Awoo.

Free Comic Book Day 2013

kimplix

I didn't see The Walking Dead one.

Still, my store were also giving out some left over issues, I got Guardians Of The Galaxy 0.1!

Erm... SSMB.

I just went to ebay and looked up a few of this years Free Comic Book day comics...

Why are some selling for between £4-£8 right now!?

Erm... SSMB.

I just went to ebay and looked up a few of this years Free Comic Book day comics...

That is completely ridiculous.

All of the cool shit was gone sadly, so I got a Wolverine and another comic. Good I guess

Erm... SSMB.

*shrugs* They're only available for one day after all, and only if you live near a comic store......

Today ends another glorious day for this year's Free Comic Book Day. I hope you had fun on your comics hunt, grabbing, purchasing and even finding rare comics. may next year bring goodness to the tables and stores ^^

Mine are unstamped.

Better deposit these in some of those protector baggies I have laying around.

I got to the comic store a half hour before opening only to find an empty lot with a "For Lease" sign. I found out by the neighboring store that they move to a new store a few miles away.

I got there late. Most of the good stuff were gone.

Whatever, I took the leftovers and bought few other issues.

47506132918632387341821.jpg

I like to start collecting the "World Collide" series.

Edited by Brother Earl

At the one down the street they only had The Walking Dead and The Smurfs left. I got the former.

I was hoping to pick up the Sonic/Megaman crossover comic, but when I got to the local comic store, they were out so I picked up The Walking Dead instead.

Participated in my first Free Comic Book Day today! Went with three siblings of mine as well and the store had a four comic limit, so we basically got a little bit of everything each other wanted. They had the free comic for this year on a rack and extra free ones on another rack, I was able to snatch this up:

320791_10201022909276090_171149029_n.jpg

The Sonic/Megaman crossover and three Flash comics, pretty good, I think! My sister was able to grab that TMNT comic, so I'm interested in that and will probably give it a read, my other sister just grabbed straight Spider-Man stuff and the last one just got random things she wanted.

There's another comic book store I couldn't quite get to today, so I'm going to drop by tomorrow and see if I can maybe grab myself one of those Walking Dead comics!

Did anyone know that Sonic Universe #1 and Mega Man #1 are free to download on the Android market today as part of Free Comic Book Day?

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anyone know that Sonic Universe #1 and Mega Man #1 are free to download on the Android market today as part of Free Comic Book Day?

I sure did, having downloaded them along with a few other comics a few hours ago. I love Free Comic Book Day. smile.png

Yup, I knew that as well. I've already read SU#1, but I got it for the sake of getting it. I'm curious to read the Mega Man one, though.

Got myself two copies of the Worlds Collide Prelude; I think it's cool how both comics are exactly the same but the story you read is different depending on the direction you start in, front or back.

Also got myself the Walking Dead; it's Michonne's backstory which was a special printed a few months back as I recall, but still pretty neat.

I got lunch out of the deal at least! My fingers got a bit sticky from having some butterscotch sauce though so hopefully the covers aren't too damaged...

It's not uncommon for the first couple of FCBD comics to hit eBay to go for ridiculous amounts .. actually that implies to anything new. I'm guessing people are afraid they might miss out.

I wasn't at FCBD today in Plymouth, but my boyfriend went and was kind enough to pick up TWD and Kaboom! special for me. <3 No Sonic/Megaman though, but since it's just a reprint with a cool cover I didn't mind so much.

5th year in a role where I missed FBCD. FML guys. FML! 

Official Sonic FB Page Plugs Wrong FCBD Comic

sonic_oops_mistake_error_header-620x250.

Two Steps–And One Year–Back

Free Comic Book Day took place this past weekend, and if you’ve been reading this time, you’ve known for months the planned release from Archie for this year was to be a combined Sonic / Mega Man flipbook that served as a preface to the Worlds Collide arc.

Unfortunately, it appears no one told Sega last Thursday, when they plugged last year‘s FCBD release on Facebook instead:

FCBD-OOPS.png

Even more bizarre is that the mistake, never corrected and still on the official Sonic FB page as of this article’s publication, came a day after a post with the correct cover.

Still, with more than 300 shares and over 3,500 “likes” on the post, the mistake probably did more good than harm simply by raising awareness of the day.  Nearly all eyewitness accounts around the Internet suggests the flipbooks went quick.  But we’re also checking into a tip sent into us that Sonic writer Ian Flynn was a no-show at a planned FCBD event this past weekend.  When we learn more about that, we will pass that along.

Yeah I was gonna go to my local comic book store on that weekend but, my mom didn't have the gas money. So, yeah I missed out. And the comic book store is like apox. 10 or miles from where I live.