimate Spider-man. No surprise he's voicing Iron Man once more.

Bumper Robinson- Previously voiced War Machine in the last Avengers cartoon, and Bumblebee in Transformers Animated. Now he's been escalated to a fulltime character as The new rookie hero The Falcon

Roger Craig Smith-That's right Sonic fans Roger's in this and this time he's going to voicing the first Avenger himself Captain America.

Fred Tatasciore- He's the official voice of the Hulk, he's literally the only person doing the voice.Oh and he voiced Megatron in the Transformers Cybertron games. But he's once again back to reprise his role as The Hulk

Travis Willingham- And finally we have another Sonic VA in the cast. The current voice of Knuckles is going to voice the prince of Asgard Thor.

Link to character profiles (contains spoilers): http://marvelkids.marvel.com/shows/188/marvels_avengers_assemble

Link to some preview art: http://medinnus.com/avengersassemble/images/

And Some brief descriptions of the first two episodes

Sunday, May 26
Original Series – Series Premiere
Marvel’s
Avengers Assemble
"The Avengers Protocol: Pt. 1"
(11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
ET/PT)

When Captain America is apparently destroyed by Red Skull,
Iron Man re-unites the team to try and avenge his friend and stop Red Skull’s
army.
TV-Y7-FV  

Sunday, May 26
Original
Series – Episode Premiere
Marvel’s Avengers Assemble "The Avengers
Protocol: Pt. 2"
(11:30 AM – 12:00 PM ET/PT)

When Red Skull
steals Tony Stark’s armor, the Avengers must put aside their differences and
galvanize the team to stop him and M.O.D.O.K. from destroying New York
City.
TV-Y7-FV 

Given Jeph Loeb's track record, I'm not exactly... excited for this one. If it turns out great, then great. But it sits in a very awkward position; It has to meet the expectations of EMH, as well as shed the stigma of Ultimate and its ilk. I suppose we'll see if they pull it off.

Cool so the Avengers is returning. And Smith is voicing one of my least favorite heroes. Hmmm. I'll watch a few episodes and hope it turns out good.

For some reason, it seems to make total sense that knuckles va is also Thor. Same goes for sonic.(kinda) I mean, they both fight for freedom.:P and are blue.

After watching a couple of episodes of EMH I did like it for the most part.

I'm gonna look forward to this and hope it does better than the original series.

Laura Bailey as Black Widow... oh god, no, please: i'm afraid that she could not fit the character.

Also, not Eric Loomis as Iron Man? Oh well.

Laura Bailey as Black Widow... oh god, no, please: i'm afraid that she could not fit the character.

She has far more vocal range than most people realise, she's just unfortunately typecast and directed into the same kind of hyper genki characters all the time.

If you haven't seen any of her more serious roles you'll probably be surprised at how good she'd be for Black Widow.

• Thumbs Up 3

The only variation of her voice i heard from the standard "uber-timid teen-age girl" is when she voiced the Cloud of Darkness in the 2 Dissidia games, and even there i don't think that voice could match a character like Black Widow. Then again, i think it's best for me to wait for this AS to start.

The only variation of her voice i heard from the standard "uber-timid teen-age girl" is when she voiced the Cloud of Darkness in the 2 Dissidia games, and even there i don't think that voice could match a character like Black Widow. Then again, i think it's best for me to wait for this AS to start.

Naw that's not what I mean either, she also voices calm or mature girls quite well (she is Blaze's current voice too), as well as girls who are kind of sadistic (or really sadistic in the case of NieR's Kaine.)

She'll be totally fine for Black Widow, assuming she's been well-directed. The worst thing that can happen to talented voice actors is bad voice direction.

It's only a matter time till we see fanart of Blaze is Black Widow's clothes.

No Ant-Man, no sell, that was one of my favorite part of earths mightiest heroes was that they actualy followed the comics somewhat, and managed to include Ant-man 1 and 2, and yellowjacket in two seasons(and the wasp of course)

Also, it has boring movie hawkeye :P

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

So when will an expy for Loeb's dead son appear and become the main character?

That's kinda fucked up mang.

Luckily I just happened to be bored with my tablet nearby:

kmfqE2g.png

I didn't see the original EMH but I did hear good things about it, hopefully this is a worthy followup to that series.

Hey dude, thats awesome, now how about Tail's as Ant-man(or maybe Eggman XD), and Nack as Swordsman

Hey dude, thats awesome, now how about Tail's as Ant-man(or maybe Eggman XD), and Nack as Swordsman

Unless Kate Higgins voices Ant Man, that's not gonna really work.

Now Blaze as black widow, I'm all for.

I'm sorta mixed on the show. On one hand, it's part of the reason EMH got cancelled. But on the other hand, it could be cool, looking forward to it's premiere and what it'll offer.

detail.jpg

also relevent

• Thumbs Up 3

That's kinda fucked up mang.

It's also a tradition with him. I'm sorry for the guy and actually like some of the stuff he's doing, I just wish he wasn't using his job as a griefing method.

It's also a tradition with him. I'm sorry for the guy and actually like some of the stuff he's doing, I just wish he wasn't using his job as a griefing method.

As someone a bit more familiar with Loeb's recent "output," I can say that this is sadly the case. Remember Sam/Nova from Ultimate? Just as a recent example.

Traditional animation? An amazing voice cast!? AVENGERS CARTOON!? HELL YEAH, SOMETHING TO WATCH!

• 2 weeks later...

We now have our first promo with animation, complete with dead looking Falcon eyes.

Not impressed so far. Like with Ultimate Spiderman I see the characters shown still lack a sense of style to them it makes them look generic. And then there's that flat delivery of the end joke. I'll still watch the  1 hour preview but right now I'm even more nervous for the show.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 2